Recent Topics

Ads

what the new city bring to the game ??

Let's talk about... everything else
Glorian

Re: what the new city bring to the game ??

Post#21 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:26 am

People are still under the impression that the RoR dev team is like a regular software team.

Regular software team: Project lead decides the new features, put the developers on tasks. Developers do what they are told.

Dev1: Hey I want to build a dwarven city, anyone wants to help me?
Dev2: Can’t, I am working on ranked because I think that it would be cool to be better.
Dev3: Can’t, I want to change Lorgrins Forge because that explosion is a stupid mechanic.

RoR Project Lead: Ok, dev1 and dev2 go on. Dev3, that is done, maybe you want to revive that other old SC.

Ads
MaxHayman
Management

Post#22 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:58 am

Things are worked on in parallel as always. Work on these cities started before City Sieges in Altdorf and The Inevitable City were released (probably even before Fortresses were released).

As you can see the new Cities required a lot of 3d Modellers, whereas Land of the Dead doesn't. Different developers work on different things at different times.

At the moment the new cities don't have things like City Sieges, Public Quests or Dungeons. However we wanted to get the cities out so people could finally experience them, otherwise it could have been another year to get that stuff working. Or perhaps we would wait until the Elf cities were finsihed also.
Max Hayman

Acidic

Post#23 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:10 pm

MaxHayman wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:58 am Things are worked on in parallel as always. Work on these cities started before City Sieges in Altdorf and The Inevitable City were released (probably even before Fortresses were released).

As you can see the new Cities required a lot of 3d Modellers, whereas Land of the Dead doesn't. Different developers work on different things at different times.

At the moment the new cities don't have things like City Sieges, Public Quests or Dungeons. However we wanted to get the cities out so people could finally experience them, otherwise it could have been another year to get that stuff working. Or perhaps we would wait until the Elf cities were finsihed also.
“ until Elf city finished” , ohhh that sounds like elf city are being made. Leak that video now!!

GRUSZKA

Post#24 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:45 pm

New cities are great, with all these quests, hidden quests, secret passages, tons of Warhammer lore incorporated, awesome look and huge size!
This is a dark age, a bloody age, an age of daemons and of sorcery. It is an age of battle and death, and of the world's ending. Amidst all of the fire, flame and fury it is a time, too, of mighty heroes, of bold deeds and great courage.

mogt

Post#25 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:08 pm

MaxHayman wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:58 am Things are worked on in parallel as always. Work on these cities started before City Sieges in Altdorf and The Inevitable City were released (probably even before Fortresses were released).

you and the team do a very beauftiful work. your explanation is right. the problem many players have is following: the players have no interest how hard is the work behind the sceneces. many forget, that you and the other teammembers do this work in the freetime.

many thnk the ror team us the same how a dev team in a big company, and that is false. and this must learn the players that they cry, change many things etc.

Stahn123
Banned

Post#26 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:28 pm

Acidic wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:16 am The new cities are very cool. Devs did a awesome job being able to release them.

Currently they are “just” PVE but there is no constrains for them to expand how they fit into the total picture. Stepping stones and this one was a big step and it is interesting to see them, they have always been covered by mystic smoke and leaked vids. To actually go in them is cool.

But imagine the fun if in future releases when u take the fort associated with a city you could enter the city and have it as a open fighting zone.
Actual orvr in city environment soo cool, possibilities and dreams
Yeah, I can see how Order would enjoy this. Destro would never see it, but I can see how Order would enjoy more content made for them.

don775

Post#27 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:21 pm

We appreciate the project and we want to assist too so it will flourish, that's the bottom line.

Stahn123
Banned

Post#28 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:46 pm

The cities basically brought a bunch of "epic" quests. A bunch of level 36 blue rewards equal to the epics from the t4 zones, but you have to run through t1-t4 zones and kill heroes and such to get them, meaning they require a small group to get them done. Basically if you are 40+ the new cities gave you 2 new pocket items, a few renown potions, and a place to buy your items while your city is being burned down.

That's just so far. I've done most of the quests in them and haven't found any reward a level 40 would use as of yet, but I'm only 38 on the character doing them. There may be others that haven't opened yet with rewards ACTUALLY worth doing that aren't bugged or broken. Hopefully there is something here that is useful or meaty content or the cities are going to very soon lose their luster and be more of a waiting area for city sieges and leveling characters who aren't 40 via a pve route because they are so hopelessly outnumbered in rvr. More of the quests need to give armor and such as most give weapons or just money. If it's meant to gear players to prep for 40 dungeons, they need actual gear beyond weapons to be useful. A few armor pieces of the same level wouldn't hurt, and making them look cool would encourage more players to do them even if it's just for the cosmetic.

Still trying to find quests there with decent rewards to share with the community that are worth doing. Doing ALL of them takes time, some are bugged for which reports have been filed and need to be patched, etc. But if I find anything worth doing, I will put it on the forums which lines to work on, which lines pair well with those good quest lines to maximize your time and efforts in the zones, and what the rewards are.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#29 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:53 pm

Stahn123 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:46 pm The cities basically brought a bunch of "epic" quests. A bunch of level 36 blue rewards equal to the epics from the t4 zones, but you have to run through t1-t4 zones and kill heroes and such to get them, meaning they require a small group to get them done. Basically if you are 40+ the new cities gave you 2 new pocket items, a few renown potions, and a place to buy your items while your city is being burned down.

That's just so far. I've done most of the quests in them and haven't found any reward a level 40 would use as of yet, but I'm only 38 on the character doing them. There may be others that haven't opened yet with rewards ACTUALLY worth doing that aren't bugged or broken. Hopefully there is something here that is useful or meaty content or the cities are going to very soon lose their luster and be more of a waiting area for city sieges and leveling characters who aren't 40 via a pve route because they are so hopelessly outnumbered in rvr. More of the quests need to give armor and such as most give weapons or just money. If it's meant to gear players to prep for 40 dungeons, they need actual gear beyond weapons to be useful. A few armor pieces of the same level wouldn't hurt, and making them look cool would encourage more players to do them even if it's just for the cosmetic.

Still trying to find quests there with decent rewards to share with the community that are worth doing. Doing ALL of them takes time, some are bugged for which reports have been filed and need to be patched, etc. But if I find anything worth doing, I will put it on the forums which lines to work on, which lines pair well with those good quest lines to maximize your time and efforts in the zones, and what the rewards are.
There aren't any R40+ dungeon caliber level rewards to be gained from City quests that don't have you do that type of challenging content. This wasn't a new top tier dungeon release, your expectations seem a bit skewed. If you're only doing the quests to find some incredible top end gear to rival Invader or something, it's not there. Enjoy the quests for the new stories that are being shared and the places you get to visit. It's about adding layers to the game and delivering on very very old promises.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Skullgrin

Post#30 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:35 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:53 pm There aren't any R40+ dungeon caliber level rewards to be gained from City quests that don't have you do that type of challenging content. This wasn't a new top tier dungeon release, your expectations seem a bit skewed. If you're only doing the quests to find some incredible top end gear to rival Invader or something, it's not there. Enjoy the quests for the new stories that are being shared and the places you get to visit. It's about adding layers to the game and delivering on very very old promises.

Speaking for myself, I think you guys have done a great job with the new quests even if they aren't endgame gear. The stories behind them are entertaining, and for their level most of the gear rewards are very desirable.

One of the items that I remember being surprised by was a level 9 cloak at the end of a chain of Dark Elf quests. It had decent stats and resists for that level, but also had some armor and 1% less to be crit. That cloak should probably be put on some kind of must have gear list for players of that level, it really is that nice. The only thing I was disappointed about with it was that it could have had a Dark Elf unique appearance rather than generic skin it does have. But then again, that's why I'm doing all of these low level quests, I'm hoping that you guys may have hidden in some unique appearance items somewhere. :D

And as to the OP's question - the cities bring new, original content. Who in their right mind would turn down that?
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80