Recent Topics

Ads

NerfedButtons is now only for the elite.

Let's talk about... everything else
sullemunk
Addon Developer

Re: NerfedButtons is now only for the elite.

Post#11 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:12 am

qwerty1234 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:01 am Yes I made a new account to post this and those that want to discredit this or silence it will latch onto that. In a small community as RoR is I think its pretty obvious why I would post this anon.
We know who you are :P
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

Ads
abezverkhiy

Post#12 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:49 am

Omegus wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:11 amPersonally I'm amused at the insane lengths people are going to in order to get NerfedButtons-like functionality back in the game. For the sake of ROR as a whole you really don't want to be encouraging people to run third-party tools that inject into the client...
While you are amused, others do it out of principle. Some just say "Challenge accepted" and do it. If you happened to play Diablo 1 in 1990s Blizzard made a very bold statement saying that Diablo was impossible to hack. Right, some said, "Challenge accepted". In the end everyone who played Diablo was wearing Godly Plate of the Whale, had tons of gold etc...

So someone has just accepted the challenge. Personally, I am sure I met at least one player using NB lately. I often read combat log and that WE used every ability right except for that last one. That last one would be absolutely justified in every other situation except one. That is why I believe it was scripted in NB.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Omegus

Post#13 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:51 am

abezverkhiy wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:49 am
Omegus wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:11 amPersonally I'm amused at the insane lengths people are going to in order to get NerfedButtons-like functionality back in the game. For the sake of ROR as a whole you really don't want to be encouraging people to run third-party tools that inject into the client...
While you are amused, others do it out of principle. Some just say "Challenge accepted" and do it. If you happened to play Diablo 1 in 1990s Blizzard made a very bold statement saying that Diablo was impossible to hack. Right, some said, "Challenge accepted". In the end everyone who played Diablo was wearing Godly Plate of the Whale, had tons of gold etc...

So someone has just accepted the challenge. Personally, I am sure I met at least one player using NB lately. I often read combat log and that WE used every ability right except for that last one. That last one would be absolutely justified in every other situation except one. That is why I believe it was scripted in NB.
Oh I know why people like the challenge, just surprised it ended up at client injection and QR codes :D
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Caduceus

Post#14 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:02 am

So can anyone confirm so far that any of these claims are true? For one, whether there's some hacked version of NerfButtons available, and second, whether addons like NerfButtons can provide an advantage beyond what is to be reasonably expected from a sequencer?

I know much too little about NerfButtons and technicalities like workarounds, but this does worry me.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

billyk

Post#15 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:03 am

Sulorie wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:24 am So every sorc and bw hitting you uses NB, got it!
Btw, welcome to the game, you must be new.
Uh, no?
Do you kids really not look at your combat logs? lmao

Skabdriver

Post#16 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:05 am

Oh, you wankers, you can't just press like 5-8 buttons manually,so you need a bloody sequencer?
Spoiler:

abezverkhiy

Post#17 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:09 am

Omegus wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:51 am
abezverkhiy wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:49 am

Oh I know why people like the challenge, just surprised it ended up at client injection and QR codes :D
Probably that's the way the managed to do it, everyone's skills are limited. You read the whole post - the thing is buggy so it needs tweaking. Give it some time, they will have it polished.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Omegus

Post#18 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:23 am

Caduceus wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:02 am So can anyone confirm so far that any of these claims are true? For one, whether there's some hacked version of NerfButtons available, and second, whether addons like NerfButtons can provide an advantage beyond what is to be reasonably expected from a sequencer?

I know much too little about NerfButtons and technicalities like workarounds, but this does worry me.
So, the main difference between a Sequencer and NerfedButtons is that a Sequencer will just cycle through the abilities assigned to it in sequence (hence the name). NerfedButtons uses a priority list, i.e. you give it a bunch of abilities in priority of highest to lowest along with a bunch of checks to perform when evaluating which ability to pick. The first ability that passes the checks is the one that gets used (these checks are the "conditionals" that people talk about, i.e. only use ability X if condition Y is met). The priority list is evalulated constantly and NerfedButtons will pick the "best" ability according to the conditional checks you have set, as opposed to a sequencer which can only execute abilities in a fixed order.

The simple examples are:

1) skip this ability if on cooldown
2) skip ability if out of range
3) skip ability if I don't have enough career resource/mechanic points for it

The more complex ones are:

1) Only use my snare if the target is not snared
2) Only use my heal debuff if the target is not heal debuffed
3) If the target is channelling (has to be a channelled ability which puts a buff on themselves) then use my interupt
4) Only use my high-damage execute-style abilities when my opponent's health is low enough to get the bonus damage
5) Only use this ability if behind the target (this one is difficult and only a few classes can actually get this working for reason I won't go into here)
6) Don't use my CC if the target is immune to CC

And so on. It can check the status of your abilities (enabled/disabled, in range, AP cost, cooldown, etc), any buffs/debuffs on you and your target, and anything else available to the addon system. It does not let you by-pass the Global Cooldown (a common myth, although this might've been possible on the live servers for a while) as the global cooldown is enforced server side.

Mostly it is used to prevent duplicate buffs/debuffs from being applied, interupting channels, using abilities when they're off cooldown while still mashing the same button, and more optimal crowd control.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
licenje

Post#19 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:29 am

NB is back 100%... last week on my slayer retribution get interupted in 0.5 sec of cast, had 3 sc where it was so fast that 1 hit from skill never applyed whole sc...
and had to switch to Focus mind from Rapaging shipon on my dps AM cos it was immposible to cast Dissipting Energyies it gets interupted every time...
ether 50% off destro got so good in one week that i cant even start cast it gets interupted or they started to use NB with check...
Last edited by licenje on Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Caduceus

Post#20 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:35 am

Omegus wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:23 am
So, the main difference between a Sequencer and NerfedButtons is that a Sequencer will just cycle through the abilities assigned to it in sequence (hence the name). NerfedButtons uses a priority list, i.e. you give it a bunch of abilities in priority of highest to lowest along with a bunch of checks to perform when evaluating which ability to pick. The first ability that passes the checks is the one that gets used (these checks are the "conditionals" that people talk about, i.e. only use ability X if condition Y is met). The priority list is evalulated constantly and NerfedButtons will pick the "best" ability according to the conditional checks you have set, as opposed to a sequencer which can only execute abilities in a fixed order.

The simple examples are:

1) skip this ability if on cooldown
2) skip ability if out of range
3) skip ability if I don't have enough career resource/mechanic points for it

The more complex ones are:

1) Only use my snare if the target is not snared
2) Only use my heal debuff if the target is not heal debuffed
3) If the target is channelling (has to be a channelled ability which puts a buff on themselves) then use my interupt
4) Only use my high-damage execute-style abilities when my opponent's health is low enough to get the bonus damage
5) Only use this ability if behind the target (this one is difficult and only a few classes can actually get this working for reason I won't go into here)
6) Don't use my CC if the target is immune to CC

And so on. It can check the status of your abilities (enabled/disabled, in range, AP cost, cooldown, etc), any buffs/debuffs on you and your target, and anything else available to the addon system. It does not let you by-pass the Global Cooldown (a common myth, although this might've been possible on the live servers for a while) as the global cooldown is enforced server side.

Mostly it is used to prevent duplicate buffs/debuffs from being applied, interupting channels, using abilities when they're off cooldown while still mashing the same button, and more optimal crowd control.

Thank you for your reply.

This sounds rather fishy to me already, since it is basically using a program to process information a lot faster than a human ever could.

This situation that the poster above described, where abilities are being interrupted within a milisecond of casting them, is definitely something I have noticed happening before and have made me wonder what exactly these addons are being used for and how unfair they are.

Do you know anything about the rumors that NerfButtons (or offshoots of it) is able to circumvent global cooldown? This is something I have seen hinted at in posts several times. Is there anything to support this claim? I can imagine a well-executed timestamp to look like global cooldown is being circumvented, however what is actually making everything hit at the same time is the travel time of spells. Your thoughts?
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz