Recent Topics

Ads

Classes with good 1vx

Let's talk about... everything else
jjrocker1999

Classes with good 1vx

Post#1 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:07 pm

Hello, I'm a new player who just learned of this private server recently, and im really interesting in trying it out as i never really gave the game a fair shot when it was released and it looks interesting and fun. In games with a PVP focus, I generally like classes that have good 1vX potential when it comes to PVP. I am aware there is most likely not a class that is just a matter of pick it up and do 1v3's all day, it involves gear and skill level and a lot of things that I would have to work on, but at least in most games, there are classes that are more built to support that style of play and was just wondering of recommendations for that. I would prefer to at least be competent in most if not all of the other forms of content, however, I'm aware that some sacrifices would have to be made and that it is very unlikely that you would get the best of all worlds here.

Ads
reynor007

Re: Classes with good 1vx

Post#2 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:14 pm

by far, WH the strongest class is 1v1 and 1vX, second place goes to shaman / am

Click here to watch on YouTube
wh currently requires minimum equip, has probably the best survivability and can kill any class if you can
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

Bloodmasked

Post#3 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:05 am

basically there isn't any class that is good at 1v1 or 1vX because thats extremely situational. you need to know how every class works in and out to even begin to answer your question. don't play RoR if you intend to play solo, cos you will just die alot.

abezverkhiy

Post#4 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:27 am

Engineers are good for many tasks.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

NSKaneda

Post#5 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:44 am

Any class can go solo but you have to remember that RoR is team-centric game (and quite unlike other MMOs in this aspect).

With that being said any tank, heavy dps (mara, lion) or healer will satisfy your solo running needs and give you some room for error while you're learning the ropes. Good hunting!
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Phantasm

Post#6 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:46 am

It all depends on tier, gear, gameplay etc. Any class can do 1vsx at some circumstances.

zulnam

Post#7 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:27 am

Bloodmasked wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:05 am basically there isn't any class that is good at 1v1 or 1vX because thats extremely situational. you need to know how every class works in and out to even begin to answer your question. don't play RoR if you intend to play solo, cos you will just die alot.
This.
Any class is good 1vX when:

- the 1 is a veteran player with abundance of game knowledge, not just about his class
- X is formed out of newbies or more casual players that play almost exclusively solo and a single class

If you start soloing right out the door you might be doing 1vX, but i don't think you'll like which side of that "v" you're on.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Farrul

Post#8 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:26 am

jjrocker1999 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:07 pmbut at least in most games, there are classes that are more built to support that style of play and was just wondering of recommendations for that. I would prefer to at least be competent in most if not all of the other forms of content, however, I'm aware that some sacrifices would have to be made and that it is very unlikely that you would get the best of all worlds here.
Although RoR is primarily a team-based game solo gameplay is still possible and can be quite fun ( once you get geared and experienced ) . In a 1vsx situation tank classes can do well, in particular the IB(Ironbreaker) and Chosen are suited for it due to being tough but still able to dish out dps ( although you will get kited ). Stealth classes (WH/WE) and the AM/Shaman are good picks as well. If you are skilled enough the SW(Assault spec, learn to kite ) and Squigherder can be quite effective. I've heard good stuff about engineer/magus but i lack experience.

While fun and effective in team-combat i would stay away from the White lion/Marauder for soloing, unless all you plan to do is hunt down goblins/squishies. Good luck.

Ads
Berezina

Post#9 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:14 pm

Dps dok by far with bis gear ofc, dont be that dominator player
WH/WE to a certain extent
Sham/AM/Squig in some situation
Forget tanks, lack of burst you'll never down people fast enough

I'm mostly a solo/duo roamer, and played dps dok for very long, WH and SW too, and dps dok will give you the best 1vX potential, AM and SW are your worst match up but with some good use of detaunt, flee and/or a lucky parry on SW kd, you can make proper "outplay".
You'll shine againt melees, its where your 1vX potential is at his best, you'll be a nightmare for those WH parties. You have enough tools for 1vX, lot of parry + sustain to survive, good burst+execute to shut down the weakest target fast enough, armor pen, ap drain, hd etc
But the class is still a meme and trash, you have no mobility at all and no kd, every kiter will destroy you as I said, unless you managed an outplay.

edit: to reply the guy below, dps dok is literally the best class against geared solo roamers (non kiter), it doesnt crumble, 1v1 and 1v2 is the whole point of the class
Last edited by Berezina on Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

nat3s

Post#10 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:09 pm

Regen WH is very strong, but dps AM/shaman are better imo. DPS DoK is ok, but only against non 1v1 setup chars, they crumble to properly geared out solo roamers.

RoR.builders - Shaman

Run dual hot setup and make sure you Detaunt > AP drain before anything else once you've been jumped and you're good.

A decent def magus will also destroy WHs in a 1v1.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG