Recent Topics

Ads

New Cities!

Let's talk about... everything else
GamesBond
Former Staff

Re: New Cities!

Post#11 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:16 am

Toshutkidup wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:50 pm I want to know the purpose of them? Pve , Orvr?? What’s the point of it besides having it?
New city siege system that is different from the current one and that caters for the feedback of the community - so each pairing will have a unique siege system. New public interactive quests inside these cities and some more unplanned stuff that could be PvE or PvP.

We will surely share more details when available.

Ads
Lithenir

Post#12 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:23 am

Lothern confirmed :D

Toshutkidup

Post#13 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:57 am

GamesBond wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:16 am
New city siege system that is different from the current one and that caters for the feedback of the community - so each pairing will have a unique siege system. New public interactive quests inside these cities and some more unplanned stuff that could be PvE or PvP.

We will surely share more details when available.
Hmm ok, well ok will see what future brings
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

NSKaneda

Post#14 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:43 am

Today was the happiest day I had in Warhammer Online since the launch of original game - new city (I've only explored K8P so far) is breathtaking (both literally and figuratively) and feels so alive with NPCs reacting to players, with it's districts, greenskin tribes, heroes and champions - and it's truly massive, took me 3 hours to explore and I still haven't seen everything!

From the bottom of my heart: thank you for the hard work, dedication and willpower it took to bring this 13 year old dream to life!
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Tertilus

Post#15 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:59 am

Since no one else has asked clearly I am missing something obvious, but... how does one get to these new cities? I see in the patch notes that the Dwarven city for example is located in the World's Edge Mountains, but I have been away from the game awhile and that means nothing to me. Somebody point a dwarf in the proper direction. Please.

Caduceus

Post#16 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:43 am

Congratulations to the devs for such a beautiful milestone in RoR's history.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

ravezaar

Post#17 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:13 am

Both are amazing looking, and I love them, K8pks is abit more messy, like a maze and hard to travel thro. Yea very nice work Devs. It wont impact Campign wich still is in most need of help but its very nice to see the Capitals in play.

Des pocket item quest is bugged, while Order work: Gud Eatz sadly
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

xpander
Community Management

Post#18 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:12 am

Tertilus wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:59 am Since no one else has asked clearly I am missing something obvious, but... how does one get to these new cities? I see in the patch notes that the Dwarven city for example is located in the World's Edge Mountains, but I have been away from the game awhile and that means nothing to me. Somebody point a dwarf in the proper direction. Please.

Currently you can enter both cites from the Fortress (Doors behind the Fort)
There will eventually be flightmaster points to get into them directly.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Ads
Thraces

Post#19 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:16 pm

Noob question, but how do I find the new cities?

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#20 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:04 pm

Thraces wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:16 pm Noob question, but how do I find the new cities?
You can ride to the respective Forts of the two factions, then head to the city gates. There's a portal there.
You can also skip the roleplay and use the portal that's available in Altdorf and IC.

Note that in the next patch, we're removing the portals and the cities will be accessible normally, just like Altdorf and IC.