Ads

Blast potions pros & cons debate

Let's talk about... everything else
GamesBond
Former Staff

Re: Blast potions pros & cons debate

Post#31 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:04 am

Lornetorne wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:05 pm
Caduceus wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:11 am Does anyone have (non-anecdotal) proof of blast pots causing lag recently, or of warbands trying to weaponize this lag? Of both I am highly skeptical.
Im with you on this. I don't personally believe there is any proof behind them causing lag. I think some people are twisting the facts for their own benefit.

I do wish they would at least maybe make them single target. Like a consumable single target Dot. I find they are incredibly useful in certain situations. They have proved useful many times in my time roaming,
No, people are not 'twisting the facts for their own benefit' - after all if no one uses them, that benefit is really ripped from everyone and if everyone uses them, then they could all hinder the performance equally. So what's the benefit of everyone messing with everyone's performance? There's no way to really narrow it completely down to blast pots, but the way they work and they interact with the client, the way calculations happen and go back & forth are simply enough in my opinion which is why I asked for them to be removed.

It's a request that has been asked several times by the community over years, the benefits of blast pots are not equivalent to the performance issues they bring along whether people would like to admit it or not. The crushing majority wants them removed, in fact no guild leader or warband leader has firmly rejected the removal of the blast pots and I am in contact with all of them on Discord.

The current argument I find here is "if there's no proof" - there's really no fruitful argument to why they should remain in the game when their removal is positive to everyone. Let's look at the bigger picture, don't make your feedback just a way to throttle decisions.

Ads
Zeerow

Post#32 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:39 am

As far as i've noticed in WB clashes there were two things that always lagged me the hell out - 24 Blast Pots thrown at us, and Squig using Bad Gas + Bounce.

There's something wrong with those two animations (Squig ones), if theres more than one squig coming at us i might as well ALT+F4 O.o

Previously the Runepriest Buff was causing lag on the person getting it, thankfully it's fixed now, maybe there's something wrong with the squig too and it's worth looking into.

Ppl with high end pc's were affected by it.

As someone stated above - Performance > Design

Fenris78

Post#33 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:05 am

Caduceus wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:11 am Does anyone have (non-anecdotal) proof of blast pots causing lag recently, or of warbands trying to weaponize this lag? Of both I am highly skeptical.
Im with you on this. I don't personally believe there is any proof behind them causing lag. I think some people are twisting the facts for their own benefit.
The staff would not have disabled napalm pots if there was no solid evidences of those being weaponized.

At a personal level, I play only Order side, but each time I crashed (me and multiple other people around, including my guildmates), I checked the chat were was mentioned "that guild famous lagpush again", and saw, indeed, a large portion (at least 1 wb) of players from "that guild".
I almost never crashed in fort, except when facing players from "that guild" in consequent numbers. Coincidence ? I dont think so, judging the years of playing I have behind me.

It was also reported multiple times, both bragging on their discord "the way to lag people", and from various Destro players who witness calls like "3, 2, 1... lag them !".
It cannot be all gossips and urban rumours without some concrete evidences behind. That's why Staff decided to disable blast pots until a fix is found (hopefully) in a foreseeable future.

I vastly prefer a nice QoL feature to prevent people crashing on critical moments, than an anecdotical, non-stacking, merely damaging, AoE every 5 min.
But I agree opinions may diverge ;)

Lornetorne

Post#34 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:41 pm

GamesBond wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:04 am

I do wish they would at least maybe make them single target. Like a consumable single target Dot. I find they are incredibly useful in certain situations. They have proved useful many times in my time roaming,
No, people are not 'twisting the facts for their own benefit' - after all if no one uses them, that benefit is really ripped from everyone and if everyone uses them, then they could all hinder the performance equally. So what's the benefit of everyone messing with everyone's performance? There's no way to really narrow it completely down to blast pots, but the way they work and they interact with the client, the way calculations happen and go back & forth are simply enough in my opinion which is why I asked for them to be removed.

It's a request that has been asked several times by the community over years, the benefits of blast pots are not equivalent to the performance issues they bring along whether people would like to admit it or not. The crushing majority wants them removed, in fact no guild leader or warband leader has firmly rejected the removal of the blast pots and I am in contact with all of them on Discord.

The current argument I find here is "if there's no proof" - there's really no fruitful argument to why they should remain in the game when their removal is positive to everyone. Let's look at the bigger picture, don't make your feedback just a way to throttle decisions.

Would it be possible to make them a single target DoT?