unfair sniping position

Let's talk about... everything else
Klod91

Re: unfair sniping position

Post#11 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:03 pm

Collision wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:15 pm
Can you fix this access ? being sniped by x 125ft inge just out of the warcamp isn't really fair, directly hit out of the warcamp, next to destro npc

188ft

Ads
Morradin

Post#12 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:05 am

Easiest solution? Call in eight to twelve magus specced ST.
Choppas could pull down half of that line with GtDC.
Shammie AoE punt
ST cannons from camp ( Sorry Mr Bond but AoE cannon have been nerfed to uselessness, and will not even fire any indirect strikes. )

There really are A LOT of options. Granted, straight up mdps like a WE is powerless. But that is why there are other people playing other classes, that can be called upon.

CountTalabecland

Post#13 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:56 am

Bitterstone got some kills doing the same thing they've been doing for like half a decade?

BY SIGMAR NO, BRING ME MY NERF BAT!
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Eisenbart2

Post#14 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:42 am

Dear Collision,

As an BT officer I can see how you get to your perspective and I appreciate that you shared it here. However maybe let me share my side of the story.

Order wanted to level Praag and run supplies. Our warband did not engage any kind of actual thread for some time. We gathered supplies and provided cover, which didn't seem necessary. However order still struggled to control 2 BOs consistently, as destro played good gurellia actions, so our warband lead decided to take the shown sniper position and buy some time by drawing destro's attention to us.

The position is accessible from 4 ways (2 easy ways close to your warcamp, 1 medium way from close to armory and 1 difficult one between that). Both easy ways are also doable in combat. However, we didnt not chose these ways as we wanted to have the moment of surprise, which is quite important for us. While we achieved surprise by using the long way we also suffered our first 3 casualties here as not everybody is successful with these jumps and other destro used the north exit of your warcamp and killed our stragglers, some remained unrezzable. We spend in total around 6 to 7 minutes in the position, scoring around 12 to 14 kills. However in the same time we did suffer 8 additional casualties to aoe canon fire, range single target fire with warcamp buff and destro who just used meele aoe while jumping close to the shown position. As the constant pressure was becoming quite brutal and our leader was actually afraid of suffering a full wipe there, especially since we hadnt engaged any organized so far but expected that destro would have communicated our position by now. He chose to withdraw. However, a structured withdraw is always a quite hard tactical maneuver especially when u have already dead people in unrezzable position or in warcamp. So we lost additional 5 people while withdrawing to following destro.

In total this means the following numbers for the encounter at destro warcamp:
Kills 12 to 14
Loses 16

While we achieved our tactical objective of drawing the focus on us and order gained one keep star, I cannot say that we won this fight nor that the position was good for us. Any organized group or slightly better coordination on destro side would have meant our wipe (like Absolution showed twice that evening). By the way, the strength of sniper positions is not necessarily the position but achieving tactical surprise like you do as a stealthed witchelf. So your best counter play is just sharing our position as earliest as possible in region chat or joining an organized group.

In general, sniper squads are a fun thing to do especially as you get to play your engi which is not necessarily welcome in all organized warbands but most of the time we get a bloody nose doing it. We just dont care as we enjoy playing together.

I am sorry that you were on the receiving side today, just take it like a dwarf: List the grudge and the next time you see us try to erase it!

Good luck.
80+ IB, SL, RP, Engi, WP, BW
70+ SM, Kotbs, SW
60+ AM, WL, WH

Noslock

Post#15 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:02 am

Nah its totally fine. They get rid of those afkers who just wait outside wc all day.Plus u can leave wc from another exit and come behind em and deliver supply to keep . They r basically freenown considering u have damage buff near wc exit unless u have 10 of them. Report em in chat so people dont get farmed, grab some popcorn and watch those stunties gettin farmed 3 or 4 times. All It takes is 1 decent aoe punt. The moment their feets touch the ground they r screwed.

Acidic

Post#16 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:04 am

I think that complaining at every thing that is annoying to you is the wrong way to go.
There are nearly always alternatives.
-call in a WB , they will usually come if you say BT is here, typical they are free renown to a mele WB
-go around them , there are other choices
-cannons

The point being it’s part of the game (or should be) to think of strategies to kill and also know what to leave.
The game is asymmetric in classes and zone layout, that does not mean 1:1 but same same different.

There has been too manny posts and action against things where it’s different between realm without any visible actual reference to how things affect realms. You have 2xthis, .. there is a spot close to war camp, dwarfs gang up and do weird things ,gobo kill squads kite and kill, ....

Embrace the difference, think how to work against the, identify if you even need to care. The game should not be dumbed down to the lowest level where nothing fun can be done as it just removes features dimensions from the game.

normanis

Post#17 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:18 pm

Acidic wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:04 am I think that complaining at every thing that is annoying to you is the wrong way to go.
There are nearly always alternatives.
-call in a WB , they will usually come if you say BT is here, typical they are free renown to a mele WB
-go around them , there are other choices
-cannons

The point being it’s part of the game (or should be) to think of strategies to kill and also know what to leave.
The game is asymmetric in classes and zone layout, that does not mean 1:1 but same same different.

There has been too manny posts and action against things where it’s different between realm without any visible actual reference to how things affect realms. You have 2xthis, .. there is a spot close to war camp, dwarfs gang up and do weird things ,gobo kill squads kite and kill, ....

Embrace the difference, think how to work against the, identify if you even need to care. The game should not be dumbed down to the lowest level where nothing fun can be done as it just removes features dimensions from the game.
call 911 ''allo pnp here is 1 sniper. can u kill him?'' :D
byt if serious i wasnt play game for half year byt wasnt there wc buff what reduces all incoming damage even morale?
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

normanis

Post#18 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:21 pm

bt was threat when snipe was 240feet range, they just jump on rocks and snipe evry single person who moves. full walls of snipers assisting each ather. good times
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ads
Glorian

Post#19 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:43 pm

normanis wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:21 pm bt was threat when snipe was 240feet range, they just jump on rocks and snipe evry single person who moves. full walls of snipers assisting each ather. good times
Well it lasted something like 8 days.
And that was even before we did organized Sniper Squads.

Acidic

Post#20 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:12 pm

Hmmm

“call 911 ''allo pnp here is 1 sniper. can u kill him?''

Never seen only one sniper, sniper squad is usually a snack for PnP warband.
But ignoring that BT brings character to this game so hats off to them for making a nuisance of themselves :)