Pandering and buffs to order ?

Let's talk about... everything else
Diggot
Suspended

Pandering and buffs to order ?

Post#1 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:55 pm

Just watched this vid from Magnog .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejeIdSCt0ig

And one of the comments was about the devs buffing order which caused the player to quit,
so i'm wondering... what buffs ?. I've been away for a while and considering coming back.
However... if the devs are buffing and pandering to order, a faction that already has the strongest classes,
that i don't feel too keen on returning.

Devs should not favor any faction or class, they should strive for balance at all times.

Ads
Kaelang

Re: Pandering and buffs to order ?

Post#2 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:05 pm

Diggot wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:55 pm Just watched this vid from Magnog .

However... if the devs are buffing and pandering to order, a faction that already has the strongest classes, that i don't feel too keen on returning.

Devs should not favor any faction or class, they should strive for balance at all times.
The age old Order Biased meme.

Quite frankly, the development team don’t care if you’re a sparkly elf or if you’re a dark elf. They want to produce a balanced environment regardless. Not sure why we have to repeat ourselves when this question comes up - but my guess is a few disgruntled players talking in private about how we hate a certain side.

To answer your question - the project isn’t biased to one side. If that was the case we wouldn’t have lasted this long and have the population we do.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Stophy22

Post#3 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:06 pm

And one of the comments was about the devs buffing order which caused the player to quit,
so i'm wondering... what buffs ?. I've been away for a while and considering coming back.
However... if the devs are buffing and pandering to order, a faction that already has the strongest classes,

try not to listen to random comments on youtube :)
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

normanis

Post#4 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:15 pm

jas can say what destro said when they win 80% city overall. git gud
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#5 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:16 pm

Balance is an easy scapegoat when the meta shifts out of favor for your realm. This post on the balance proposal subforum contains the same guidelines for balance that we use internally. The drama you're looking for is related to Realm Champions (which also weren't chosen based primarily on realm affiliation) and the direct failing, of one people identified as a Destro representative, to provide any detailed or constructive feedback for a couple months. He was removed for that reason, and people made it into a realm bias thing as that better suited their own biased agenda.

The patch the Realm Champions provided feedback on was not decided by them for implementation, but rather by the internal dev team who bears full responsibility for what balance changes are implemented. No one on the team has any reason to release changes that break the game one way or the other, that would be terribly counterproductive. However, we also accept that any balance change is going to be rejected by some proportion of the general playerbase and whether they post constructively, or in a passive aggressive drama inducing way, will have different outcomes.

It's a lot easier to blame balance and devs for both individually and realm shortcomings, pivoting to external factors rather than addressing the factors you can improve on by yourself. However, it's also disrespectful to the devs who work on the game honestly and don't deserve those kinds of bias accusations. Kaelang is accurate, the dev team can't have bias to either realm, it would be extremely damaging to the game in the long run.

If the current meta doesn't suit your tastes, wait a couple of months until the next wave of changes shows up. We probably spend an unnecessary amount of time and caution and deliberation when making balance changes. We know when some of them will be more unpopular than others, but meta doesn't shift without a good hard push once in a while. Balance changing over time is necessary for a healthy game state, don't expect things to stay the same forever. We're not aiming for a specific end goal where we can stop and say balance is finally perfect, it's always going to be cyclical.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog