Recent Topics

Ads

Hi!

Let's talk about... everything else
largozh500

Hi!

Post#1 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:20 am

Hello all, a bit of a noob here.. I have a few questions. Is this the same game that dropped back in 2013? I started not even a day before the shut down notice occurred. I had a blast on this game (assuming it's the same one). What are some of the most fun classes to play? Mostly interested in pvp. I love supporting/cc archetypes, like a rogue on wow or a healer.

Ads
Kaelang

Re: Hi!

Post#2 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:26 am

Hey & Welcome.

I've attached below from our About page so you can review it for confirmation. However yes - RoR is an emulation project that launched in 2014 following from the original Warhammer Online game. All of the staff here are volunteers and we essentially manage this project through passion for the game. We have had a number of original developers stop by and say hello and wish us well - the original team are fully aware that we exist.
Spoiler:
1 - WHAT IS RETURN OF RECKONING ?
Return of Reckoning is a Warhammer Online private server.
Since the announcement of the end of official servers on 18th of december 2013, some people decided to make their best to let this fabulous game alive. To do that, they took back an old emulator project named All Private Server, and continued the work on it.

At this time, Dyox was the main developper, and decided to make his own private server, and made is source code closed.
But after a few month, he realised that he doesn't have enough time and motivation to continue, closed his server and released his sources.

And here comes War-Emu !
While Dyox was working on his own, a little team kept working on the open source emu.
Then, the War-Emu team added Dyox's work on the emulator they were working on.

That's what Return of Reckoning is : a War-Emu private server.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.