Recent Topics

Ads

Hard reset when ?

Let's talk about... everything else

Poll: Would you like to participate in a fresh start ?

Id love to
32%
It is good as it is
68%
Total votes: 114

spotdani

Hard reset when ?

Post#1 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:45 am

Are there any plans to do a fresh start in the near future ? Or some huge update that requires to wipe everything ?
Ive been playing RoR since the very beginning when it had only t1 unlocked with a few dozens of players. Ive been jumping on and off, enjoyed spending time here every time, but recently i started wondering will there ever be a fresh start. Id love to see everyone swarm Nordland again in a clean fresh start, gaining their wealth and renown again. :)

Ads
BluIzLucky

Re: Hard reset when ?

Post#2 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:14 am

Could you explain a bit more why you would like this? I'd like to understand that desire.

To me you are just deleting years of progress/playtime to have increased activity in the most boring tier for like a week.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

facundo7777

Post#3 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:02 am

activity in t1 for a week is worthless.

while i would like the reset, the only reason (iam not mentioning technical aspects, like server death :D) to do a reset is to attract new players but on the other hand cost of this is to huge because most of playerbase are veterans probably who wont start from the beginning.

spotdani

Post#4 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:03 am

To me, when the server had a major update with gear or new max rr, were the best times. When everyone started pushing to acquire the new stuff. Maybe thats what im missing. Maybe the racing environment. I understand your point as well. Its hard to give up your hard earned stuff.

Im just curious if there will be a reset or we will reach the point when half of the server will be rr80+ :D

warlover

Post#5 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:25 am

spotdani wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:45 am Are there any plans to do a fresh start in the near future ? Or some huge update that requires to wipe everything ?
Ive been playing RoR since the very beginning when it had only t1 unlocked with a few dozens of players. Ive been jumping on and off, enjoyed spending time here every time, but recently i started wondering will there ever be a fresh start. Id love to see everyone swarm Nordland again in a clean fresh start, gaining their wealth and renown again. :)
Just for the fun of it, i have never heard a more Dumb suggestion

Caduceus

Post#6 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:05 pm

What is your message to those who have spent years acquiring renown and achiements?
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Glorian

Post#7 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:10 pm

Devs say usually every Q&A that there will ne hard reset.
Never.

Wuhh

Post#8 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:40 pm

a brilliant and dynamic thoughtful and well reasoned suggestion...

or perhaps the opposite

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#9 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:18 pm

We have no plans to do any reset. The sunk cost fallacy will continue to trap people with hundreds or thousands of hours of invested time with no end in sight. Once you cross that threshold, there's no release. You're here forever.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

CountTalabecland

Post#10 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:03 pm

By Sigmar, No!
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.