Broken sorc damage

Let's talk about... everything else
Sulorie

Re: Broken sorc damage

Post#81 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:39 pm

penagos22 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:22 pm
Caduceus wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:44 pm
Gatto wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:06 pm

thats look like WC buff damage or on a low lvl with gear too low for hes lvl.

Definitely WC buff.

It was in the tomb on the top side of the cemetery sc and also the same sorceres did the same to me in the middle of the battle of prague, and i have the warlord gear 40/83 but git gut.
Cemetery sc has a double DMG buff for the team, what caps both objectives and holds them for some seconds.
BfP has none of it. Screenshot or record it, if you think something is not right. Gives a better foundation than hearsay.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Atropik

Post#82 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:41 pm

penagos22 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:37 pm the sorc's name is somord instead of denying a fact whisper to him and ask him about his tricks
cemetery cs has 100% dmg buff when both BO capped/
Nicelook | Obey

penagos22

Post#83 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:52 pm

I did not know about the damage buff in cementery sc but in battle for prag, the guy would shoot someone and hit him so hard that he turned off the computer. I knew of one who even removed the game from his computer. In BTP I was healing and there was no way, that sorc is a demon, I am not asking for nerfs or anything I just share my experience

Sulorie

Post#84 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:01 pm

penagos22 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:52 pm I did not know about the damage buff in cementery sc but in battle for prag, the guy would shoot someone and hit him so hard that he turned off the computer. I knew of one who even removed the game from his computer. In BTP I was healing and there was no way, that sorc is a demon, I am not asking for nerfs or anything I just share my experience
To understand what happens record it and watch replay.
Dying is no option.

Caduceus

Post#85 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:03 pm

penagos22 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:34 pm
Caduceus wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:28 pm
penagos22 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:22 pm

It was in the tomb on the top side of the cemetery scene and also the same sorceres did the same to me in the middle of the battle of prague, and i have the warlord gear but git gut.

Go ahead and claim it wasn't WC buff. I'll happily show you max DB crits on a BiS Sorc to prove you wrong.
I'm not fighting, I just show you what happened. and if you are not reaching those numbers you are doing something wrong. less forum more git gud

/thread
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Parallell86

Post#86 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:06 pm

pikon77 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:06 am
b00n wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:57 am easy fix: cleanse, get a guard and use absorb pots
no, you can only use one cleanse in that time frame and the sorc didn't even had to use hand of ruin which is another instant burst. Absorb pot? lol... there comes the second rotation...
Well nuking is kind of what BWs and Sorcs do. And dont say BWs can't. I done it plenty when I used to play one. All it takes is a timed rotation and a dumb player out of guard range with sleeping healers. (or solo roamer) :lol:
Take that away from them and they got nothing left to offer in the game.
You said it yourself, you had guard but was out of range. You were out of guard range and got punished for it, maybe start with that little problem.

mryay

Post#87 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:12 pm

Yes, this is perfectly normal
2The most obvious option is to get a Rune Priest or Warrior Priest (Archmage sux at cleaning curses, but they have a group buff magic resists instead).
As a Solo SW, you only have Lileath Forgiveness or Concealment. So if you don't have any morale up, the only option you have to detaunt just before the bust happens. Get regen pots/RvR pots. And if you don't manage to survive the first burst, you deserve to die.

Why you deserve to die? Sorcerer and Bright Wizard are the most fragile classes of the game, they literally damage themselves and when they don't use their mechanic, they do pitiful damages. Hence they are meant to do high damage at the trade of losing health.

As a SW player, if you play Scout or Skirmish, you have equal chances to win and die to an equally equipped Sorcerer. 50% to die because your whirlin pin or Shadow Step won't save you here because SW is probably the only DPS without an emergency healing/absorb mechanic. So you have to use offensive CC like Throat Shot (4s and good damage) or Eye shot (3s, meh damage). As an Assault SW (Hattori Hanzo build), I would say you have 75% of winning against a sorcerer.

Still, both Sorcerer and BW are not meant to be played solo. So you have to think balance in terms of combination instead "just" 1 to 1. And even in duo and more, you always have fair chances to win the fight.

Finally, the ultimate counter to Sorcerer and BW is the reduction of chance to receive critical damage. I tried a build on my SW once with full trivial blow, at the cost of reduction of damage output and Sorcerer were no more a deadly problem. Done the same on my Archmage, I was swimming through their damage flying even if it is the worst healer against them. Less heal power but a dead healer does neither heal nor insta-rez.

So don't change a thing to single target specs for both Sorc and BW, the bursty aspect fits well to the Open RVR/6v6 grand design.

/salute
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RoR: SW 82, AM Heal RR51
AoR: SW R87, BW/R60+, SM/40+, AM/R50+, WL/R60+, Slayer R40+, DoK/SH/Sorcerer R40+ (+others)

Gatto

Post#88 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:28 pm

Caduceus wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:03 pm
Caduceus wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:28 pm

Go ahead and claim it wasn't WC buff. I'll happily show you max DB crits on a BiS Sorc to prove you wrong.
I'm not fighting, I just show you what happened. and if you are not reaching those numbers you are doing something wrong. less forum more git gud

/thread
target dummy dont have any stats, no resist, no toughness
sdk.flm.

"nerf Rock, Paper is fine." -Scissors

Ads
Caduceus

Post#89 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:34 pm

Gatto wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:28 pm
Caduceus wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:03 pm

/thread
target dummy dont have any stats, no resist, no toughness

Exactly.

So 4k DB hits do not happen under normal circumstances, and 5.8k DB hits CERTAINLY don't happen under normal circumstances, which is what our friend penagos22 was trying to claim.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

TreefAM

Post#90 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:53 pm

How can you hit 5.8k when the dmg caps at 4k