Recent Topics

Ads

Removed chosen tactics

Let's talk about... everything else
Collision

Re: Removed chosen tactics

Post#11 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:06 pm

sogeou wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:49 pm Chosen DPS was stupid high, I am sure all knights would love to be able to do chosen damage.
And all chosen would love to be able to do knights tanking.

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#12 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:04 pm

sogeou wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:49 pm Chosen DPS was stupid high, I am sure all knights would love to be able to do chosen damage.
Stupid high relative to what? To a true mdps? No

In what context? 1v1s? That doesn't matter ever

And even then the burst from blorc 2h is a lot higher that chosens cause crit dmg tactic

Even if chosens dmg output with spirt dmg could be argued as over tuned there was no reason for KOTBS dmg even with elemental tactic was not that high but it was removed b/c "mirrors" and the game just got a whole let less fun for it

Skullgrin

Post#13 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:13 pm

I'm trying to remember if Crippling Strikes being removed was just after they raised the AoE target cap. For some reason I thought that was part of the reason it was removed - that it basically allowed Chosen to run in and give an entire WB +10% to be crit.

They replaced it with Wasteland Ruse which was a single target version of Crippling Strikes. Then that was replaced with Daemonclaw, which was then nerfed after they decided giving you strength, weaponskill and initiative made Chosen too strong somehow (probably my fault for posting screenshots of my stats with all procs activated). Now it just gives strength and toughness, which I like even more in some ways.

Discordant Winds was rolled into Oppressing Blows and nerfed a bit in the process.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Illuminati

Post#14 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:54 pm

The AOE cap removal was far later.
————————————————
Destro: Killamanjaro (80+ Choppa) / Killamanjaroo (70+ DoK) / Unsworn (70+ Chosen) / Illuminatii (60+ Blackguard) / Killaman (80+ Squig)
Order: ?

Bugs reported: 6

sogeou

Post#15 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:37 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:04 pm Stupid high relative to what? To a true mdps? No

And even then the burst from blorc 2h is a lot higher that chosens cause crit dmg tactic

Even if chosens dmg output with spirt dmg could be argued as over tuned there was no reason for KOTBS dmg even with elemental tactic was not that high but it was removed b/c "mirrors" and the game just got a whole let less fun for it
Stupid high for how tanky they were. They were better dps than any tank without having major a weakness. There was a reason at one point the only people who were doing duels were Chosen and AM's. If you try to act like Chosen were not strong, you are lying to yourself.

TenTonHammer

Post#16 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:04 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:13 pm I'm trying to remember if Crippling Strikes being removed was just after they raised the AoE target cap. For some reason I thought that was part of the reason it was removed - that it basically allowed Chosen to run in and give an entire WB +10% to be crit.

They replaced it with Wasteland Ruse which was a single target version of Crippling Strikes. Then that was replaced with Daemonclaw, which was then nerfed after they decided giving you strength, weaponskill and initiative made Chosen too strong somehow (probably my fault for posting screenshots of my stats with all procs activated). Now it just gives strength and toughness, which I like even more in some ways.

Discordant Winds was rolled into Oppressing Blows and nerfed a bit in the process.
Crippling strikes reduced a targets damage output by 10%, used to be 25%

You were supposed to pair it with rending blade in an ORvR WB setting and gave the original 2h spec a utility purpose

But then for some crazy reason they nerfed it to 10% they added the wasted ruse curse component that increased chance to be critically hit that stacked with stuff like BG crimson death so destroy had like free 20% chance to critically hit for a while
sogeou wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:37 pm
TenTonHammer wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:04 pm Stupid high relative to what? To a true mdps? No

Stupid high for how tanky they were. They were better dps than any tank without having major a weakness. There was a reason at one point the only people who were doing duels were Chosen and AM's. If you try to act like Chosen were not strong, you are lying to yourself.
Ok you say that and I ask since when has duels ever mattered? This game and the devs themselves have stated that they don't cater to 1v1 and focus on balance from a 6 man and wb perspective so saying they were an op during duels doesn't hold any weight cause that's not where balance matters

Skullgrin

Post#17 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:29 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:04 pm
Crippling strikes reduced a targets damage output by 10%, used to be 25%

You were supposed to pair it with rending blade in an ORvR WB setting and gave the original 2h spec a utility purpose

But then for some crazy reason they nerfed it to 10% they added the wasted ruse curse component that increased chance to be critically hit that stacked with stuff like BG crimson death so destroy had like free 20% chance to critically hit for a while

Ok, that's what it was. Knew there was something I was forgetting regarding AoE with it. I generally don't run with WB's, they cause too much lag and are just things that pop up nearby while I'm running around doing goofy stuff. :roll:
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Amdus

Post#18 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:16 am

Mordd wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:32 pm or make an actual dps class.
This type of answers will never cease to shock me, because it reveals the underlying problem of this game. Enforced stale and boring gameplay doesn't work, there's plenty of evidence out there.

Ads
Mordd

Post#19 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:24 am

Amdus wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:16 am
Mordd wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:32 pm or make an actual dps class.
This type of answers will never cease to shock me, because it reveals the underlying problem of this game. Enforced stale and boring gameplay doesn't work, there's plenty of evidence out there.
and people that make tanks and think they should be big dps never cease to amaze me. Tanks should do more than the kobs does. but the chosen was way over the top for a tank with the spirit damage. Besides the KOBS tanks have plenty of damage as is.

ashton007

Post#20 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:50 am

They removed CS and made it a 10% crit debuff on crit for a little while but it was too op as it stacked with Crimson death. But what I don’t understand is that they then took CS and gave it to SM in the form of a spammable/undefendable AoE that still stacks with challenges... then they gave knight ap aura too, some form of order bias for those moments.