Recent Topics

Ads

unfair sniping position

Let's talk about... everything else
Collision

unfair sniping position

Post#1 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:15 pm

Can you fix this access ? being sniped by x 125ft inge just out of the warcamp isn't really fair, directly hit out of the warcamp, next to destro npc

The jump to access is impossible to do with "in fight" collision.
Last edited by Collision on Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ads
Sinisterror

Re: unfair sniping position

Post#2 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:37 pm

No. Dont change terrain just because people use it effectively.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#3 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:47 pm

You can instantly reach that place by doing a single jump without using the mount. You can use the ST and AoE cannons right behind the group of dwarfs to either overwhelm their healing or to punt them off. You can easily hit them with range damage (and melee damage if you jump). Not to forget that you can punt them all and slaughter them.

These players are not out of line of sight, nor can they use walls or broken designs to avoid damage. They are in plain sight.

Terrain is part of the game, using it smartly is also part of the game. The game is more than smashing buttons and using abilities. It should be dynamic and it should allow players to outsmart others in an equal way.

The last terrain block that occurred was completely unfair, in my personal opinion, but it's been done and we had an internal agreement to precisely review and debate future terrain blocks, case by case, rather than follow a general rule that may not be logical for every terrain. In your case, you're requesting that the dynamic play of a specific group of class to be annihilated just because you refused to find a solution (or more than 1 solution) that is/are already present in the game.

Collision

Post#4 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:01 pm

GamesBond wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:47 pm using it smartly is also part of the game.
It's not smartly use, it's abuse a spot where no mdps can come, only range bump can be use where shamy who got it are very rare, and just outside the warcamp, easy farm. This warcamp haven't a lot of exit to rvr, it's just block 2 direct rvr map access (not ones by pve)

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#5 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:08 pm

I think you missed several other points, like easily targeting them with ranged damage, punts, jumping and punting within melee range, using the warcamp cannons to heavily damage them or to punt them. You can also report their spot on /t4 chat if you're alone, maybe others can come and help you.

It's not an abuse of a spot, everyone can easily reach it with 1 jump and no mount. If you're alone, you'll surely die, even if you were on a straight, flawless terrain.

Find the solution, don't ruin the experience.

Collision

Post#6 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:15 pm

GamesBond wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:08 pm can easily reach it with 1 jump and no mount. If you're alone, you'll surely die, even if you were on a straight, flawless terrain.

Show me how you do the jump with ingame collision, the jump is not that easy and can only be one by one, you say yourself you gonna die if you do the jump alone. But Ok i undestood, another spot for unfair team play. And you talk about not ruining other people experience...

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#7 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:20 pm

Collision wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:15 pm
GamesBond wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:08 pm can easily reach it with 1 jump and no mount. If you're alone, you'll surely die, even if you were on a straight, flawless terrain.

Show me how you do the jump with ingame collision, and the jump is not that easy. But Ok i undestood, another spot for unfair team play.
Let's say they're blocking your jump, the other solutions are still applicable:
- Melee AoE punts can still hit their frontline, the ones blocking the jump.
- Ranged punts can still hit them all.
- Ranged damage can still hit them all.
- Cannons can still hit them (damage and punt) all.

Edit: - You can also jump from the destroyed building, you can use the mount cause it obstructs the line of sight and they will have to split to cover 2 sides.

Any punt would put these dwarfs back on the ground. Whether the punt came from a player facing the warcamp or from a player from the warcamp.

Collision

Post#8 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:27 pm

You only understand the part you want, the collision come from your allies not enemies...

Show me a WC where destro can block 2 exit to rvr by just one post...the cannons just do lol dmg on a wb and you haven't the LOS for the st bump cannons.

but ok, it is quite a fair experience when it applies only to destro, like order no rvr tag acces to keeps...

Ads
GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#9 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:45 pm

Collision wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:27 pm You only understand the part you want, the collision come from your allies not enemies...

Show me a WC where destro can block 2 exit to rvr by just one post...the cannons just do lol dmg on a wb and you haven't the LOS for the st bump cannons.

but ok, it is quite a fair experience when it applies only to destro, like order no rvr tag acces to keeps...
Ah, here comes the bias part.

The ST cannons are in LoS. A melee class can punt several players, with or without the initial jump. Ranged AoE and ST silence/damage/punts still apply. The terrain is easily accessible from 2 distinct points.

Thank you for your report and for sharing your opinion but I don't believe it's an abuse of a terrain.

Collision

Post#10 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:57 pm

You apply the "Find the solution, don't ruin the experience." to only one faction of the game so yes here comes the bias part.

Thanks for taking consideration of my report.