Recent Topics

Ads

Some Ranked Statistics

Let's talk about... everything else
Rapzel

Re: Some Ranked Statistics

Post#51 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:34 pm

Caduceus wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:32 pm
It does however give an impression that something is wrong with certain classes. I've been waiting for people to engage with the data and argue possible reasons, other than RDPS being "bad", why these discrepancies exist. So far, I have seen none. Just a determined assault on my character, that I am biased etc., or an assault on the quality of my data, which is supposedly faulty or useless. None of these are particularly convincing.
Okay, here's some more data
Archmage = 100%
Blackguard = 100%
Black Orc = 100%
Choppa = 100%
Chosen = 100%
DoK = 100%

Engineer = 100%
Ironbreaker = 100%
KotBS = 100%

Magus = 100%
Marauder = 100%

Rune Priest = 100%
Shaman = 100%
Shadow Warrior = 100%
Swordmaster = 100%
Slayer = 100%

Sorcerer = 100%
Squig herder = 100%

Warrior Priest = 100%
Witch elf = 100%
Witch hunter = 100%
White Lion = 100%

Zealot = 100%
Bright wizard = 0%

It's all careers that have 1 or more characters above 1000 MMR (descending) if two careers have the same representation the data is sorted by career name, I think it's interesting data and wish that people discuss this as well.

I think we both can agree that my junk data is not useful at all, because it does not tell us anything.

The reason why certain careers perform poorly in Solo Ranked is because the teams are more or less random (sure there's discords where people coordinate solo ranked queue stacks, but there's still the possibility to get a random player) and overall Destro have more careers that are viable, while Order has less but STRONGER setups (such as 2x slayer which has been the dominant order setup since 2018, which took over after the ASW + WL triple pounce setup with the introduction of Invader gear).
Most 6vs6 players are aware of the fact that certain careers are overperforming, these ones can be seen on the front page of the rankings as well.

If you brought up data like the fact that only 20 out of 89 Choppas have played more than 10 games in season 2, I would gladly discuss the issues with careers such as Choppa and why Choppas seems to be a career that does not enjoy to queue solo ranked, while the so called mirror Slayer is the most successful Order DPS (most successful DPS even) in solo ranked.
The issue with your data is that you have made a filter on who has won or drawn 1 game if you made a straight cut off and if you instead gave us a context such as "I've collected the data of the representation of careers that have played more than 10 games and found that it seems that certain careers seems to quit before they reach 10 games total" I would applaud your work and say thank you we have some interesting data to discuss, but adding this arbitrary filter and then trying to draw some conclusion from the results is biased.

Ads
ufthakk
Suspended

Post#52 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:00 pm

As we have seen, Ranked cannot live with an attitude that considers the majority of the Ranked playerbase "not good enough to matter".
That's important! I don't care too much about the rest of the discussion.
The system is too regressiv. Rewards people who are already "the highest lvl off players" and punish players who try to improve.
SoloRanked was better off before season 2.

Caduceus

Post#53 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:46 pm

Rapzel wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:34 pm
if you made a straight cut off and if you instead gave us a context such as "I've collected the data of the representation of careers that have played more than 10 games and found that it seems that certain careers seems to quit before they reach 10 games total" I would applaud your work and say thank you we have some interesting data to discuss, but adding this arbitrary filter and then trying to draw some conclusion from the results is biased.

Isn't this what I did in my second measurement, which I have also added in the original post?
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Mordd

Post#54 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:53 pm

The data presented really means nothing. Ranked is hot garbage and is being pushed because thats what dalen wants to play. They have openly said the game is not balanced for ranked and they have no intention of trying to balance ranked. Most of the top players queue solo at the same time as at least most of a group. They made it so that the armor was part of a Bis set for most classes but then made the system so that most players could not get it. its a carnival game, lure people in with rewards but rig thee system so most cant win anything.

All ranked has done is drive a huge portion of the population away.
NB was removed specifically because of ranked. There was no real upside to this. We lost like 30% of the population over night. This had been part of the game since near launch. In a old dead game they drove off 30% because of ranked.
Thjen you have a lot of the people i know and gamed with. Good players that dont play the "right class" or dont play at the right hours to get pops or just dont want to deal with the toxicity that is ranked, but wont play a game where bis gear is behind a system like ranked. They ALL quit.

Time all of thie together with the launch of crowfall and soon New World to give them options. No wonder we are seeing NA cities with 2-3 instances.

They could not have done a better job at killing the server had they actively tried to short of pulling the plug.

BluIzLucky

Post#55 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:11 pm

Spoiler:
It does however give an impression that something is wrong with certain classes. I've been waiting for people to engage with the data and argue possible reasons, other than RDPS being "bad", why these discrepancies exist. So far, I have seen none. Just a determined assault on my character, that I am biased etc., or an assault on the quality of my data, which is supposedly faulty or useless. None of these are particularly convincing.
Archmage = 100%
Blackguard = 100%
Black Orc = 100%
Choppa = 100%
Chosen = 100%
DoK = 100%

Engineer = 100%
Ironbreaker = 100%
KotBS = 100%

Magus = 100%
Marauder = 100%

Rune Priest = 100%
Shaman = 100%
Shadow Warrior = 100%
Swordmaster = 100%
Slayer = 100%

Sorcerer = 100%
Squig herder = 100%

Warrior Priest = 100%
Witch elf = 100%
Witch hunter = 100%
White Lion = 100%

Zealot = 100%
Bright wizard = 0%

It's all careers that have 1 or more characters above 1000 MMR (descending) if two careers have the same representation the data is sorted by career name, I think it's interesting data and wish that people discuss this as well.

I think we both can agree that my junk data is not useful at all, because it does not tell us anything.

The reason why certain careers perform poorly in Solo Ranked is because the teams are more or less random (sure there's discords where people coordinate solo ranked queue stacks, but there's still the possibility to get a random player) and overall Destro have more careers that are viable, while Order has less but STRONGER setups (such as 2x slayer which has been the dominant order setup since 2018, which took over after the ASW + WL triple pounce setup with the introduction of Invader gear).
Most 6vs6 players are aware of the fact that certain careers are overperforming, these ones can be seen on the front page of the rankings as well.

If you brought up data like the fact that only 20 out of 89 Choppas have played more than 10 games in season 2, I would gladly discuss the issues with careers such as Choppa and why Choppas seems to be a career that does not enjoy to queue solo ranked, while the so called mirror Slayer is the most successful Order DPS (most successful DPS even) in solo ranked.
The issue with your data is that you have made a filter on who has won or drawn 1 game if you made a straight cut off and if you instead gave us a context such as "I've collected the data of the representation of careers that have played more than 10 games and found that it seems that certain careers seems to quit before they reach 10 games total" I would applaud your work and say thank you we have some interesting data to discuss, but adding this arbitrary filter and then trying to draw some conclusion from the results is biased.
I think you can safely add BW to the +1k MMR, MrGlass was well on his way until ranked stopped.. meaning there's now definitive proof that ranked is perfectly balanced! And if you don't like the data, please leave crazy land and onboard train to reality :lol:
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Arbich
Suspended

Post#56 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:24 pm

Based on the ranked data a SH has a winning chance of 51,4% (if you ignore draws) when joining a scenario.
Based on the ranked data a IB has a winning chance of 47,8% (if you ignore draws) when joining a scenario.

I didnt get the numbers for the other classes, but these two should be enough to show that you can read very little from the data that is provided at the start of this thread.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Mordd

Post#57 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:27 pm

BluIzLucky wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:11 pm
Spoiler:
Archmage = 100%
Blackguard = 100%
Black Orc = 100%
Choppa = 100%
Chosen = 100%
DoK = 100%

Engineer = 100%
Ironbreaker = 100%
KotBS = 100%

Magus = 100%
Marauder = 100%

Rune Priest = 100%
Shaman = 100%
Shadow Warrior = 100%
Swordmaster = 100%
Slayer = 100%

Sorcerer = 100%
Squig herder = 100%

Warrior Priest = 100%
Witch elf = 100%
Witch hunter = 100%
White Lion = 100%

Zealot = 100%
Bright wizard = 0%

I think you can safely add BW to the +1k MMR, MrGlass was well on his way until ranked stopped.. meaning there's now definitive proof that ranked is perfectly balanced! And if you don't like the data, please leave crazy land and onboard train to reality :lol:
But Mrglass didnt make it. BW is the only class with no one over 1k. BW is obviously the most under powered class and needs help right away. From this data.

Caduceus

Post#58 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:27 pm

Arbich wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:24 pm Based on the ranked data a SH has a winning chance of 51,4% (if you ignore draws) when joining a scenario.
Based on the ranked data a IB has a winning chance of 47,8% (if you ignore draws) when joining a scenario.

I didnt get the numbers for the other classes, but these two should be enough to show that you can read very little from the data that is provided at the start of this thread.

How did you calculate those numbers? Total amount of matches played, excluding draws, divided by amount of wins within a certain class?
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Ads
Arbich
Suspended

Post#59 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:29 pm

Caduceus wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:27 pm
Arbich wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:24 pm Based on the ranked data a SH has a winning chance of 51,4% (if you ignore draws) when joining a scenario.

How did you calculate those numbers? Total amount of matches played, excluding draws, divided by amount of wins within a certain class?
yes. Its kind of an lazy approach to exclude the draws, but well... i am lazy :-)
If you exclude a specific ib from the data, the winrate of IBs goes up to 49,2%. But not sure if this is fair... but just for info...
Last edited by Arbich on Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

tomato

Post#60 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:30 pm

This whole thread is useless, there is no balance relevant data obtained from solo ranked.

Classes have to be judged in a 6 man setup, there is no point in looking at them in a vacuum. Solo ranked means random setups which don't allow most classes to be played at their maximal potential. Soloq is so far from competitive gameplay, it's a useless metric.

If you only play solo ranked, there's a big chance you have no idea about actual 6vs6. Only people that regulary play group ranked on both sides have actually the necessary information to talk about 6vs6 balancing. Soloq heroes and pugs have no clue.

Actual S tier classes are rp/zealot/knight, since they are mandatory in every setup. One could argue rsh as well, but that depends.