Recent Topics

Ads

Can Devs look into new exploit disconnect / crash in combat

Let's talk about... everything else
sogeou

Can Devs look into new exploit disconnect / crash in combat

Post#1 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:45 pm

Hello RoR Team,

There has been a huge amount of players using disconnect / crashing while fighting in pvp. There seems to be a new system / exploit where fighting someone in combat for 10-15 seconds and they start to lose they disconnect, but it does not say player has disconnected uncleanly. Not sure if they found a pocket item or some way to bypass a system to travel.

Here is a video of what it looks like.

https://www.twitch.tv/gravord/clip/Ugli ... AL8fbV3UAs

It seems the people in this guild above all do this. I see everyone in T1 talking about it. They even have a streamer who plays and does it while streaming.

I have seen a lot of people doing it of late, but I have a small list of players if you need to check the logs to see what it is they are doing.

It would be great when a person does something like they are not logged out for 20-30 seconds and die. Then auto rez, so they can be killed again. Just have it be a feed back loop to prevent this from happening. Also add a server wide message that X person was defeated and choose to disconnect uncleanly.

Please help as I am sure you don't want this type of behavior around.

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Re: Can Devs look into new exploit disconnect / crash in combat

Post#2 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:26 pm

you should open up a bugtracker ticket:
https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs

sogeou

Post#3 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:44 pm

saupreusse wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:26 pm you should open up a bugtracker ticket:
I can't really open a bug tracker if I have no idea what is going on tho. Which is why the devs need to look at the player logs to see what is being done.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#4 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:49 pm

sogeou wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:44 pm
saupreusse wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:26 pm you should open up a bugtracker ticket:
I can't really open a bug tracker if I have no idea what is going on tho. Which is why the devs need to look at the player logs to see what is being done.
afaik there are no player logs to begin with. at least there werent when i was in the team. you should open a bugtracker post and describe what happened. probably there are other people who can give more input. maybe a dev even already knows a fix but doesnt read all the forum topics...

Garamore

Post#5 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:50 pm

Who actually cares that much about when they die to use an exploit to log out.......
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Ekundu01

Post#6 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:02 pm

It looks like maybe he war reported out. Even though the pet hit you it doesn't actually put the SH in combat until either you hit them or they hit you.
Trismack

sogeou

Post#7 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:08 pm

Garamore wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:50 pm Who actually cares that much about when they die to use an exploit to log out.......
A lot of try hards who don't want to die do it. Because it does not count as a death.

sogeou

Post#8 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:10 pm

Ekundu01 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:02 pm It looks like maybe he war reported out. Even though the pet hit you it doesn't actually put the SH in combat until either you hit them or they hit you.
No, the person in that video has done this mid fight while being attacked / fighting for 10-15 seconds. Their whole group knows how to do this.

Ads
Talladego

Post#9 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:20 pm

In scenarios /afk kicks you out immediately even when in combat.

Ekundu01

Post#10 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:32 pm

sogeou wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:10 pm
Ekundu01 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:02 pm It looks like maybe he war reported out. Even though the pet hit you it doesn't actually put the SH in combat until either you hit them or they hit you.
No, the person in that video has done this mid fight while being attacked / fighting for 10-15 seconds. Their whole group knows how to do this.
Your limited clip you linked didn't show that though. It looked as if he was not in combat and possibly stream sniping and knew it was coming so he war reported before you could hit him. Not saying what you are saying happens isn't happening just stating in that clip it looks as if he war reported out because he was never hit in that clip.
Trismack