Why don't you queue ranked?

Let's talk about... everything else
meatcpu

Why don't you queue ranked?

Post#1 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:37 pm

I like the idea of Ranked and the MMR system seems pretty well thought out. Lately it seems like there aren't many people q'ing ranked. It was pretty busy a few weeks ago. I'm curious why the numbers dropped so precipitously.

Personally, I'm self conscious about my gear and RR level. I feel like it should be fine to q without being RR80 in full Sov gear, especially given that the triumphant set is more on par with Warlord. Gear insecurities are less of an issue though than the reactions I got from a few of the teammates. It is and should be competitive environment, but there was a level of hostility that made the experience very uninviting. If you're playing with an MMR 0 player at all, it's probably not their fault you haven't won more than 50% of your matches.

Maybe the numbers were inflated some by the random people brought in by queueing all and after that maybe matches became fewer and further between so even the folks that like ranked have backed off. If Ranked were more generally enjoyed, then why would the average player want to leave the q when they get a ranked pop?

If you like SC's in general, why don't YOU play more Ranked?

*EDIT*
So far these answers seem to be:
I'm playing another game
I'm busy in Erkund
I don't think I'll ever get an MMR of 1000
Double Slayers
Other players are nasty about it
I don't think it's fun
I need a bigger bribe to do this at all.
Last edited by meatcpu on Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Ads
doky

Re: Why don't you queue ranked?

Post#2 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:39 pm

ranked died same day return to ekrund patch came out.

meatcpu

Post#3 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:48 pm

doky wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:39 pm ranked died same day return to ekrund patch came out.
Presumably though as people finish this event, the numbers should start to rise again.

I couldn't find in the notes where ranked was removed from q all. Based on some comments in the 22/7/2021 patch it doesn't seem to have been removed until after the Erkund event dropped.

doky

Post#4 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:56 pm

also ppl might went other games like "new world" beta recently came out

Mergrim

Post#5 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:03 pm

meatcpu wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:37 pm I like the idea of Ranked and the MMR system seems pretty well thought out. Lately it seems like there aren't many people q'ing ranked. It was pretty busy a few weeks ago. I'm curious why the numbers dropped so precipitously.

Personally, I'm self conscious about my gear and RR level. I feel like it should be fine to q without being RR80 in full Sov gear, especially given that the triumphant set is more on par with Warlord. Gear insecurities are less of an issue though than the reactions I got from a few of the teammates. It is and should be competitive environment, but there was a level of hostility that made the experience very uninviting. If you're playing with an MMR 0 player at all, it's probably not their fault you haven't won more than 50% of your matches.

Maybe the numbers were inflated some by the random people brought in by queueing all and after that maybe matches became fewer and further between so even the folks that like ranked have backed off. If Ranked were more generally enjoyed, then why would the average player want to leave the q when they get a ranked pop?

If you like SC's in general, what's your reason for not queueing Ranked?
MMR system is very bad and devs write everything is fine. You can have 30ppl in que and still no pop.
Last bug, that not reque you if someone decline make many ppl not que anymore...no point to que if you wait 40min for pop and 1 person decline.
Many ppl on start season 2 realize they can't reach 1k mmr so no point for them to play. You can be unlucky and still be 0 mmr as a good player. It's all about know when to que, not about how good you are personaly.
We have 6man groups that force insignia drop only from group ranked...how many 6man teams we have? 3-4? let make game only for 18-24ppl:D

Imagine if you have no invader/royal crest for losing fort/city, and bags not contain invader/royals from rvr.

Sadly but ranked was more alive before season 2.

Vri

Post#6 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:20 pm

Normally its a complete waste of time and later your ranked team will trash you in rvr lakes for not throwing guard fast enough.

agemennon675

Post#7 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:26 pm

My only BiS gear character is on destro side, I loved playing ranked in the preseason I got 1k mmr this season too but I am no longer playing it because I am extremely annoyed fighting Double Slayers every game. I lost most of my games against double sl because its almost impossible to withstand pressure with 2x mdps 2x tanks, Tanks completely stop trying to cc enemy tanks to create a kill window, instead they are constantly trying to stop pressure from double slayer, even after using punt/kd/challange(they remove it instantly)/bellow they can kill a target, healers cant keep up unless enemy team cant press buttons properly. Order dont have that kind of aoe+st pressure on them in ranked. Thats my reason. Enjoy. Ranked is really fun when everyone in the match try their best.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#8 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:39 pm

Wargrimnir told me not to que for SoloRanked.
Also i fear the social backslash for not joining THE discord.

Ads
Vholrat

Post#9 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:43 pm

and still is worth mentioning the toxic cesspit rranked community is: if you queue without being the FOTM spec class they wisp insult you all the time long till scenario end.

Vri

Post#10 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:46 pm

Vholrat wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:43 pm and still is worth mentioning the toxic cesspit rranked community is: if you queue without being the FOTM spec class they wisp insult you all the time long till scenario end.
This.