Recent Topics

Ads

Why don't you queue ranked?

Let's talk about... everything else
Vholrat

Re: Why don't you queue ranked?

Post#41 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:18 pm

for me (humble opinion) they just gave up and let it go hwo is going. they know they have no clue how balance game and ranked is more "play it of go away" mentality. so i guess unless you are fotm spec/class better stay well cleared from ranked area.

Ads
Fenris78

Post#42 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:22 pm

Mergrim wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:03 pm Imagine if you have no invader/royal crest for losing fort/city, and bags not contain invader/royals from rvr.
1k MMR Entry barrier + mmr penalty for loss, without any mitigation by quality of the match (ie. fighting for 2 or 10 minutes with the same mmr loss/gain), are all the needed components to quickly drive away players from ranked.

Realizing randomness of comps can lead to an impossible amount of matches (before even getting your first insignia) is really disheartening for most non-hardcore players, including myself.
Too much stress, to much pain for such a small gain it's really not qorth the hassle currently.

Reward the quality of matches, for fair and tense ones, close victories, unexpected returns, with adequate mmr gains for both teams (who clearly tried their best during 10 looooong minutes), and we can start talking again about queueing ranked.

Caduceus

Post#43 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:19 pm

The ease with which players can play the system.

When I queue I have to worry about whether or not I am queueing into stacks, MMR assassins, etc.

And I don't want to have to worry about that. Yet, if I don't, I set myself up to be farmed by the people who do.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

oaliaen

Post#44 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:47 pm

Imo, whoever persuaded the devs of 1k mmr was good enough to get insignias, was terribly wrong or was someone's part of stacking group. Im actually find myself stuck in middle of bracket joining matches full of randoms that dosnt know the basics, its almost impossible to get 1k mmr like this.

Idea: Keep the insignia at 1k mmr + but giv oppotunity to get it by winning 3 matches bellow 1k mmr.
Last edited by oaliaen on Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Martok

Post#45 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:58 pm

Every time I que for SC's I que for ranked. It just rarely comes up.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Arbich
Suspended

Post#46 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:07 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:22 pm Reward the quality of matches, for fair and tense ones, close victories, unexpected returns, with adequate mmr gains for both teams (who clearly tried their best during 10 looooong minutes), and we can start talking again about queueing ranked.
How will you measure this?
Just because two teams played for the full 10mins and gave their best, doesnt mean they played better than two different teams where the game was won after 4minutes. Or do you think at football world cup 2014 iran vs nigeria was a better game than brasil vs germany?

I think the 1k mmr bracket is fine (with no 1k+mmr players mixed with 0mmr players). The matchmaking is better than I expected (rarely 2mdps vs. 1mdps+1rdps). That there are some class imbalances is an issue, but thats true for every game aspect and should be handled over time. Preferably as fast as possible, but this server is managed by a group of volunteers, so it takes time...
the only issue I have is, that it appears that you need at least around 50% winrate to keep 1k+mmr. Which means around half the players will never have a chance to get insignias. So I would like to see Insignias as weekly rewards, added to the last rewards/instead of the last rewards (so wins required). The insignias for each win with 1k+mmr could stay or maybe removed to incentivize queuing for group ranked.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Collision

Post#47 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:16 pm

Alucard2010 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:17 pm
Collision wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:33 pm Why queue against OP order (not all classes but 90% of ranked) but all is fine like Devs says
Lol - this is because every other order dps quit queueing and all your left fighting are slayers
if it was only a dps problem :x

Fenris78

Post#48 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:37 pm

Arbich wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:07 pm How will you measure this?
Just because two teams played for the full 10mins and gave their best, doesnt mean they played better than two different teams where the game was won after 4minutes. Or do you think at football world cup 2014 iran vs nigeria was a better game than brasil vs germany?
- Length of time spent fighting (to punish afk or throws)
- Time of the kills (dying in the first seconds will probably prove some clearl unbalance or mismatch, while getting one kill at 9 mins will prove a fair match)
- Kill differential
- Fighting back after a wipe and getting one or more kills
- Group stabilization (kills in a short amount of time, ie. one death only but back fighting with full team = tighter match than suffering 5 death in a row and retreating in camp)
- Damage bursts (the closer to the breaking point without dying, the better the quality of the match)
- Time of flag capture (not the same capping after the first minutes or at the end)
- Kill differential at the time of flag capture
- Individual scores (healing, damage, protection)
- Etc.

Plenty of ways to balance a fairer system for everyone, without the feeling of having lost 10 minutes for barely anything + mmr penalty.
The system do not incentivize people to queue, even less after a loss. It need more parameters to modify the mmr, accordingly to player's efforts, and more value over time like any other game mode.

But I agree insignias should be in the third weekly reward, even one per week, at least even the less lucky/skilled players could have a foreseeing goal instead of just quitting because they feel they wont ever reach that 1k barrier in a timely manner.

Ads
phononHYPE

Post#49 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:51 am

I don't like RS mostly because it is always set in that boring dragon maw SC (not sure of actual name). Furthermore, the Queue Queue addon won't let me select RS as one to skip, meaning the few times I have Accepted the SC and found myself there, it was by accident.

Now, those few times I ended up in RS I had fun, with a loss, and 2 ties. First time I was caught in pve solo spec, and everyone was very understanding (probably just happy to get the pop, I don't know : ) and the next two games were each side just trying to get that edge up on the other side that never happened. All three were x2 SL, with 2h choppa and mara, 2h and snb knight, 2h and snb chosen, AM and RP, Zeal and DoK (I think dok).

Past that, with my broken addon, if I get RS pop I just log out. Sorry team, not interested in it.

Edit: Adding my last toxic SC was a very long time ago, with sorc and three magus, sorc yapping at me, delete my character and telling me to never play SCs etc. I just put on ignore. FMJ has some winners and losers, and I hope they booted her. As I decided to keep my ignore list (use to delete it every month), they might be around but I'd wager they moved on to the next thing they could "pwn".
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Grious

Post#50 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:05 am

Mmm where to start on Ranked SC.

The Meta, that bullshit where you need to be a certain class in order to even stand a chance at winning. While stupid this is the issue I have the least problem with because the meta is not something you can get rid of.

The player attitude, I accidentally managed to QueueQ my way into a ranked SC once, holy **** people were acting like I murdered their favorite pet. I wish QQ worked properly and I could blacklist ranked SCs but the few times Ive managed to hop into it, no matter how I played I was always the weakest link which leads into the last and imho worst problem with ranked.

That gearwall that probably alienates a majority of the population. Regardless of what the in game restrictions are to queue for ranked, if you go in there with anything thats not rr80+ and near BiS you are going to drag your team down. From what I understood ranked was supposed to be more focused on skill-based play but somewhere that idea kinda fell flat. You could be amazing at your class and know the ins and outs of 6v6 to a t but if you arent in endgame gear, enjoy your loss.

You want more people in ranked? Find a way to make a level playing field where skill can be put against skill instead of who is wearing the shiniest stuff.