Recent Topics

Ads

Broken sorc damage

Let's talk about... everything else
pikon77

Re: Broken sorc damage

Post#11 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:07 pm

Asherdoom wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:01 pm .. resistances are meaningless against sorceress because with her DOT she lower your resistances so much to the point you actually are "naked".
That's a major flaw in the current game. Why are there even resi buffs then? Resi buffs should counter resi debuffs.

Ads
Asherdoom

Post#12 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:13 pm

pikon77 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:07 pm
Asherdoom wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:01 pm .. resistances are meaningless against sorceress because with her DOT she lower your resistances so much to the point you actually are "naked".
That's a major flaw in the current game. Why are there even resi buffs then? Resi buffs should counter resi debuffs.
same thing could be said for armor. why give armor if 90% of dps calsses bypass or reduce it?

pikon77

Post#13 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:54 pm

Asherdoom wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:13 pm
same thing could be said for armor. why give armor if 90% of dps calsses bypass or reduce it?
That's not the same. Most physical dps can only debuff 25% or 50% of the armor. So they dont strip you naked and they dont have that burst of a sorc and they dont do it from 100ft range. WEs are however coming close to that. Giving a WE 100% ignore from behind, high dps and two heal debuffs and procs on top is pretty nuts.

space44

Post#14 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:57 pm

Really not much to work with, for all we know it could be a warcamp buff. I too could easily get a friend to log on to any order character and tell them to wait for me at their warcamp then damage me a bit, take a screenshot, get rid of all context, and only show the damage numbers. :)
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

agemennon675

Post#15 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:00 pm

Thats like what Sorc does best lets not take that away.
Last edited by agemennon675 on Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Gatto

Post#16 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:06 pm

pikon77 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:54 pm
Asherdoom wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:13 pm
That's not the same. Most physical dps can only debuff 25% or 50% of the armor. So they dont strip you naked and they dont have that burst of a sorc and they dont do it from 100ft range. WEs are however coming close to that. Giving a WE 100% ignore from behind, high dps and two heal debuffs and procs on top is pretty nuts.
wrong, WL/Mara armor debuff is 1400ish u can add tank m1 and u are well over 100% of most squishies armor then you have WE/WH ignore armor.
back to the screenshot you posted, you cant stand still eating a rotation if your healer dont react to it. you only need 1 cleanse 1 absorb to counter it, since absorbed damage cant crit.
so yes sorc/bw is generally good vs unware bad players
sdk.flm.

"nerf Rock, Paper is fine." -Scissors

Phantasm

Post#17 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:07 pm

pikon77 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:35 am https://ibb.co/Vp6LSJw

Are the resi buffs not working? It doesn't matter at all if you have a resi buff or not, they just burst you in seconds.

It's the gloombust and impending doom being spirit damage and the swell of gloom that makes the sorc far better than the BW in single target damage. Far too good. Sure it was a lucky crit series but the good sorcs crit you a hell of a lot, even with futile strikes 3.

To me that looks very broken that the resi buff is basically useless and that they can debuff their whole rotation with one quick dot. Again, the BW cant do that. Nova and Sear are not the debuffed damage type and the dont have Swell of Gloom.
Nothing gonna totally save you if you play tunnelvisioned and careless. You are a range class with skirmish stance and your BHA is 65ft? Sorc is 100ft. So when in enemy range, watch threats, Sorcs, SHs and Magis are your worst nightmares if you let them pick you, do a full rotation and you wont react.

Edit. Watch for bolster, yesterday it didnt work for sub 40s, I guess its still not fixed, I dont see bolster buff on you.

pikon77

Post#18 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:16 pm

Phantasm wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:07 pm Edit. Watch for bolster, yesterday it didnt work for sub 40s, I guess its still not fixed, I dont see bolster buff on you.
That was not on a bolstered player. That's the damage sorc do. No bolster, no warcamp buff, just raw sorc damage on a level 40 high rr SW.

Ads
Kaelang

Post#19 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:26 pm

This isn't anything new - Sorcs and BW's have the ability to timestamp. That's the class in a nutshell. They need a guard and they need a healer if they want to reliably do it. So needing 3 classes to perform a timestamp on one player imho isn't an issue. If you see a sorc target you, detaunt it.

Better yet, give it some aggression. You'll be amazed at how fast a Sorc / BW stop blowing people up if it's being hit by something.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Baaldr

Post#20 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:28 pm

Sorcs are pretty nuts.