Broken sorc damage

Let's talk about... everything else
Dabbart

Re: Broken sorc damage

Post#41 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:43 pm

A, you only have 6500 hp. That is super low, ofc you will get blown up.

B, Detaunt. If it takes the Sorc 3-4 GcDs to blow you up, that is plenty of time to detaunt.

C, ask your healer to cleanse on CD and maintain a HoT.

D, use HP and absorp pots.

E, fresh account while arguing that you aren't bad player... How long you been playing War?

That about sum up this thread?
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
Caduceus

Post#42 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:49 pm

Seems about right for a low-geared, unsupported, unaware glass cannon SW vs. well-geared Sorc.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

sogeou

Post#43 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:56 pm

Atropik wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:31 pm
Onigokko0101 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:24 pm Id be fine with nerfing Sorc to BW ST levels, and then buffing it to BW AoE levels.
20% more damage for sorc on 2 st abilities with 10s cd, and only if 9s spirit debuff is applied and not got cleansed/disrupted, i wouldnt recognize this difference as a "levels"

Wait a second, WH is corporeal, so there is only nova left, 1 st ability, my bad. So this thread is all about ID is spirit and Supernova is not corporeal, and this supposed to be a "levels"
Gloomburst, swell of gloom, ID, chill wind. That is a **** ton of extra damage debuffed damage. I don't think SoD is worth the GCD, but there is that as well.

MedV

Post#44 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:10 pm

Sorc ST is amazing at killing bad low level players. Other than that it’s an ok dps who is super squishy kills themselves with abilities and has no way to escape if attacked.

You start with saying you had a guard but weren’t in guard range. You realize that’s the same as not having guard right ?

Sorc and BW are probably the 2 worst DPS classes in the game right now for organized play, let’s not make them worse.
The King.

Atropik

Post#45 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:13 pm

sogeou wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:56 pm Gloomburst, swell of gloom, ID, chill wind. That is a **** ton of extra damage debuffed damage. I don't think SoD is worth the GCD, but there is that as well.
BW can rotate Sear with FBB - it has exactly 20% higher base dmg with the first instant tick. Swell of gloom can be replaced with Crown of Fire/Frozen fury for having all the same extra 400 dmg in a single time stamp for both classes and without a drawback. Chillwind/ignite is whatever but not an extra ton of damage, plus BW has some extra 300 dmg from Funel Power.

Spiritual ID is the only real difference.
Nicelook | Obey

Aluviya

Post#46 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:14 pm

Dabbart wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:43 pm A, you only have 6500 hp. That is super low, ofc you will get blown up.

B, Detaunt. If it takes the Sorc 3-4 GcDs to blow you up, that is plenty of time to detaunt.

C, ask your healer to cleanse on CD and maintain a HoT.

D, use HP and absorp pots.

E, fresh account while arguing that you aren't bad player... How long you been playing War?

That about sum up this thread?
this sums it up. Sorc and BW are very easily countered if not by breaking the los by detaunting, cleansing (SW has even a self cleanse for all dots) . Unlike many other dps classes you can even acoustically hear that you are beeing rotated at, in modes like ranked no other class is more easy denied a kill than bw/sorc you only need a dok/WP zealot/RP to cleanse and the game is practically over- if you expect to survive a Sorc without any healing or guard you just havent understood that this is a teamgame - and btw. any other class like WE, Squig would blow you up too with your low HP. Anyone complaining about Sorc or bw at this point has just not yet understood how this game works - end of the discussion.

sogeou

Post#47 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:24 pm

Atropik wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:13 pm
sogeou wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:56 pm Gloomburst, swell of gloom, ID, chill wind. That is a **** ton of extra damage debuffed damage. I don't think SoD is worth the GCD, but there is that as well.
BW can rotate Sear with FBB - it has exactly 20% higher base dmg with the first instant tick. Swell of gloom can be replaced with Crown of Fire/Frozen fury for having all the same extra 400 dmg in a single time stamp for both classes and without a drawback. Chillwind/ignite is whatever but not an extra ton of damage, plus BW has some extra 300 dmg from Funel Power.

Spiritual ID is the only real difference.
Gloomburst, SoG = almost 3k. 2k GB and 600-700 SoG. ID 2k almost. Throw in the 10% extra target damage I have done some nutty numbers. BW is just not as strong single target. I mean, think doing a few small tweaks would be ok, I am all for resist going up more 40% is too low. Bring back the days in live where people had 1200 resist and you needed to debuff just to do 50% damage lol.

Atomikthrash

Post#48 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:52 pm

yeah nerf sorc buff bw plz! really. thx

Ads
Atropik

Post#49 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:10 pm

sogeou wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:24 pm Gloomburst, SoG = almost 3k. 2k GB and 600-700 SoG. ID 2k almost. Throw in the 10% extra target damage I have done some nutty numbers. BW is just not as strong single target.
FBB is always as strong as GB+ressdebuff, GB+SoG is always around 2k, 3k is a rarest exception under some circumstances ive personaly seen 3 times in 12 years, even here in the very first post of this thread - it is 2k - hitting paperdoll character with almost 0 mitigation. A well geared character would have around 200 resist left after CW, so the damage from Sog will be cut from 630 to approximately 420-430, which is exactly what you will gain from 3 procs of slotted FF/CoF, so SoG is highly overrated. Plus if you have WL/WH jumped on you, - trading a 750 hp for 400-600 dmg does not look like a wonderful idea.

Nutty numbers with 10% OF can be done but, OF is not applied for SoG like any othe dmg multiplier, even if it would - whats the worth of 60 dmg? And there is a drawback ruining your dps for the next 10 seconds.

BW is almost exactly as strong in ST (by the exception of ID and bugged Slow Boil) plus has a ton of utility from cauterize, m3, flashfire, plus does not have to confront WL, ppl just believe obvious ways are the best and unaware of the potential of classes they play.
Nicelook | Obey

Atropik

Post#50 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:44 pm

pikon77 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:37 pm That is not true. The BW single target damage is around 30% lower compared to the sorc. Prove me wrong and post a screenshot of a BW doing his best rotation. Im pretty sure you can't match the numbers I have posted in the initial screenshot.
Im proving you wrong with the last 3 posts ive made in these thread. Mentioning and comparing almost every difference they have, if you cant see it, well, theres not much i can do.
Nicelook | Obey