As from last patch this was changed:
Since I started playing back in like 2017 Blastpotions have always seemed to be a hot debate topic. between players. And Team members.- Blast pots have been disabled. There has been many reports that these cause frame rate drops on the clients, and the value they bring to gameplay isn't really worth that drawback. So for now they have been disabled.
So now they are disabled, and a few days have passed.
How about we finally have the debate of if they add more to the game, than they potentially limmit performance?
From the arguements ive heard around the community the pros and cons list goes something like this.
- Melee chars get a tool for getting in combat and "tagging" aoe if a class dont have such an option (mostly stealthers)
- Having these adds more flavor and echonomic spread to some of the crafting professions.
- A player having the gold and resouces to use them can get a slight edge over other players (mmo mindset of having advantages)
- They add too many strings of combat parsing which can make performance go poof in big fights.
- Not everyone is fan of when pvp games become a "consumeable war"
My personal view is that these dont really match what you potentially gain as advantage, compaired to what they can break in terms of performance. So overall i dont think they are worth keeping in the game, despite being a heavy Blast potion user myself for 3years now.
My issue then becomes, if Blast potions are removed but Tacky snare potion are still in the game, will players not just swap over to those potions and we end up with just 20% snare being thrown around. As a backside of removing tacky pots aswel, some kiting classes with no available snare like Sorc, might face a rougher time staying at distance.
What are your thourghts?