Ads

Can Devs look into new exploit disconnect / crash in combat

Let's talk about... everything else
sogeou

Re: Can Devs look into new exploit disconnect / crash in combat

Post#11 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:36 pm

Ekundu01 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:32 pm
sogeou wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:10 pm
Ekundu01 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:02 pm It looks like maybe he war reported out. Even though the pet hit you it doesn't actually put the SH in combat until either you hit them or they hit you.
No, the person in that video has done this mid fight while being attacked / fighting for 10-15 seconds. Their whole group knows how to do this.
Your limited clip you linked didn't show that though. It looked as if he was not in combat and possibly stream sniping and knew it was coming so he war reported before you could hit him. Not saying what you are saying happens isn't happening just stating in that clip it looks as if he war reported out because he was never hit in that clip.
He did it last night the same things while getting attacked by 4 melee in a 15 second fight.

Ads
Ekundu01

Post#12 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:43 pm

sogeou wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:36 pm
sogeou wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:10 pm

No, the person in that video has done this mid fight while being attacked / fighting for 10-15 seconds. Their whole group knows how to do this.
Your limited clip you linked didn't show that though. It looked as if he was not in combat and possibly stream sniping and knew it was coming so he war reported before you could hit him. Not saying what you are saying happens isn't happening just stating in that clip it looks as if he war reported out because he was never hit in that clip.
He did it last night the same things while getting attacked by 4 melee in a 15 second fight.
Well then you should have linked that clip instead of the one you chose to use in the OP. Or make a bug report/send the clip that actually shows it happening while getting hit by 4 people to a GM. :idea:
Trismack

sogeou

Post#13 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:45 pm

Ekundu01 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:43 pm
sogeou wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:36 pm

Well then you should have linked that clip instead of the one you chose to use in the OP. Or make a bug report/send the clip that actually shows it happening while getting hit by 4 people to a GM. :idea:
Tried to save it via shadow play, but it was turned off. Don't worry they do it everyday. Easy to get a video.

Also in that clip you can watch the whole thing. SH was attacking and still in combat. Also the knight was next to him which would have kept him in combat. Also, the person knew that SH was going to do it because they do it all the time while in combat.
Last edited by sogeou on Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

navis

Post#14 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:47 pm

I've seen it, but usually in RvR, not inside scenarios.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#15 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:34 pm

and thats why war report should have a cast time ;)

sogeou

Post#16 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:59 pm

saupreusse wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:34 pm and thats why war report should have a cast time ;)
I think a 3-5 second cast would be good. But, would be better to add some changes to uncleanly disconnecting as well because you don't get the death.

Vri

Post#17 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:07 pm

sogeou wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:59 pm
saupreusse wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:34 pm and thats why war report should have a cast time ;)
I think a 3-5 second cast would be good. But, would be better to add some changes to uncleanly disconnecting as well because you don't get the death.
No need to change something that isnt broken, until we know whats going on with this issue.

tazdingo

Post#18 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:40 am

rampant use of this just now in a 180aao fort, all whs... very classy. i was recording

enjoy playing vs empty zones during na in a few months if you keep on like this. inb4 stealth i know what stealth looks like and i know what someone being dogpiled by 7 melee and then disappearing looks like

Ads
Karl

Post#19 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:23 am

Agree, this is something devs are looking into - according to reply i got in other thread on same issue - should be same conditions as when you call your pony :)

saupreusse
Developer

Post#20 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:35 am

Vri wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:07 pm
sogeou wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:59 pm
No need to change something that isnt broken, until we know whats going on with this issue.
then i will keep on abusing it and make a youtube montage called: "saup teleports out of fights because he can" 8-)