cities issue

Let's talk about... everything else
GamesBond
Former Staff

Re: cities issue

Post#21 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:33 pm

Vholrat wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:30 pm cities are risking to become afk botters nowaday. and i am not talking about strategy (that is a different thing) i am talking of people that join and afk at spawn area to leech a free invader)
These people can easily be reported and they'll get the proper warning and punishment from the Game Masters.

Simply provide accurate screenshots showing them afk at spawn, their score, and the time stamps if possible - the GM team will look into the reports and take the proper action.

Ads
Vholrat

Post#22 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:36 pm

you realize while in city we cannot stay all time screenshotting right?

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#23 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:46 pm

Vholrat wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:36 pm you realize while in city we cannot stay all time screenshotting right?
I'm not asking you to create an animation or a stop motion with 50 screenshots. Report it the way you want, bring proof and present it to the GM. As simple as that.

Usually it's pretty easy to press M to show the map and then "Prnt Scrn" to take a screenshot. After the city ends you can submit whichever screenshot you want. It's also easy to show the city insights (damage done, healing, etc.) and spot the AFK healer with 20K heal for example.

It's a piece of advise and AFK players actually get punished. You're free to initiate the report and help the community, or you could not be bothered about reporting AFK players but you should refrain from complaining about them as well. Writing on the forums only doesn't help anyone.

Koha

Post#24 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:42 am

Well sometimes you can’t find a room in a group and try soloq. Chances to win are very low but having to suffer an hour slaughterfest… this cannot be asked to anybody. Some trybarders do live in a dream and think anything is possible but just refuses reality. In those cases very few options are possible: burn tents, discover the city wandering and trying to get a solo kill on someone left behind, cultivating is a nice activity too or afk or quit. None like it but you know soloq goes that way. Punishment does not sound like an answer. If you really can’t live with it don’t join soloq… problem fixed.
MA Kirth BG Melnibone SH Kikass
WH Merci SM Kohagen SL Koagul

Brakh

Post#25 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:06 am

Please correct me if I am wrong but is the currently required player behaviour while playing extreme one sided city is to get farmed for whole duration of the instance?

normanis

Post#26 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:42 pm

yes can someone explain when pug face city prem and after wipe , 3-4 players leaving city and u are around 17 vs 24 players? (my guild was 6 vs 24 ) what u can do just staying afk or get killed nonstop??? isnt that botting if u just press w and that it to be free rr?
i would understand that there is some tactics how to split enemy and such stuff so even smallscale can trick enemy to gain some win or steal it if they just zerg. byt at moment u jast kill 2 objects go center get wiped , (u are in pug ) and sit afk at spawn point because u understand there wasnt chance to with equal numbers fight premade now u lost 3 healers +2 randoms and now its even worse. what else u can do if all city strategy is just sit or farm spawn point = boredorm pulling trough barrier. and u get warning because u dont let yourself farmed ( just saying , because all wb just afk or do they stuff - running around all map.)
even in sc if prem dont act smart u can steal objects and claim win even if prem has all kills.(done this for few times lol)
if u dont whant so much cities than make clear it out , city is 3 star there is nothing to loot or make diference with more city stars has harder pve stuff (i cant call city siege rvr because its not its pve , kill champs who dont even attack u or lord who just stay and blinkin eyes while u hit him, make thos npc attack and lords should be some threat as erlear keep lords when lord alone wiped 10wb no joke here) make city siege some tactics also diference between 1star city vs 5 star city, in loot and strenght.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

normanis

Post#27 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:47 pm

for example 1 star city - max 3 instances (no loot for attacker its robered 6 hours back maby 4 if defending side just trow lands)
and 5 star has lot more instances (wealthy citizens, more loot for attackers)
and what about defenders do they also need loot their own city? i hope not if u are not mistios. didnt figured it out ;-(

normanis

Post#28 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:07 pm

hmm i think some strategy is prety easy added. without big c++
look all city is just cap objects in first phase, u kill 2 and than midle to unlock ather 3 to summon lord/dragon . so just strategys is sit midle at all costs for 20min. byt if all objects would be unlocked so no metter who in order, start to summon lord/dragon. it would split zerg and pugs has something to do for fights and maby premades also have something to do not just report afk realm.
second and 3 phase is just pve so why not add hitting back champions and lords.
for example bw /magus - aoe and knight and chosen champs just hard to kill( even gb need strategy to kill end lords for loot,)
also there 0 city sieges where to use city places favour u , there is so many places in city where ppl can turtle there and not let make so easy win. byt point of those places is zero.
for example dark library why cant make objective inside library, byt its outside. is it somkinda religion so u cant burn books? or fight in library? its mean all objects should be replaced actually to make city siege more dificult. ppl maby would prepare more not just enter sit there and hope for rollz.

Ads
zulnam

Post#29 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:40 pm

If the guild is not forming I don't bother with cities. They are not fun. In many aspects it's a zero sum game; a level of competitiveness that while some may enjoy, I frankly don't have the time or patience for; especially since it's not even a competitive feature. There are no windows telling you what a guild or player's W/L ratio is for cities, no special rewards or MMR for big city epeen bois (or girls).

Best case scenario: you stomp the enemy team; bad time for them, good time for you. Best outcome since it means a fast city.

Worst case scenario: enemy stomps you; vice-versa. Best outcome for enemy since it means a fast city.

"Optimal" case scenario: teams are equally balanced, a single fight takes 20+ minutes and nobody wipes. City ends up taking over an hour of constant, intense, fighting. After all that, if you win, you get the same reward as if you stomped a bad team. If you lose, same reward as if you were stomped. I've had cities end where i felt phyiscally and mentally exhausted, even had headaches.

This in part has to do with another underlying issue in RoR when balanced teams meet each other: Time To Kill. But that's neither here nor there. Let's not even bring up the class Desire-o-Meter.

I kind of wish cities were reworked to allow for more than just blobs fighting blobs. In fact, sometimes it's more fun to be in a pug cities when the fighting spreads out, making the combat more personal and manageable (meaning more downtime so your brain doesn't melt). I don't have any proper suggestion though (idk, i'm not a game designer) and I know there are people who don't want this, please don't reply to me telling me that i am wrong and that current city is good; i don't care.

Some good ideas I've read in this thread which I would like to highlight (i'd upvote the post, but Max Hayman (who owes me a Lamborghini) thinks a new website is not a priority (maybe it's not; idk, i'm not a Max Hayman).

Stophy22 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:37 pm Having issues with city where someone leaves? Here is an idea:

Don't limit the que time to 30minutes and then close it, instead have a 30minute build time
Spoiler:
(OR a set time daily where city instances pop if X criteria is met this could be kills in t4, scenarios won in t4, zones taken in t4, or even a point system with everything listed contributing to points and once a point threshold is reached, gratz city happens at selected time.)
and then after 30minutes and warbands are formed fire off the instances all at the same time, (fixes the dodging issue) 24 matches 24, 12 matches 12, 6 matches 6. Keep the que open until the last instance is completed but no new instances can be created after the build time. Limit que to solo only after the 30minute kick off to all instances then solo players now get the luxury of filling disconnected members in instances while city instances are active. They can go que and if an instance is happening and someone leaves/DC's then poof in comes a new player to fill your ranks. Obviously there should be some prio to what roles fill what spots and not all based on the, "whose-first-in-line" system.

What this doesn't cater toward solo players? Good, devs have stated multiple times that this game isn't really for solo players. Don't waste time and resources designing a system for them especially when time and resources aren't available.

Bonus questions:

Well what if there isn't a 24 warband to match on the other side?
Spoiler:
Well I'm glad you asked, there are several ways to approach this. You could make 12 instances combine to fill 24 instance, I find this dumb but is an option. Better yet, just have a que tracker so people can see what instances are que'd (omg like how ranked lets you see rdps/mdps/tanks/heals qued) you would be able to see the amount of 24s 12s 6s qued.

Now if you form 24 and there are no opposing 24s on the opposite side to fight you then why didn't you split up to match the 12 or 6 man ques? Maybe this is selfish but the system would work in times of high pop and low pop, and the current system hardly works in times of low pop, as we've seen 2instances the other night, and 3 before that? Maybe a consistent 4 instances during the NA golden city pop hours, its starting to become a joke at best.

This will force players to put in some time and effort to try and match themselves into opposing enemies to get a pop, and those who don't get a pop maybe can be shoved into the final filler instance at the end (no solo quers allowed) only 6/12/24. People can no longer get carried and instances can no longer be dodged. City doesn't become mandatory and it becomes a thing that you have to make a choice on whether you want to do it or not and if it has a set time, then you can fully plan to participate in it.
Want cities to still incentivize larger numbers queing up for them?
Spoiler:
Make them have better rewards, make it so on final stage of a 24man Vs 24man city instance the gold bags drop actual pieces of sov. Or make it so instead of fragments of royals you get actual royals from kills. This would cause everyone to want to form 24's.
What is causing people to do 12/6man instances then?
Spoiler:
Availability. Try pulling 24 good players out of your ass, it just doesn't happen. I see one person do it reliably and he dominates city queuing during NA hours currently. The community is fractured and players formed guilds for a reason, whether they made 6 man guilds or 12man guilds they are now allowed to participate in endgame content how they desire. They can have a 6v6 a 12v12 or a 24v24. Each with their own regards of loot tiers.
Afraid of the effects of making gear progression faster to incentivize systems?
Spoiler:
Right now, as a player, it seems like the preferred method of managing the game is seeing things slowly fizzle out then take a risk to ignite player passion and desire once again on a larger scale. Are we just waiting for another lazy peon video to bring us back to life or do we just wanna stagnate on how it currently goes instead of moving forward toward reaching potentially new horizons?

sharpblader wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:04 am Personally, I would prefer to see a system which balances out the matchmaking. 24 vs 24, 12 + pug vs 12 + pug, pug vs pug etc. We can lower the amount of rewards for cities without full 24 people on each side to penalize puggers and incentivize organized players. For even if the rewards are low it will be more fun to play against a balanced matchup.

Sorry for the long wall of text but I strongly believe that making RoR a little more pug friendly will promote Its growth in the long term.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Wraithedge

Post#30 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:58 pm

TreefAM wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:16 pm 1) It's an old game, meta is meta, you won't reinvent the wheel.
Just what is the Meta?