Recent Topics

Ads

[TETHER ADDON]Friend or Foe?

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Community Management, Management

cynicprophet
Posts: 59

[TETHER ADDON]Friend or Foe?

Post#1 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:35 pm

So we have gotten rid of the Nerfed Buttons which was playing the game for the players who are supposed to be doing it themselves.Let's be fair it has done more good than people actually thought it did.But now i think we need to point out another addon which pollutes the minds of easy lifers...which is TETHER.

Why tether is evil?
Because tether literally connects you to your guarded target,removing entirety of required tank awarness you need ( WHICH IS REALLY NOT HARD TO FOLLOW 1 GUY AROUND ) and also changes color IF you are in guard range or not depending on the distance.Before you rage at me listen to me attentively please,what i am trying to point out is we all have the power and awarness to do what this class meant to do,we are a result of millions of years of evolution i think we really do not need such help to do such simple task for us.And again it being simple task doesnt mean it helps little,it does remove the human error and again i have to repeat myself the AWARNESS to follow your guarded target around in chaotic situations.

I have been watching streams lately and people are abusing this addon and funny thing is the poepl e who complained about NB uses this addon which is kinda hypocritical.

So what do you think?

Ads
User avatar
flux
Posts: 11

Re: [TETHER ADDON]Friend or Foe?

Post#2 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:44 pm

I think you are full of crap. Why don't you keep your nose out of other player's UIs?

TreefAM
Posts: 622

Re: [TETHER ADDON]Friend or Foe?

Post#3 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:46 pm

Good idea I agree with this 100%!

Wintersun666
Posts: 67

Re: [TETHER ADDON]Friend or Foe?

Post#4 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:48 pm

Big true

Spoke the truth broda
Image

User avatar
ufthakk
Posts: 207

Re: [TETHER ADDON]Friend or Foe?

Post#5 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:49 pm

Why not, as long i can keep snbt_buttons. Will not bring NB back tho.

User avatar
Kaelang
Community Management
Posts: 1059

Re: [TETHER ADDON]Friend or Foe?

Post#6 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:59 pm

I appreciate people are naturally going to use the removal of NB to try and remove any other addons they disagree with however Tether hasn't been a cause for concern and can really help players getting used to playing around guards.

I think as a community we could do with teaching tanks how to use guard in the first place before looking at removing options to help managing it. ;)
Installation GuideRoR DiscordBugtrackerPersonal Twitch

If you play a Dwarf expect an extended delay in my response to your questions. You deserve it. Ugly.

cynicprophet
Posts: 59

Re: [TETHER ADDON]Friend or Foe?

Post#7 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:01 pm

Kaelang wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:59 pm
I appreciate people are naturally going to use the removal of NB to try and remove any other addons they disagree with however Tether hasn't been a cause for concern and can really help players getting used to playing around guards.

I think as a community we could do with teaching tanks how to use guard in the first place before looking at removing options to help managing it. ;)
What do you mean help players getting used to playing around guard?

User avatar
Kaelang
Community Management
Posts: 1059

Re: [TETHER ADDON]Friend or Foe?

Post#8 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:11 pm

cynicprophet wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:01 pm
Kaelang wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:59 pm
I appreciate people are naturally going to use the removal of NB to try and remove any other addons they disagree with however Tether hasn't been a cause for concern and can really help players getting used to playing around guards.

I think as a community we could do with teaching tanks how to use guard in the first place before looking at removing options to help managing it. ;)
What do you mean help players getting used to playing around guard?
Tether literally draws a line between players who have guard and who do not. The fundamental purpose of Tether is to help players play around guard.

I've also removed the second part of your post as it's completely irrelevant to this topic and hijacking an initial point to start complaining isn't going to go anywhere.
Installation GuideRoR DiscordBugtrackerPersonal Twitch

If you play a Dwarf expect an extended delay in my response to your questions. You deserve it. Ugly.

Ads
cynicprophet
Posts: 59

Re: [TETHER ADDON]Friend or Foe?

Post#9 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:22 pm

Kaelang wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:11 pm
cynicprophet wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:01 pm
Kaelang wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:59 pm
I appreciate people are naturally going to use the removal of NB to try and remove any other addons they disagree with however Tether hasn't been a cause for concern and can really help players getting used to playing around guards.

I think as a community we could do with teaching tanks how to use guard in the first place before looking at removing options to help managing it. ;)
What do you mean help players getting used to playing around guard?
Tether literally draws a line between players who have guard and who do not. The fundamental purpose of Tether is to help players play around guard.

I've also removed the second part of your post as it's completely irrelevant to this topic and hijacking an initial point to start complaining isn't going to go anywhere.
NO,tether draws a line between me and the player i am guarding and stretches as far as eye can see,changing color depending on the distance if im in range or not.Which means if my guarded target gets punted away by a black guard i dont need to look around but follow the line.As a tank you are supposed to be following your guarded target why do you really need this kinda hand holding ?IT promotes slack in tanks.You really dont need to pay attention what is going on. I do not need to look where my guarded target is going , i just need to follow vivid green line. It is more than helping in my opinion kinda plays the game for you.

User avatar
Kaelang
Community Management
Posts: 1059

Re: [TETHER ADDON]Friend or Foe?

Post#10 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:23 pm

cynicprophet wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:22 pm
Kaelang wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:11 pm
cynicprophet wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:01 pm


What do you mean help players getting used to playing around guard?
Tether literally draws a line between players who have guard and who do not. The fundamental purpose of Tether is to help players play around guard.

I've also removed the second part of your post as it's completely irrelevant to this topic and hijacking an initial point to start complaining isn't going to go anywhere.
NO,tether draws a line between me and the player i am guarding and stretches as far as eye can see,changing color depending on the distance if im in range or not.Which means if my guarded target gets punted away by a black guard i dont need to look around but follow the line.As a tank you are supposed to be following your guarded target why do you really need this kinda hand holding ?IT promotes slack in tanks.You really dont need to pay attention what is going on. I do not need to look where my guarded target is going , i just need to follow vivid green line. It is more than helping in my opinion kinda plays the game for you.
I think at this time we can probably agree to disagree on it. And if you would rather be playing without Tether, you can remove it from your AddOn list and use your tank mechanics to better yourself as a player. If we start taking the approach of 'this is too helpful' then we'll end up with no addons left.
Installation GuideRoR DiscordBugtrackerPersonal Twitch

If you play a Dwarf expect an extended delay in my response to your questions. You deserve it. Ugly.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BlackMeowder, Google Adsense [Bot] and 12 guests