Recent Topics

Ads

[Solo ranked] voice

Let's talk about... everything else
Magusar

Re: [Solo ranked] voice

Post#21 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:31 pm

wonshot wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:35 pm Realisticly, how would the devs "ban" or not allow players to use comms during a ranked match? im just curious.
Surely they could not promote it, but then the players who were going on their guild discords or stacking from friendslists have the advantage by being on comms over those who were not.

Discord solo queue is not for everyone, but atleast there is a platform for players to go talk to their randomly matches teammates now. And its not just the guild-stacks who can communicate while ranking
This.
Ppl were stacking in guilds discords like it were prev seasons/preseasons and it was their personal advantage before who are not stacking in disc. Now its available to everyone, which much better, because i think its will be a problem for devs stop it. I can't say that this is the perfect solution to the problem, but its better then nothing.
Drukar Netherlord
SL 87
WH 87
Marauder 84
Sorc 83
Eng 82
WL 82
Chop 81

Ads
CountTalabecland

Post#22 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:28 pm

This is ironic. This post gets made at the same time people on Order are flaming me in ranked for not being on discord.

This community is unbelievable.

I am fine either way. If some ppl want to use the disco, great, is some ppl dont want to, also great. Just stop making ranked so damn toxic. And this is coming from a Slayer who does AoE damage and coordinating (i.e. play follow the WL around the map) is not at all difficult.

Ranked's main problem is that anyone who is not a 10 year vet of this game in Invader + gets so heavily flamed and attacked any time the team doesn't win that they never queue again.

Do you want more matches? Actually help ppl get into ranked rather than just attack them because you are mad you didn't win a random solo queue.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Omegus

Post#23 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:10 pm

Keula wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:52 pm How is having voice in solo ranked cheating? Other competitive games have voice comms in ranked matchmaking, the only difference being that it's usually built in to the client, instead of using a 3rd party tool.
This. "Solo" does not mean no-coordination headless chicken mode. Join the comms at https://discord.com/invite/NPWzhJuBZj
CountTalabecland wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:28 pmRanked's main problem is that anyone who is not a 10 year vet of this game in Invader + gets so heavily flamed and attacked any time the team doesn't win that they never queue again.
I'm pretty sure ranked's main problem is that it's team deathmatch in a game designed around objective-based (as opposed to kill-based) PVP. The sooner team deathmatch is killed and ranked uses proper scenario modes the better.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#24 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:29 pm

There are pro and cons but whats the conclusion, ban people from SoloRanked that not willing to join discord ?

oaliaen

Post#25 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:39 am

Ban ppl who stack in discord and blame others for not join would be better

Yshra

Post#26 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:16 am

Not everyone speak English. Not everyone understand it without concentrate on what is said, or just dont understand. So why joining discord? Its a game for everyone.
So a public discord for rank is already a huge advantage for english speaker.

Cqengi
Suspended

Post#27 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:23 am

The discord server is there even for people who are unfamiliar with ranked or 6v6, you can learn a few things about different classes, specs, weaknesses, advantages, win conditions etc.

Imo people don't act like children on the discord it's just some players that couldn't handle a loss and went to general chat to publicly whinge instead of searching for an answer.

Ive lost a few games here and there nobody bats an eye or cares, neither do I. Just don't be the cause of drama and generally there won't be none. If you're new and afraid to be the cause of a loss but want to learn and work your way up, network with people and form 6mans with comms outside of ranked with guildies in orvr/SCS.

Generally ranked is sweaty and tense, also imo the most balanced form of fight you can have vs the opposing faction as it eliminates all of the variables of organised warbands/unga bunga. It's not really there so you can just kick back and casually farm emblems win/lose like you would in normal SCS.

Cqengi
Suspended

Post#28 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:25 am

Yshra wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:16 am Not everyone speak English. Not everyone understand it without concentrate on what is said, or just dont understand. So why joining discord? Its a game for everyone.
So a public discord for rank is already a huge advantage for english speaker.
You only need to learn a few keywords to understand what is going on. Punt, guard swap, heals, morale drop. It's not much and not hard to learn.

Ads
sharpblader

Post#29 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:28 am

I never liked the idea, but it is not cheating.

Voice comm is there in other ranked solo games as well but when you're playing "casual-competitive" you can afford to opt out using them because they are not as team reliant compared to WAR.

Here, rarely will you see the game being carried by just one person in a proper 6v6. You need a lot of coordination to get even one kill and hence having comms gives one of the biggest advantage.

I think I understand why people are upset. Like me they expected a "casual-competitive" mode in solo ranked and "Hardcore-competitive" mode in grouped rank. Unfortunately, that is not the case. The underlying problem being low population.

Lastly I agree the biggest disadvantage is for those who do not speak the primary language being used on comms.
Last edited by sharpblader on Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

mynban

Post#30 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:17 am

Every other game:

Solo Ranked: Individual awareness
Team Ranked: Cog in hive mind

Here there is no mod that relies on individual awareness, and hive mind play is not appealing to everyone