Ads

[TETHER ADDON]Friend or Foe?

Let's talk about... everything else
sullemunk
Addon Developer

Re: [TETHER ADDON]Friend or Foe?

Post#11 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:26 pm

shift + z is the only way to play the game, everything else is "cheat"
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

Ads
cynicprophet

Post#12 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:27 pm

Kaelang wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:23 pm
cynicprophet wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:22 pm
Kaelang wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:11 pm

Tether literally draws a line between players who have guard and who do not. The fundamental purpose of Tether is to help players play around guard.

I've also removed the second part of your post as it's completely irrelevant to this topic and hijacking an initial point to start complaining isn't going to go anywhere.
NO,tether draws a line between me and the player i am guarding and stretches as far as eye can see,changing color depending on the distance if im in range or not.Which means if my guarded target gets punted away by a black guard i dont need to look around but follow the line.As a tank you are supposed to be following your guarded target why do you really need this kinda hand holding ?IT promotes slack in tanks.You really dont need to pay attention what is going on. I do not need to look where my guarded target is going , i just need to follow vivid green line. It is more than helping in my opinion kinda plays the game for you.
I think at this time we can probably agree to disagree on it. And if you would rather be playing without Tether, you can remove it from your AddOn list and use your tank mechanics to better yourself as a player. If we start taking the approach of 'this is too helpful' then we'll end up with no addons left.
I think this has been talked several times here already,there is quality of life change addons and there are addons who plays the game and remove human error from the game.And tether if not as radical as Nerfed Buttons is in the same league,why do we promote such addons ?

Deviance01

Post#13 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:32 pm

cynicprophet wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:35 pm So we have gotten rid of the Nerfed Buttons which was playing the game for the players who are supposed to be doing it themselves.Let's be fair it has done more good than people actually thought it did.But now i think we need to point out another addon which pollutes the minds of easy lifers...which is TETHER.

Why tether is evil?
Because tether literally connects you to your guarded target,removing entirety of required tank awarness you need ( WHICH IS REALLY NOT HARD TO FOLLOW 1 GUY AROUND ) and also changes color IF you are in guard range or not depending on the distance.Before you rage at me listen to me attentively please,what i am trying to point out is we all have the power and awarness to do what this class meant to do,we are a result of millions of years of evolution i think we really do not need such help to do such simple task for us.And again it being simple task doesnt mean it helps little,it does remove the human error and again i have to repeat myself the AWARNESS to follow your guarded target around in chaotic situations.

I have been watching streams lately and people are abusing this addon and funny thing is the poepl e who complained about NB uses this addon which is kinda hypocritical.

So what do you think?

NB was a very unique addon thus it sparked controversy.

Tether is just another graphical UI enhancement ,same logic as bigger timers on dots duration or bigger buffs for people to watch without getting headaches or Enemy HP colours etc.
It doesn't get to choose actions for you and doesn't do any checks in regards the Guard functioning it self. In other words it does not play the game for you.
You can mark the tank/tankee and follow around. This just makes it easy for the eyes. Should we remove Enemy as well?
Just adds to quality of life of the gamer ,same as many many addons.
Theres a huge part of the game code dedicated to addons by default. Lets not overreact with every little thing.
" As long as a single one of us stands, we are legion. "

Unholy - Chaos Marauder

oaliaen

Post#14 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:35 pm

All addons are evil pls remove them

cynicprophet

Post#15 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:38 pm

Deviance01 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:32 pm
cynicprophet wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:35 pm So we have gotten rid of the Nerfed Buttons which was playing the game for the players who are supposed to be doing it themselves.Let's be fair it has done more good than people actually thought it did.But now i think we need to point out another addon which pollutes the minds of easy lifers...which is TETHER.

Why tether is evil?
Because tether literally connects you to your guarded target,removing entirety of required tank awarness you need ( WHICH IS REALLY NOT HARD TO FOLLOW 1 GUY AROUND ) and also changes color IF you are in guard range or not depending on the distance.Before you rage at me listen to me attentively please,what i am trying to point out is we all have the power and awarness to do what this class meant to do,we are a result of millions of years of evolution i think we really do not need such help to do such simple task for us.And again it being simple task doesnt mean it helps little,it does remove the human error and again i have to repeat myself the AWARNESS to follow your guarded target around in chaotic situations.

I have been watching streams lately and people are abusing this addon and funny thing is the poepl e who complained about NB uses this addon which is kinda hypocritical.

So what do you think?

NB was a very unique addon thus it sparked controversy.

Tether is just another graphical UI enhancement ,same logic as bigger timers on dots duration or bigger buffs for people to watch without getting headaches or Enemy HP colours etc.
It doesn't get to choose actions for you and doesn't do any checks in regards the Guard functioning it self. In other words it does not play the game for you.
You can mark the tank/tankee and follow around. This just makes it easy for the eyes. Should we remove Enemy as well?
Just adds to quality of life of the gamer ,same as many many addons.
If you dont like addon usage then there are plenty of hardcore vanilla games with no addon function.
IT does play the game for you because it literally shows you the shortest way to your guarded target. Which means when you are punted you can reach him easier,when you or him died and resurrected you can see directly where is he instead of searching around.If the enemy marks are enough then why such addon exists?Also do you not think it holds hands way too much ? I mean its your only duty to follow your guarded target and you telling me it makes it easy for the eyes,nope its straight showing you which way leads to your guarded with this addon i dont have to look at my guarded target but just move around until THE HUGE BAR TURNS TO GREEN. This isnt quality of life ,straight too much handholding which needs to be pointed out.

Kaelang

Post#16 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:39 pm

cynicprophet wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:27 pm
Kaelang wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:23 pm
cynicprophet wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:22 pm

NO,tether draws a line between me and the player i am guarding and stretches as far as eye can see,changing color depending on the distance if im in range or not.Which means if my guarded target gets punted away by a black guard i dont need to look around but follow the line.As a tank you are supposed to be following your guarded target why do you really need this kinda hand holding ?IT promotes slack in tanks.You really dont need to pay attention what is going on. I do not need to look where my guarded target is going , i just need to follow vivid green line. It is more than helping in my opinion kinda plays the game for you.
I think at this time we can probably agree to disagree on it. And if you would rather be playing without Tether, you can remove it from your AddOn list and use your tank mechanics to better yourself as a player. If we start taking the approach of 'this is too helpful' then we'll end up with no addons left.
I think this has been talked several times here already,there is quality of life change addons and there are addons who plays the game and remove human error from the game.And tether if not as radical as Nerfed Buttons is in the same league,why do we promote such addons ?
Enemy simplifies an entire UI so you can heal easier and check who is buffed / HoT'd / taking damage.
Enemy also puts an arrow over a targets head.
SwiftAssist will let you assist someone with a button press.
MiracleGrow lets you bypass the crafting UI.

These all fall under the same level as Tether. They help you utilise the tools the game has in place. They don't play the game for you - nor do they remove human error. As I mentioned earlier, NB was removed as it was an extension of these addons and, as you said, removed human error and played the game for you.

I appreciate you are unhappy with the decision - as I've just checked and saw you was also the individual who opened the initial thread in regards to the NB removal - but please don't start trying to highlight every other AddOn in the arsenal as a means to trigger players to comparing them with those we choose to remove.

Edit: Just saw you opened the thread about trying to get us to completely nuke NB from private means too - not angry at it's removal, apologies there. The rest of the point remains.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.