Ads

Why don't you queue ranked?

Let's talk about... everything else
ufthakk
Suspended

Re: Why don't you queue ranked?

Post#61 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:47 pm

nat3s wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:31 pm
I can sense you're heavily invested in ranked in its current form. MMR was worth a try, it hasn't worked, get over it.
How ?!? It would be fine to me get rid of MMR.
I just want to have a well populated 6v6 matchmaking in which u don't have to wait 30 mins + for a single pop.
For others MMR is important, need to find the middle ground.

Ads
Satirico

Post#62 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:57 pm

I don't join ranked sc because its the most toxic event of the game. In many ways.
But what drive me nuts, is that devteam expent so much time on it and forgot the principal feature of the game: RvR.
And just to make justice, they didn't forget at all. In the last patch with the nonsense event of return to Ekrund, they nerfed renown gain in rvr lake. GG!

nat3s

Post#63 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:23 pm

ufthakk wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:47 pm
nat3s wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:31 pm
I can sense you're heavily invested in ranked in its current form. MMR was worth a try, it hasn't worked, get over it.
How ?!? It would be fine to me get rid of MMR.
I just want to have a well populated 6v6 matchmaking in which u don't have to wait 30 mins + for a single pop.
For others MMR is important, need to find the middle ground.

I think MMR is probably the reason for the 30 min waits. Anytime you're trying to match similar MMRs you're introducing filtering into the system. Remove MMR and it opens up more matches which should bring down queue times.

It's just a hunch on my part tbh, I could be completely wrong!
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Toshutkidup

Post#64 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:01 am

I didn’t read all the pages but I don’t que because I don’t find ranked fun, that’s all for me. Instanced content generally in any game I find boring.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Karl

Post#65 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:43 am

I don't join ranked mostly because peeps who do often take it way to seriously and the blame game and toxidity is real.
Maybe change the MMR mechanic so that peeps who lose the match don't lose MMR might soften the athmosphere is rank some - but then again that is part of the challange :)

BluIzLucky

Post#66 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:04 am

This thread is great, good initiative :)
And yeah, you definitively need think skin to ranked, since there's a lot of angry children playing it, got called "retarded" on disc for kiting in a direction the tank didn't like and that was a game we won.. :lol:

And not that I want to distract this thread with a discussion to fix it, but just to answer the couple people calling for MMR change..
Karl wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:43 am
Spoiler:
I don't join ranked mostly because peeps who do often take it way to seriously and the blame game and toxidity is real.
Maybe change the MMR mechanic so that peeps who lose the match don't lose MMR might soften the athmosphere is rank some - but then again that is part of the challange :)
The MMR system is not really the issue.. the issue is low ranked pop, coupled with players wanting to gain MMR beyond just from improving (I assume for the jewel and to feel good) while being very aware of their ups and downs, if a lot of people feel like that maybe it's better to remove the displaying of MMR and precise leaderboard, and just do rough brackets (e.g. gold, silver, bronze) for anyone outside top 100.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#67 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:11 am

BluIzLucky wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:04 am
The MMR system is not really the issue.. the issue is low ranked pop
You don't think there's a correlation ? People get stucked at 0 likely give up on SoloRanked as example.

BluIzLucky

Post#68 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:04 pm

ufthakk wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:11 am
BluIzLucky wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:04 am
The MMR system is not really the issue.. the issue is low ranked pop
You don't think there's a correlation ? People get stucked at 0 likely give up on SoloRanked as example.
I think there's plenty other issues that are more responsible for that, the MMR system is used in games from Chess to COD, and given time will do what it's supposed to do..

I stopped playing my SM because he's stuck at 0 and I have a suspicion that they will reset MMR at the end of the season (I hope they don't), meaning I'm on a timer for my AM to get to +1k MMR and 50 wins.. that's a rewards issue.
And SM being very reliant on the other tank in order to win, that's a class balance problem.

Like Age of Empires, if you drop 500 points below avg MMR, you don't stop playing, you enjoy your games more because now you will be matched with your peers.

Anyway, obviously can't speak for anyone but myself, I just suspect that the amount of people stopping ranked purely/mainly as a result of the MMR system is low and that there's not really a better system to replace it with that will account better for player skill.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Ads
oilpourer
Suspended

Post#69 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:12 pm

The MMR system is necessary. Will it ever be perfect ? No. I would like to see ranked to do well and that is why its necessary. I don't really want to play with people who a. are learning what to do for the first time or b. are afk guardstick bots who are there solely for the armor and don't care that they are 0 mmr.
I also don't find it enjoyable whatsoever to face the rsh + shield dok combo. Ranked was dead because of that in the "pre season" and both classes only got a slap on the wrist since then.

Fenris78

Post#70 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:18 pm

BluIzLucky wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:04 pm Anyway, obviously can't speak for anyone but myself, I just suspect that the amount of people stopping ranked purely/mainly as a result of the MMR system is low and that there's not really a better system to replace it with that will account better for player skill.
At the contrary, I think the "stuck at 0 mmr" syndrome is the main issue, since when you cannot see any progress toward intended goal (here the 1k barrier), you feel like wasting your time, whereas other game modes are less stressful and more rewarding, regardless of your level and class.

While you can do normal SCs, RvR and dungeons with pretty much any class and with minimal stuff, but the requirements for ranked being so high + you get penalized for losing is the drop over the glass of water to me, and I guess for many others around.
A good chunk of the playerbase wont go into ranked for other reasons (no interest in the game mode / rewards, no appropriate gear, underestimated skill or "unfitting class" feeling), but there is simply too much stress playing ranked, and no incentive to queue ever again after a loss, it's simply not worth the hassle for many players.

The mmr system should either be invisible to players, and used purely for matchmaking purposes, or tweaked in order to ease the grind for less hardcore players, at least in the first weeks, to grow a solid and regular playerbase to ranked, wich could be sorted after a while with a mmr system.

But in this situation there is no other option than to give a shorter stick to the carrot (easier to get to the 1k and/or remove it), and keep the players in with a better sense of progression (no penalty to mmr until 1k mark ?) ; otherwise the playerbase will be far too thin to ensure this game mode perennity on the long term, and you will then face the "first in, first out" effect, where every hardcord and regular players will quit because either they got all the stuff on their toons, or there is no further meat to grind in the machine to keep them playing.