Re: Broken sorc damage

Post#51 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:07 pm

Sorc better single target damage
BW better aoe damage

Ads
Sulorie

Post#52 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:15 pm

So people make new accounts to open threads in fear they would get banned for making the same thread with their main acc? Crazy times...

OP should stack some wounds in the conq set to get at least over 7k health.
If tank is out of range and detaunt within 5 sec is not possible, then there is some apparent misplay. Further more, make sure to identify threats beforehand and be aware, where they are.
Dying is no option.

Bozzax

Post#53 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:57 pm

FAKE news thread

If you do the math SORC has a slightly higher damage burst approx 10% bc of 2 more spirit in main rotatioon
(shrinks to 5% if there is a kniggit in range)

BW has higher sustain, better CC and util
BW also has a tad more additional instas and quick casts that can be used as finshers

Ps. I could even argue an insta snare and an own hdebuff gives BW higher killing power ;)
Ps2. Tapping The Dark is good enough to be mentioned as a key SORC take away
Ps3. Obsessive Focus does not deserve a mention

My advice is spec FS4 lika all others and lol

A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Chipzee

Post#54 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:11 pm

Clearly guy hasn't been blown up by BW. Yesterday our unguarded DoK went 8k > 0 in Seconds. I blew up slightly slower while running away and less hp 7.1k. I see no problem.

We were just roaming for fun with guild mates and no 2/2/2 comp so I wasn't really surprised, but even so the BW did to us what sorc did to you. Seems fair to me.:)

Ladypsyco

Post#55 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:09 pm

I will tell you a secret..on this server there’re like 4 or 5 sorc who actually know what they are doing using single target three. Any other sorc are just bad geared (like me) or playing face keayboard aoe for the zerg.
Beside that, SW is my first target in pug wb because they almost oneshot us sorc.

CountTalabecland

Post#56 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:03 pm

Unless there is a lot of other stuff thrown on too of it, sorc burst is easy to see coming and mostly a threat to solo dps with no heal/guard. Anyone with a cleanse and an absorb bubble can negate.

Don’t let that word of pain hit ya for full effect and you walk away alive.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

gurtuk
Former Staff

Post#57 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:27 am

i've had a BW do 7-8k damage to me in a single second timestamp, i'm a choppa yeah but whatever sorc can do i'm sure bw can do just as well
gorbane - choppa

paperclipdog

Post#58 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:42 am

Sorc burst is incredibly easy to spot and counter if you're in a group. After Word of Pain has been applied you have 5 seconds to react to their timestamp.

First a healer can try to cleanse it. If that works the timestamp attampt is thwarted. If that doesnt work you use your remaining globals to HOT and then shield the target right before Word of Pain expires. Shield will prevent it from critting making the timestamp very heal-able.

Furthermore if the target is a DPS/Healer they can simply detaunt the Sorc because you can see the burst coming.

On the subject of Resistances: You 100% want to have a resistance buff/aura on you to negate some of the resistance reduction that Sorc does with the Shadow of Disaster talent.
Going from buffed 700 (40%) Spirit Resistance to 370 (22%) Spirit resistance VS maybe 470 (29%) to 130 (7%) makes quite the difference.

Ads
Naelar

Post#59 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:25 am

Caduceus wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:49 pm Seems about right for a low-geared, unsupported, unaware glass cannon SW vs. well-geared Sorc.
The sorc doesn't even have to be that well-geared. My sorc would have had no problem blowing his ass up with vanq + the t4 inf staff.

FinduilAsuryan

Post#60 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:33 am

Any Sorc could whine about me using that logic. I jump her and usually kill her in 3 seconds, maybe 4. I must be OP. Or I dont jump her and explode. She must be OP. Nerf both.... :P
Finduil WL 40 /81
Hakatri SM 40/80
Alqua AM 40/69
Xinduil SW 40/54