Recent Topics

Ads

[Saga event] suprise

Let's talk about... everything else
Caduceus

Re: [Saga event] suprise

Post#21 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:01 am

I personally like the rewards and enjoyed the Stronghold Saga, but I can see why some people might be disappointed.

One could ask themselves what exactly the purpose was of only revealing the three rewards at the end. The fact that the ultimate reward was a secret caused much speculation, but the rewards weren't a lot more special than the rewards from some other events.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Ads
Zamoth

Post#22 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:16 pm

To sum it up: the rewards are in no way worth the grind. I was joking all the time that it would turn out this way with a cloak or smtg. But secretly I hoped for a cool unique mount or so.... Now i learned the hard way never to do such a Grindfest - Event again when the rewards are not shown in advance.
Deadwing 85
Zamoth 80
Verthexxa 84

ashton007

Post#23 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:58 pm

I’m more disappointed with the event weapon appearance that thing looks like a tambourine for orcs. They really should have added sov Weapons To breathe life back in the cities

Vance

Post#24 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:04 pm

Same as Zamoth. Definetely was NOT expecting something like a 5% in all stats item (come on, that is just ridiculious), but also something like a unique permanent mount for example.

You just have to compare the time and effort you put in to get all the tasks done (i.e. honestly 200 dwarf kills for destro only in Barak Varr/Mourkain Temple/Ironclad without any SC pops for those.. 1 in 2 hours maybe with 1-2 dwarfs in it, sometimes no pop at all in the evening).

Do you guys really think those rewards are equivalent to the time and effort you had to put in to get all tasks done? (surely that was not for "free").

Really like the new cities and those quest stuff you can get. Honestely THOSE would have been a better event reward.

Vance / Leechking
Vance | Leechking
Preferred Playstyle 6vX (AAO Fights)

Guild-Group Player Verzweiflung | Despair
"We bring [Despair] :twisted:"

Mruvka

Post#25 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:06 pm

Zamoth wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:16 pm To sum it up: the rewards are in no way worth the grind. I was joking all the time that it would turn out this way with a cloak or smtg. But secretly I hoped for a cool unique mount or so.... Now i learned the hard way never to do such a Grindfest - Event again when the rewards are not shown in advance.
100% agreed, I think the Stronghold Saga outcome will really discourage players from taking part in an event of such scale in the future, unless all the rewards are explicitly revealed beforehand.
Titillation - 82 RR WL
Shibboleth - 81 RR WP
Mrun - 20 RR IB

BackIn2021OldPlanB

Post#26 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:18 pm

Crap event with crappy final reward.

So much PVE torture in an, allegedly, PVP MMORPG for a trolling elite reward.

wonshot

Post#27 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:26 pm

Ah good old reward driven RoR community.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

DaWolf

Post#28 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:34 pm

I have to play in a game !!! WTF ?!! :D

Thank you for all the work you do on your own time.

Just a quick thing since I'm in the area. Next time if the reward is account bound... it would be nice if the quests were too. I like to play several characters, I could have done the quests a little on one, a little on the other, rather than having to do them on only one (I didn't do them, by the way).

Ads
sogeou

Post#29 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:13 pm

wonshot wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:26 pm Ah good old reward driven RoR community.
I mean, Dev's 100% knew if people knew the rewards most would not have done it. So, I don't think there is anything wrong with people asking what the rewards are. With New World around in a week most people are on borrowed time so a lot of those kill quest are going to be hard to get done.

Vri

Post#30 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:27 pm

Grock wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:56 am Hunting for relics was fun, but trying to find 25 black orcs in T1 to kill was absolutely not fun. Still stuck at 10/25 after two weeks of trying and Gates of Ekrund never pops.

Considering the length and difficulty of the event i hoped for something more than cloak/trophy like other events. Although i suppose there's not a lot of options.
Personally i thought its gonna be an early access ticket to the new capitals (c'mon it was obvious after the teaser :roll: )
The kill counts needed on BOs was far from fun. I still need a few more kills for an SC in part 2 Blood in The Water.