Recent Topics

Ads

Classes with good 1vx

Let's talk about... everything else
Scottx125

Re: Classes with good 1vx

Post#21 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:05 pm

WP/DOK as DPS. You'll lose to kiting range but every melee does unless they have a distance closer. Problem is outside of 1v1 maybe 1v2. You're useless. Exceptions can be made for Grace spec etc. But if you go into more than 6v6 to be useful you go heal spec.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Ads
ashton007

Post#22 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:51 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:05 pm WP/DOK as DPS. You'll lose to kiting range but every melee does unless they have a distance closer. Problem is outside of 1v1 maybe 1v2. You're useless. Exceptions can be made for Grace spec etc. But if you go into more than 6v6 to be useful you go heal spec.
This just isn’t true, I was a main slot ST dps WP for a long time, if you’re good enough people will love you in the ST party, you have ini debuff and healdebuff and you still have comparable burst to a ST WL. A good ST dok/WP is ok in city, just don’t try to melee in forts, shield or not, you’ll be useless.

Scottx125

Post#23 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:56 pm

ashton007 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:51 pm This just isn’t true, I was a main slot ST dps WP for a long time, if you’re good enough people will love you in the ST party, you have ini debuff and healdebuff and you still have comparable burst to a ST WL. A good ST dok/WP is ok in city, just don’t try to melee in forts, shield or not, you’ll be useless.
Ok being the definitive word in your comment. Ok isn't enough in cities. You bring your A team. Why would you choose to bring a DPS WP when you could have a WL, Slayer or Brighty? The damage just doesn't compare. Sure a WP might have decent burst but its sustained is pretty lacking. Maybe if you have a dedicated group build towards supporting the DPS WP then it might work. But that's a lot of effort just to get a DPS WP into a city or ORVR. It's better and easier to just throw in a nuke AOE BW into the party and win. Don't get me wrong, I love DPS WP and wish they were better than they are. But the truth is they aren't except with BiS gear and in small scale pvp.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Bloodmasked

Post#24 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:21 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:56 pm
ashton007 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:51 pm This just isn’t true, I was a main slot ST dps WP for a long time, if you’re good enough people will love you in the ST party, you have ini debuff and healdebuff and you still have comparable burst to a ST WL. A good ST dok/WP is ok in city, just don’t try to melee in forts, shield or not, you’ll be useless.
Ok being the definitive word in your comment. Ok isn't enough in cities. You bring your A team. Why would you choose to bring a DPS WP when you could have a WL, Slayer or Brighty? The damage just doesn't compare. Sure a WP might have decent burst but its sustained is pretty lacking. Maybe if you have a dedicated group build towards supporting the DPS WP then it might work. But that's a lot of effort just to get a DPS WP into a city or ORVR. It's better and easier to just throw in a nuke AOE BW into the party and win. Don't get me wrong, I love DPS WP and wish they were better than they are. But the truth is they aren't except with BiS gear and in small scale pvp.
this goes the same for DPS DOK, its just a way way weaker witch elf. all the dps specs can do is their channel heal, thats basically their only gimmick. the execute is pretty darn useless because you can hardly get people to 50% hp in the first place.