Thoughts on future development of RoR

Let's talk about... everything else
Noklue

Thoughts on future development of RoR

Post#1 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:48 am

First of all, I would like to thank RoR team from the bottom of my heart for giving me a chance to play one of my favorite games of all time again.

I want to understand the vision that RoR team has on the future of RoR development AFTER all of the missing content would be restored. Since in my opinion Mythic originaly designed the game as more of a "theme-park" MMO that feeds on new content such as consisted flood of new zones, powercrept gear, new dungeons and so on, would it be the best idea to follow this design philosophy?

I my humble opinion I dont really think so. RoR doesn't have same resources as a million-dollar company that would allow to follow this type of development efficiently. Instead, I think the game should grow in width (for example, introduce more "sandbox"-type content, such as professions, unique items that completely change how you play to allow players to make interesting builds, interesting ToK stuff and so on). I think the simillar path can be seen in the development of Old-school Runescape when you compare how they steered away from philosophy of the development of RS3.

As I mentioned before, it not "please do whatever I say or the game sucks and screw you" kind of post, Its just my thoughts on how things can go from here. I would love to hear what do you guys (especially RoR staff) think about this. Thank you for reading!

Ads
Vholrat

Re: Thoughts on future development of RoR

Post#2 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:25 am

well personally i think they should "squish" the level 40 sets.too much stuff is out nowaday in t4 and mostly skipped (hardly anyone cares about ruin/vanquisher/oppressor set anymore. They should straight remove it and pass from t4 right to invader set and then royal.
On the content side i do not thin they can do much because game was very incomplete in retail too (for example dwarf and orks capital) so i believe they just implemented all they could.

Thazar

Post#3 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:34 am

Vholrat wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:25 am well personally i think they should "squish" the level 40 sets.too much stuff is out nowaday in t4 and mostly skipped (hardly anyone cares about ruin/vanquisher/oppressor set anymore. They should straight remove it and pass from t4 right to invader set and then royal.
On the content side i do not thin they can do much because game was very incomplete in retail too (for example dwarf and orks capital) so i believe they just implemented all they could.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Strakar

Post#4 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:45 am

I'm not sure how much they have left to tap into except the end game pve areas. Making orvr and ranked better for the long time players seems to be important. But also making it more newb friendly, I see a steady stream of new players in /advice chat, but they are often complaining or frustrated at key junctures like fresh 40s, understanding how to gear up, etc.

I saw some discussion in the pug event sc poll, not sure if that's the way to go but the hardcore elitist stuff about git gud and grind through getting your face stomped like everyone else had to is going to alienate the majority of new players.

Fixing the guild search would be a good start.

FinduilAsuryan

Post#5 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:59 am

Suggestion: On succesful Fort Defe Reset Campaign all the way to T2.
Let people recapture Keep - Lord respawn, automatically or with some trigger.
Improve ORVR rewards (bags equivalent to cities)

make better sets appearance only.... lessens the equip gap.
Finduil WL 40 /81
Hakatri SM 40/80
Alqua AM 40/69
Xinduil SW 40/54

Vholrat

Post#6 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:04 am

make influence rewards for t2/t3and t4 scale with player RR and refresh once fully capped. once you unlocked all 3 orvre influence rewards, reset the meters and put new items in there with new item level as purple non set ones.

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#7 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:18 am

More transperency about present development goals.
Involve community and take them serious.
Don't just apply content also cultivate.
Try to reduce the waiting-game.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#8 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:44 pm

You can find a lot of answers in the last Q&A. There will never be a straight forward roadmap that precisely shows what we're working on now and what will we work on in the near and far future - this would be hectic for the developers, especially when their available time and presence on the RoR Team changes.

You have to trust the process and the slow progress of the server, the developers constantly jump from project to project and there are still a lot of upcoming stuff that are still in the pipeline.

Ads
Noklue

Post#9 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:22 pm

GamesBond wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:44 pm You can find a lot of answers in the last Q&A. There will never be a straight forward roadmap that precisely shows what we're working on now and what will we work on in the near and far future - this would be hectic for the developers, especially when their available time and presence on the RoR Team changes.

You have to trust the process and the slow progress of the server, the developers constantly jump from project to project and there are still a lot of upcoming stuff that are still in the pipeline.
Thank you for your answer!