Recent Topics

Ads

Why don't you queue ranked?

Let's talk about... everything else
nat3s

Re: Why don't you queue ranked?

Post#51 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:03 am

Loved the pre MMR 6v6 queue, loads of pops, the effort vs reward was good because you could get up to 25 oppressors a match, no toxic class snobbery, if you lost the rng battle in terms of team comp you were not being punished in terms of getting further away from your goal.

Using MMR to gate rewards behind is fine if that's attached to premade play as teams will be invested in working together to achieve their goal, but using MMR thresholds with a random rng queue just stops people playing, particularly at a point now where a premade can almost guarantee themselves the same instance due to the lack of people queueing leading to lots of stompfests and people gaming the system.

Current system may have worked great with 2k pop, but the law of large numbers just isn't there to flatten out the RNG element.

Throwing good money after bad. Cut your losses, remove MMR and think of it more of a small scale queue vs random SC being mid scale and lakes being large scale.

I suspect the devs are listening, they can see it's not working, being stubborn here probably isn't going to help their cause long term, but neither is us rubbing their mistake in the faces either! Keep it respectful.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Ads
nat3s

Post#52 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:16 am

Just to offer up a suggestion, what about a Call of Duty / WoW Honour Rank system instead of MMR, e.g. start at rank 1 and each match awards an amount of honour/exp. You could then have an equivalent to prestige levels once you hit 70.

Link unlocks to each rank e.g. level 10 for event slot item, level 15 for boots, 20 for gloves, 30 for legs, 70 for a unique title etc. Each single level rewards medallions.

You don't lose progress as you rank up so losing the RNG team composition battle doesn't feel punishing.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman

Rapzel

Post#53 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:09 am

nat3s wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:16 am Just to offer up a suggestion, what about a Call of Duty / WoW Honour Rank system instead of MMR, e.g. start at rank 1 and each match awards an amount of honour/exp. You could then have an equivalent to prestige levels once you hit 70.

Link unlocks to each rank e.g. level 10 for event slot item, level 15 for boots, 20 for gloves, 30 for legs, 70 for a unique title etc. Each single level rewards medallions.

You don't lose progress as you rank up so losing the RNG team composition battle doesn't feel punishing.
Isn't this the renown system already implemented?

Caduceus

Post#54 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:34 am

nat3s wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:16 am
Just to offer up a suggestion, what about a Call of Duty / WoW Honour Rank system instead of MMR, e.g. start at rank 1 and each match awards an amount of honour/exp. You could then have an equivalent to prestige levels once you hit 70.

The choice for this system was a deliberate one. Some devs have made it quite clear that they did not believe in rewarding the losers. In their view, 1k+ MMR is obtainable by every class, so if you are not 1k+ MMR you are simply not good enough for your opinion to matter.

I believe removing the 1k+ MMR requirement on Triumphant jewelry would revive Ranked in an instant, giving everyone something to work towards.

But alas, there has been little acknowledgement from the side of the devs for the issues that killed Ranked in the cradle. I'd like to think the devs are sensible people, and that they are working on/thinking about solutions or have other reasons, but are just very poor at communicating these things. Then again, it may just be a stubborn refusal to admit to mistakes. That is certainly the impression I am getting going off the communications of certain devs regarding this topic.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

lastalien

Post#55 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:02 am

1. Unwillingness to let the team down) according to comrades, participants perceive poorly dressed characters not from meta very negatively.

2. RS pops, I'm used to playing this game quickly, the current RVR, or ordinary scenes do not make you wait for an event for tens of minutes and do not punish you if you could not join at the right time.
Petitbras (SW), Threeend (BW), Arrgoor (SL), Popovich (KoTBs), Semenich (Eng), Ancle (WP), Lastalien (WL), Alienessa (AM)

Movies

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#56 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:30 am

nat3s wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:03 am
Loved the pre MMR 6v6 queue, loads of pops, the effort vs reward was good because you could get up to 25 oppressors a match, no toxic class snobbery, if you lost the rng battle in terms of team comp you were not being punished in terms of getting further away from your goal.
I had that experience too, nice community that didn't care too much about a loss suddenly went toxic af. :D
We'll see where this is going. I'm fine with removing mmr or change the rules. As example, reduce insignia drop mmr needed to 750 and don't lose mmr until 500.
It should be more like an trial and fail approach until u can pickup players where they are.

nat3s

Post#57 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:55 pm

ufthakk wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:30 am
nat3s wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:03 am
I had that experience too, nice community that didn't care too much about a loss suddenly went toxic af. :D
We'll see where this is going. I'm fine with removing mmr or change the rules. As example, reduce insignia drop mmr needed to 750 and don't lose mmr until 500.
It should be more like an trial and fail approach until u can pickup players where they are.

I don't think there are the numbers for careful scientific changes, it needs a big decisive switch away from MMR, not tweaking the boundaries/thresholds which is akin to rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic. May feel like positive change, but you're losing sight of the bigger picture, the ship is sinking!
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#58 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:48 pm

nat3s wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:55 pm
the ship is sinking!
I'm well aware of that. Think it's caused by bad communication and the persist in one viewpoint. Any sign of change could help imho.

Ads
sogeou

Post#59 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:17 pm

ufthakk wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:48 pm
the ship is sinking!
I'm well aware of that. Think it's caused by bad communication and the persist in one viewpoint. Any sign of change could help imho.
Or it can be NOBODY likes ranked. You get a few people. The 50-70 people total who want to play ranked out of a few thousand people. Just let it die already. Dev's put the rewards into normal SC's. Make all SC pug q. Then make a group q only for SC. Stick 2 groups of 6 in an SC vs each other, boom issue fixed. All the bad premades won't fight each other and PUGs can play SC vs non premades.

nat3s

Post#60 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:31 pm

ufthakk wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:48 pm
the ship is sinking!

Communication has 0 influence on the activities i engage in. I can sense you're heavily invested in ranked in its current form. MMR was worth a try, it hasn't worked, get over it.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman