Recent Topics

Ads

Broken sorc damage

Let's talk about... everything else
Arthem

Re: Broken sorc damage

Post#31 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:19 pm

I think you've uncovered something here. Its taken us something like 12 years to figure it out. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Ads
Arthem

Post#32 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:20 pm

Gatto wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:46 pm
pikon77 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:43 pm
Kaelang wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:26 pm This isn't anything new - Sorcs and BW's have the ability to timestamp. That's the class in a nutshell. They need a guard and they need a healer if they want to reliably do it. So needing 3 classes to perform a timestamp on one player imho isn't an issue. If you see a sorc target you, detaunt it.

Better yet, give it some aggression. You'll be amazed at how fast a Sorc / BW stop blowing people up if it's being hit by something.
Sorc != BW. I tried to explain that several times in here. Having around 30% more ST damage as sorc is huge. You just can't put Sorcs and BWs on par. They are not. Not when it comes to single target damage. That makes the sorc the highest dps class in the game. More dps means in this case that it is more likely to get the kill and more likely that a healer or the player is not fast enough to counter. Beside that a sorc is almost never alone.

Good sorcs will continue to blow things up, even if hit. With the exception of the 1s gloombust pretty much everything is instant and can be used on the move.

And why is it ok for a sorc to have 3500dps when a squishy SW only have 1000 max?
does the SW blow up for half hes hp with a single rotation?
No but they should. SW is the most boring vanilla design ever made in an MMO and it was even further simplified here in RoR.

sogeou

Post#33 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:22 pm

Kaelang wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:45 pm
pikon77 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:43 pm Having around 30% more ST damage as sorc is huge.And why is it ok for a sorc to have 3500dps when a squishy SW only have 1000 max?
I just want to ask if you have any testing evidence and data to support these figures? Or did you just pull them out of nowhere.

Genuine question - I'm curious.
If you just read up a person puts the break down of the sorc/ vs BW problem with regards to burst. I guess you could have read that instead of thinking stuff was pulled out of nowhere.

All you really need to do is change some of the sorc damage from spirit and make it corp. Also fix the BW spell slow boil, there are bug report that were open for it as it only does 60% the damage of VoT. To many sorc moves are spirit, moving them would help a lot. Also push soft caps for resist up to 60%.

pikon77

Post#34 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:38 pm

sogeou wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:22 pm All you really need to do is change some of the sorc damage from spirit and make it corp. Also fix the BW spell slow boil, there are bug report that were open for it as it only does 60% the damage of VoT.
Agree. Gloomburst and Impending doom should not do the debuffed damage type. Like it is for the BWs sear and nova.

Alubert

Post#35 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:44 pm

Sorc = better ST dmg vs BW, BW = more utility and its fine.
If your most dangeroues enemy is sorc buy full TB + guard , heal and should be fine.
Hurub Chopa 80+ / Wybrany Chosen 80+ / Mroczniak BG 60+ / Alubercik BO 50+ / Doczek DoK 80+ / Hurubek Zeal 80+ /
Misio Shaman 80+ / Maxra Mara 60+ / Alubertus RP 70+ / Alubert KTB 80+ / Mnich WP 60+ / Kregi SL 60+ / Uposledzonyjez IB 40+

jalidan

Post#36 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:59 pm

Anyone in this thread trying to defend sorc dmg that it is ok in its current state is in denile.

Atropik

Post#37 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:04 pm

sogeou wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:22 pm If you just read up a person puts the break down of the sorc/ vs BW problem with regards to burst. I guess you could have read that instead of thinking stuff was pulled out of nowhere.

All you really need to do is change some of the sorc damage from spirit and make it corp. Also fix the BW spell slow boil, there are bug report that were open for it as it only does 60% the damage of VoT. To many sorc moves are spirit, moving them would help a lot. Also push soft caps for resist up to 60%.
Considering that both classes are not in their best shape now, and overshined by any other DPS in every aspect of the game (except PvE), id rather ask devs to rework Nova+sear and Ignite into corporeal, providing sorc with some utility (cauterize, funnel power) and spec options - relocating SK in Agony tree as 11pt ability.

Would be fair enough, on top of that - all the guys crying about SORC HAS 30-50% MORE ST BURST HOW DO I LIVE KNOWING THIS, will have an opportunity showing out their best rotations.

As a side note, id like to focus devs attention on Ignite, the key ability having elemental but debuffing corporeal damage type has no sence and should be fixed.
Nicelook | Obey

Onigokko0101

Post#38 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:24 pm

Id be fine with nerfing Sorc to BW ST levels, and then buffing it to BW AoE levels.

Right now their ST is almost all they have.
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

Ads
Atropik

Post#39 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:31 pm

Onigokko0101 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:24 pm Id be fine with nerfing Sorc to BW ST levels, and then buffing it to BW AoE levels.
20% more damage for sorc on 2 st abilities with 10s cd, and only if 9s spirit debuff is applied and not got cleansed/disrupted, i wouldnt recognize this difference as a "levels"

Wait a second, WH is corporeal, so there is only nova left, 1 st ability, my bad. So this thread is all about ID is spirit and Supernova is not corporeal, and this supposed to be a "levels"
Nicelook | Obey

gebajger

Post#40 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:36 pm

pikon77 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:16 pm
Phantasm wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:07 pm Edit. Watch for bolster, yesterday it didnt work for sub 40s, I guess its still not fixed, I dont see bolster buff on you.
That was not on a bolstered player. That's the damage sorc do. No bolster, no warcamp buff, just raw sorc damage on a level 40 high rr SW.
Lvl 40 high rr SW with 6550 health?
Rioz