Recent Topics

Ads

Removed chosen tactics

Let's talk about... everything else
Uldios

Removed chosen tactics

Post#1 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:46 pm

So awhile ago, im not sure which patch this happened, but the crippling blows (on crit the opponent has a 10% higher chance to be critically hit) and the discordant winds (all damage is now spirit damage) tactics were removed and im not sure why. Could anyone enlighten me why this happened? If for some reason it was too OP why didnt they just nerf it a bit or add a negative effect while using those tactics rather than just removing them from the game?

Ads
NSKaneda

Re: Removed chosen tactics

Post#2 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:52 pm

People died in rvr and complained, nerf followed.

patch notes
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Uldios

Post#3 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:02 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:52 pm People died in rvr and complained, nerf followed.

patch notes
My thinking is that instead of removing the tactics, they could of added negative effects to the tactics, for example with crippling blows, they could of made it to where the enemy has a 10% higher chance of getting crit after you crit them but you also get a debuff where you have a 10% higher chance of getting crit from enemies for 5-10 seconds. As for discordant winds, they could of added something to it that you also take like 10% more damage from all sources while using the tactic. Its crazy that they just removed them

Uldios

Post#4 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:07 pm

Uldios wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:02 pm
NSKaneda wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:52 pm People died in rvr and complained, nerf followed.

patch notes
My thinking is that instead of removing the tactics, they could of added negative effects to the tactics, for example with crippling blows, they could of made it to where the enemy has a 10% higher chance of getting crit after you crit them but you also get a debuff where you have a 10% higher chance of getting crit from enemies for 5-10 seconds. As for discordant winds, they could of added something to it that you also take like 10% more damage from all sources while using the tactic. Its crazy that they just removed them
Take focused offence for example, it gives you 15% increased damage, but your armor is reduced by 33%. Which in the pursuit of damage is a good trade off. If you want damage you should be able to sacrifice defence for offence

Mordd

Post#5 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:32 pm

Uldios wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:07 pm
Uldios wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:02 pm

patch notes
Take focused offence for example, it gives you 15% increased damage, but your armor is reduced by 33%. Which in the pursuit of damage is a good trade off. If you want damage you should be able to sacrifice defence for offence
or make an actual dps class.

TenTonHammer

Post#6 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:59 pm

Crippling strikes stacked with challenge which lend to greatly increased reduction in damage
Instead of keeping it and reworking it to ensure the original role 2h chosen they scrapped it completely

Discordant winds was removed because someone got killed in a 1v1 in ORvR and got mad despite 1v1s not mattering and found the idea of not deftard tanks being strong since tanks are only supposed to be gaurd bots

Lame reasons were thrown out like "tanks using big hulking weapons should be doing physical damage" despite you know chosens being followers of tzeetch and always had magical weapons in lore and same with kotbs doing flaming attacks and stuff

Wuhh

Post#7 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:35 pm

Uldios wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:07 pm
no derailing ... just saying 'Rampage'

Uldios

Post#8 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:48 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:59 pm Crippling strikes stacked with challenge which lend to greatly increased reduction in damage
Instead of keeping it and reworking it to ensure the original role 2h chosen they scrapped it completely

Discordant winds was removed because someone got killed in a 1v1 in ORvR and got mad despite 1v1s not mattering and found the idea of not deftard tanks being strong since tanks are only supposed to be gaurd bots

Lame reasons were thrown out like "tanks using big hulking weapons should be doing physical damage" despite you know chosens being followers of tzeetch and always had magical weapons in lore and same with kotbs doing flaming attacks and stuff
Yeah i love warhammer because even though you were a tank or even of you were a healer, you could abandon your role somewhat and make a full out dps, people keep saying, "well pick a dps class" but i like making a typically non-dps class into a dps monster, and you still can but its just harder for a chosen without these tactics. Hence why i made the post, in hopes that maybe the devs will add them back in but maybe nerf them down a bit or add some negative consequences in using them

Ads
sogeou

Post#9 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:49 pm

Chosen DPS was stupid high, I am sure all knights would love to be able to do chosen damage.

Uldios

Post#10 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:05 pm

sogeou wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:49 pm Chosen DPS was stupid high, I am sure all knights would love to be able to do chosen damage.
That would be awesome, one of the main differences between chosen and kotbs damage is that the kotbs uses a lot more dots while chosen is just a big hitter with ravage