Recent Topics

Ads

Hard reset when ?

Let's talk about... everything else

Poll: Would you like to participate in a fresh start ?

Id love to
32%
It is good as it is
68%
Total votes: 114

rancune

Re: Hard reset when ?

Post#11 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:42 pm

it could be nice to have new challenge, new ppl, more fun,...
ok for reset for me

Ads
lameblanche

Post#12 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:45 pm

reset + advertising + cover by important youtuber >>> Server full
i m ok for reset

Sulorie

Post#13 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:59 pm

lameblanche wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:45 pm reset + advertising + cover by important youtuber >>> Server full
i m ok for reset
Remove the reset and the server will be still full.
Do you think competition will be lower, if all start from scratch?
You trade fresh players, where you don't know how long they will stay, for veterans, where many certainly would drop the game.
Do we reset again in 2 years, because lag in t1 was so much fun?
Dying is no option.

facundo7777

Post#14 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:49 pm

maybe reset will finally stop order zerg :D what is the reason to rvr while destro is not able to fight... this is no funny for any side

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#15 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:52 pm

There are no plans to do a reset, discussing it further will only confuse you and the others, with the tens of scenarios for pros & cons of a reset.

Grobbok

Post#16 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:54 pm

only for destro, order needs to attacking 1* city every day ;)
lider of Da fat squigs guild

wonshot

Post#17 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:58 pm

It would be refreshing as content has become rather stale, and "seasons" like in PoE and the like, does bring an other replay loop.

Then again, RoR is pretty much built as one big replay loop where mains are rarely played by most players after they are done treading the gearing-hamster wheel. :roll: So there isnt really any point, apart from "hey lets all restart together" feeling.

I'd personally like a fresh start, but it will probably not happen.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Dabbart

Post#18 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:08 pm

Well, there certainly is a market for "fresh" servers. However, yea people have invested countless hours on some toons and would just never, ever return. Not to mention, War has a double grind*, it's XP and gear, plus RR's.

I always thought the ridiculous scaling above 80 should be removed, and all toons reset to 80 every 6months. Let them get as high as they can, top RR get's a shiny. But at this point? Doubtful...

*RoR doesn't really have grinding. Go farm a Marc card on classic RO server, or 550+GS on BDO if you wanna talk about grinding...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
xoonerfree
Suspended

Post#19 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:53 pm

spotdani wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:45 am Are there any plans to do a fresh start in the near future ? Or some huge update that requires to wipe everything ?
Ive been playing RoR since the very beginning when it had only t1 unlocked with a few dozens of players. Ive been jumping on and off, enjoyed spending time here every time, but recently i started wondering will there ever be a fresh start. Id love to see everyone swarm Nordland again in a clean fresh start, gaining their wealth and renown again. :)
Why do that? Your hard work and effort are already cheapened and devalued when they give away what took you years and give to new players in a few months. The devs made it easy to get 95% of power nowadays, and struggle for that last 5%. RR is almost worthless now. I could start a new toon and get rr70 in a few weeks -- they turned the game effectively into a gear game, when it used to be a rr and gear game. New players get 90% the power of the top players fairly easily (2 months of regular play). That's pretty standard for every mmorpg i've played. You could bust your ass for 3 years to get the best gear. Then in one patch your efforts are diminished allowing new players to earn that power level in 3 months. Just the nature of the beast I guess.

Vri

Post#20 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:14 am

GamesBond wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:52 pm There are no plans to do a reset, discussing it further will only confuse you and the others, with the tens of scenarios for pros & cons of a reset.
Can we just ban the topic ? Posts like this keep the reset dream alive...strike now and crush this topic.