Recent Topics

Ads

Curiosity / Cosmetic

Let's talk about... everything else
foxpwnsyou

Curiosity / Cosmetic

Post#1 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:11 pm

Any plans out of curiosity purely of course, for NPC skins? like maybe an item you can pop/potion that gives you the appearance of NPC like a Greyseer/skaven or something? purely cosmetic of course. Always liked messing with stuff like that lmao XD, thanks in advance. I imagine there might be complication with animations maybe? eh doesn't hurt to wish though.

Ads
Skullgrin

Re: Curiosity / Cosmetic

Post#2 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:31 pm

There are items that do give you alternate appearances, mainly they are event reward items and they vanish if you enter combat. There's the Skaven Cloak that turns you into a skaven, Corrupted Candy which turns you into a skeleton, and there is also the Kossar's Helm that transforms you into a white bear for 5 minutes. I Imagine that it would be possible for others to be made, but it would be very low priority for the dev team, and I doubt that they would ever let them be usable in PvP.

Edit: I remembered the name of the helm... :P
Last edited by Skullgrin on Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

foxpwnsyou

Post#3 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:36 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:31 pm There are items that do give you alternate appearances, mainly they are event reward items and they vanish if you enter combat. There's the Skaven Cloak that turns you into a skaven, Corrupted Candy which turns you into a skeleton, and there is also a fur hat (that I don't remember the name of) that transforms you into a white bear for 5 minutes. I Imagine that it would be possible for others to be made, but it would be very low priority for the dev team, and I doubt that they would ever let them be usable in PvP.
totally get priority hahaha but Awwww... wish they'd let it be used in PvP = ( that sucks haha, probably because of animation issues? Also man you are VERY fast damn thanks for the quick response im really surprised.

Skullgrin

Post#4 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:46 pm

Animation would be part of it, but the main reason is that all of the classes are designed so that you know what class you are fighting against simply due to their appearance.

The dev team have gone out of their way to fix item appearances that weren't meant to used by other classes (for example there were a bunch of Chosen items that had Marauder appearances and they were replaced/fixed with proper Chosen appearances).

Being able to transform while in combat would mask what class you are, and would cause endless complaining on the forum.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

foxpwnsyou

Post#5 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:26 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:46 pm Animation would be part of it, but the main reason is that all of the classes are designed so that you know what class you are fighting against simply due to their appearance.

The dev team have gone out of their way to fix item appearances that weren't meant to used by other classes (for example there were a bunch of Chosen items that had Marauder appearances and they were replaced/fixed with proper Chosen appearances).

Being able to transform while in combat would mask what class you are, and would cause endless complaining on the forum.
Oh geez hahaha I find animations/class icons are plenty to give away what your facing BUT I totally could see that happening I think = _ = *wheeze* def not the reason I want these kinda toys but I can see some people throwing a hissy fit for sure.