Broken sorc damage

Let's talk about... everything else
penagos22

Re: Broken sorc damage

Post#91 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:17 pm

Caduceus wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:03 pm
penagos22 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:34 pm
Caduceus wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:28 pm

Go ahead and claim it wasn't WC buff. I'll happily show you max DB crits on a BiS Sorc to prove you wrong.
I'm not fighting, I just show you what happened. and if you are not reaching those numbers you are doing something wrong. less forum more git gud

/thread
I repeat, talk to somord (tier s sorc) and ask him how he does it, for me your sorc is tier b.

Ads
penagos22

Post#92 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:28 pm

Why do I say it? If somord hits a dummy, it does not respawn

Caduceus

Post#93 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:39 pm

penagos22 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:17 pm

I repeat, talk to somord (tier s sorc) and ask him how he does it, for me your sorc is tier b.

Have a good look at the numbers you shared and the numbers I shared and you will understand why your comment makes no sense. :D
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Sulorie

Post#94 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:19 pm

TreefAM wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:53 pm How can you hit 5.8k when the dmg caps at 4k
Warcamp buffed hits can exceed the cap. In double DMG sc it should be still capped.
Dying is no option.

Bobbiom

Post#95 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:01 am

pikon77 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:35 am https://ibb.co/Vp6LSJw

Are the resi buffs not working? It doesn't matter at all if you have a resi buff or not, they just burst you in seconds.

It's the gloombust and impending doom being spirit damage and the swell of gloom that makes the sorc far better than the BW in single target damage. Far too good. Sure it was a lucky crit series but the good sorcs crit you a hell of a lot, even with futile strikes 3.

To me that looks very broken that the resi buff is basically useless and that they can debuff their whole rotation with one quick dot. Again, the BW cant do that. Nova and Sear are not the debuffed damage type and the dont have Swell of Gloom.
You and your healer should get Enemy and buffhead addons to track Word of Pain, it takes 5 seconds for WoP (with tactic) to explode and it is in this window that they cast their rotation. Plenty of time to react.
The ress debuff comes from chillwind with a tactic, now imagine if chillwind/WoP get cleansed.
6550 health is too low.
By the looks of it you were attacking a tank since your attack got blocked at the end there, classic.
You need to have more awareness on the field.
If the sorc is in range of you then your detaunt is aswell, use it and/or make a tactical retreat to your tank or kite out of range when needed.

Sorcs are slightly better than BW in singeltarget, not far better.
BW sports tactic like flashfire which is an instant fireball otherwise 3s cast.
BW got Funnel Power which is extra proc damage, ontop of the weapon enchantment proc which can be buffed with the tactic fueled from within.
BW have the tactic burn through, m2 focus mind and undefendable fireball spam!

But no! A sorc killed a 6550 health SW out of guard range and a healer with no addons, that clearly needs a nerf. kappaW

Detangler

Post#96 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:49 am

Hey guys, can I pile on this guy with some witty sarcastic and demeaning comment as well for his lack of understanding in the game? I'd sure love to also join in and take him down a peg or two! Take that for being wrong, random internet guy!
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Elvicof

Post#97 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:40 am

TreefAM wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:53 pm How can you hit 5.8k when the dmg caps at 4k
This DB is capped at 4k and it was capped because of champ festering arrow was 1 shotting ppl
Moonlapse and VII

sogeou

Post#98 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:05 pm

I will say, there could be a possible resist issue. I got hit with a 3100 WoP last night without the sorc using extra 10% damage buff. I looked at the combat log and I had 0 resist. I have 700+ resist or 42%. I was not hit with any other debuff besides Chill wind. No lowbie debuffs were on me as far as I know. I did have two sorcs attacking me tho. Not sure if debuffs are stacking.

Ads
kok

Post#99 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:52 pm

sogeou wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:05 pm I will say, there could be a possible resist issue. I got hit with a 3100 WoP last night without the sorc using extra 10% damage buff. I looked at the combat log and I had 0 resist. I have 700+ resist or 42%. I was not hit with any other debuff besides Chill wind. No lowbie debuffs were on me as far as I know. I did have two sorcs attacking me tho. Not sure if debuffs are stacking.
I believe Magus and sorc debuff stack. The same is applied to BW and Eng. Let be honest here , no sorc will take the tactic otherwise (unless he is a solo/small gp freak)
Have FUN :D
Northside-KOTBS ,Southside-SW Westsides-WP Eastside-WH,Rightside-WL
Good Soldier win fight, Good Calvary win field, Good Cannon win Battle, Good logistic win Wars
--Book of Five Rings

Hazak

Post#100 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:11 pm

If you stare at a sorc just the right way, it'll explode.

I thought the idea of BW / Sorc was max dmg at the expanse of survivibility?
A sheet of paper is already stronger, why take their dmg away? It's *literally* the only thing they have going for them. 0 maneuverability, 0 survivibility, 100% dmg.
LeChef - RR83+ SM
Heat - RR80+ BW