nonfactor

Re: Controversial opinion - Xrealming

Post#21 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:13 am

xrealming is every noobs boogeyman and scapegoat

Ads
mynban

Post#22 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:42 am

And how are you gonna stop people from changing from one account to other??

I think it is really hurting the game, but it is not something you can fix. The best you can hope for is punishing who have destro/order toons on same account, and what good comes from that punishment??

Real issue that needs to be addressed is incentivising fighting for the losing side. That is the only way to fix things. Anything else will simply put up a short fence people either walk around or jump over, and you will be only hurting people with short legs.

paperclipdog

Post#23 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:49 am

nonfactor wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:13 am xrealming is every noobs boogeyman and scapegoat
Dude haven't you heard that all devs are cheating & hacking Order/Destro/xrealming players that teleport entire warbands out of the way and often use their magnificent power to crash the opposing side in fort?

I'm happy when they just cry about the elusive xrealmers at this point :x

Naelar

Post#24 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:07 am

[/quote]
Okay? How will this work for people who do not care about ORvR? If I play SCS should I also be locked?
What about the AAO hunters? The people who chase after the large purple ticks for their own satisfaction.
I don't think I've heard of a single guild that's relogged to the winning side for easy bags and ticks, rather the opposite.
Grasthard wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:25 pm CA2: "But I like to play my enemy's characters so i can learn their mechanics, to fight them better"

fair point. To solve this issue I would just generate a special server with no side limtation: each new character spawns at lvl 40, with 1000 gold and 10000 of each currency. no PvP and RvR enabled, so that people can only use this server for testing purposes. makes it much more useful than allowing Cross-realming, with all the issues deriving from it.
Who's going to pay and maintain this server?
Who's going to develop all the features needed for this server?
You?
[/quote]
Well, you say that, but the numbers tell a different story. I regularly see pop percentages at or above 55% for one side. If so many guilds are 'logging to the underdog', this would never happen.

A lot of ppl say they want a good fight. What they really do is talk a good fight, while surfing the zerg to an easy city.

Rapzel

Post#25 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:32 pm

Naelar wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:07 am
Well, you say that, but the numbers tell a different story. I regularly see pop percentages at or above 55% for one side. If so many guilds are 'logging to the underdog', this would never happen.

A lot of ppl say they want a good fight. What they really do is talk a good fight, while surfing the zerg to an easy city.
Where did I say there was tons of them? But to expand on the amount of AAO hunting wbs, we had VII, TUP, Rowan, Serrat a long with the phalanx/zerg WBs (these usually mixed to fill up empty slots) who constantly kept logging to the underdog faction to get fights, FoW and some other guilds have already been named dropped as "xrealmers" who try to balance population.

The whole point of this is that should we punish the people who actually want to balance the population in ORvR or maybe should we take off the rose tinted glasses and look at the issue from a more realistic perspective?

First of all, there's one RoR server this is one of the Devs arguments for why xrealming is allowed.
Second of all the server has surpassed most of our expectations when it comes to population. I've been here since 2016 or something when we had 300 people online in t2. Today it's usually 1000+ player online during prime time, back in the day xrealming was needed to balance population, this is a legacy problem from back then.
Devs have tried to fix it with renown/xp buffs to logging to the underdog side yet the zerg will keep zerging.

The only solution that may work imho is to allow the zerg faction to log to the underdog but not the other way around, with the current rules that apply for lockouts. Locking someone to one realm for days just because DAoC has it doesn't work, DAoC has still 10 servers running (Ywain 1-10 AFAIK, RoR has martyrs square).

Is this feasible? Sure in the future it may be but right now there's much more interesting and important things the Dev team should focus on in my opinion than some lockout timer because a few realm priders feel that their faction is losing because of people relogging to the other faction when they start losing.

According to Devs xrealming historically have not affected the outcome that much it's more people log out when they get bored in stalemates, this may have changed in the last few months or so since I have not entered a ORvR lake for any serious content in the last 9-10 months at least, my last ORvR experience was running with a friend in t2 on lowbies to just get our bag rolls against the destro zerg (Altdorf 5* still stands strong from that though)