cities issue

Let's talk about... everything else
Vholrat

cities issue

Post#1 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:52 pm

sorry for asking but i just happened to join city.
We lost that scenario, and is totally fine because the enemy was very well geared and deserved to win. the issue i am talking about is that 6 people in my city wb (pug) just left it after 1st round lost and i believe they get no consequences for quitting.
I mean... is impossible to implement a sistem that make such peoples queue no more? seriously these peoples are ruining cities scenarios (i am broadly talking). we went from 24 to 18 and hoenstly maybe these ppla re getting free medallions... :evil:

Ads
b00n

Re: cities issue

Post#2 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:56 pm

they get a account wide quitter debuff, so atleast they can't join any other city fight. But yes your instance is screwed.
Destro: Chosen 85+, Zealot 80+, Sorceress 80+, Dok 80+, BG 80+, Magus 80+, Choppa 80+, WitchElf 80+
Order: SM 64, Warrior Priest 47, AM, BrightWizard, ShadowWarrior, Kotbs

Vholrat

Post#3 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:56 pm

b00n wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:56 pm they get a account wide quitter debuff, so atleast they can't join any other city fight. But yes your instance is screwed.
thanks for reply, but how much does that persist? I mean, well they screw other ppl game with impunity,...

TreefAM

Post#4 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:50 pm

Why would anyone waste time for 3 royals and a blue bag at best chance when they can just leave and do something else.
My point is, don't pug, join a group.

Like let me give you an example. I was late for city and people from my guild/alliance were already with someone else on the Order side.
So I went into solo q.
Once inside on our side (destro) we had 1healer 1dps shamy and the rest random dps/tanks including me.
On the other side there was the 12man that my friends joined and whatever addons they had.
I decided that wasting an hour+ for 3 royals wasn't worth it since we had 0 chance against that group which was perfectly able to carry it.
So I left and one of the dps shamies kept sending me tells "we could have tried something"
Suiciding on lords in the hope you get a "PvE" victory is pointless, as shown by the many screenshots of certain guilds dying 500+ and 700+ times just to do a bit of % dmg on the cannons/lords.
Last edited by TreefAM on Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vholrat

Post#5 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:54 pm

TreefAM wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:50 pm Why would anyone waste time for 3 royals and a blue bag at best chance when they can just leave and do something else.
1)if you do not play the FOTM spec no one invites you
2)that is not an excuse. if you do not wanna waste time do not join cities at all instead of joining and leaving mid fight

TreefAM

Post#6 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:16 pm

Vholrat wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:54 pm
TreefAM wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:50 pm Why would anyone waste time for 3 royals and a blue bag at best chance when they can just leave and do something else.
1)if you do not play the FOTM spec no one invites you
2)that is not an excuse. if you do not wanna waste time do not join cities at all instead of joining and leaving mid fight
1) It's an old game, meta is meta, you won't reinvent the wheel. Every class in this game has a spot in a city warband, every single one of them, but you have to play the right spec. 2h Choppa? Sorry but it does no dmg and is squishier than dw choppa, suck it up, play dw for an hour and then go back to your joke spec.
2) Why would you sit there and suicide into an organized group for 3 royals while you can make the same amount in just an hour or so of roaming and ganking shitters. Like I said, this leads to those screenshots that go around the community of losing but also dying 500+ times while having 0 kills.

Skullgrin

Post#7 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:32 pm

All you can really do right now is to do what the Dwarves do, keep a notebook of the people who do this and hold a grudge. And then pay it back if you can.

Personally I wouldn't be against a more severe punishment for intentionally leaving a City instance, as doing so hurts others more than yourself. Something substantial, like a 6 hour -25% to -50% debuff to all your stats on all your characters. Something that would actually be a punishment instead of just an inconvenience.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Vholrat

Post#8 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:02 am

this system so far is rewarding the afkers instead of peoples who put efforts in it. totally disappointed.

Ads
sharpblader

Post#9 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:04 am

Leaving pug city group is a shitty move especially if you leave even before the first fight. However, the current system promotes such actions because of imbalanced queuing and queue dodging, which I believe is the underlying problem. One can accurately estimate the outcome of a pug city even before it begins.

Imbalanced queueing cannot be directly controlled but queue dodging can be addressed. Its funny how easy it is to abuse the que system in this game which has been more popular since the heavy nerf to loser reward bag rolls. I've seen streamers and even devs que up late with their full 24 man group in hopes to be paired against last minute stragglers for an easy stomp.

No doubt work has gone into improving the system but the problem still persists. The official stance is to make friends and group up which honestly is an older generation mmo mindset, while today, we will always have puggers looking to play a game casually.

Personally, I would prefer to see a system which balances out the matchmaking. 24 vs 24, 12 + pug vs 12 + pug, pug vs pug etc. We can lower the amount of rewards for cities without full 24 people on each side to penalize puggers and incentivize organized players. For even if the rewards are low it will be more fun to play against a balanced matchup.

Sorry for the long wall of text but I strongly believe that making RoR a little more pug friendly will promote Its growth in the long term.

Brakh

Post#10 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:11 am

Introduce surrender city mechanic. It is total waste of time for the stomped side to participate in the slaughterfest.