Recent Topics

Ads

what the new city bring to the game ??

Let's talk about... everything else
Dan666

what the new city bring to the game ??

Post#1 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:22 am

hello everyone

2 night in a row i try to fly too The Inevitable City and get warp to this new giant maze of city , i drop there so confuse and can not queue for the maw or def the city ,i`m just confusing and lost inside this giant dead maze , i dont understand why to have a new city after 13 year ??? , what this bring to the game in term of gameplay ? compare to have land of the dead
thank you for answer

https://youtu.be/FUrytA3jJJA

Ads
b00n

Re: what the new city bring to the game ??

Post#2 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:32 am

i can understand your frustration. This new cities are designed by the artists and they populated it from scratch. While this is a creative tasks with things they can design completely free. Land of the dead needs to be replicated correctly, and here there could be the problem.

have you tried /stuck /stuck ? It would have ported you to start area Or you could have queued by other ppl.
Destro: Chosen 85+, Zealot 80+, Sorceress 80+, Dok 80+, BG 80+, Magus 80+, Choppa 80+, WitchElf 80+
Order: SM 64, Warrior Priest 47, AM, BrightWizard, ShadowWarrior, Kotbs

BluIzLucky

Post#3 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:43 am

Oh boy.. Grandpa is lost again..
"Back in my day we only had two cities and that's all we needed"
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Darks63

Post#4 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:54 am

My guess is its easier to make two cities with pure pve content with no pqs than to bring about an area that is a pvepvp zone with special entrance requirements, 4 minor tomb encounters, 13ish pqs one of which is used to open a major tomb, a world boss encounter, and a major tomb that also has pvepvp elements.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

zulnam

Post#5 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:01 am

You struggled two days to get into the new city?

New RvR campaign mechanics. That what new city bring.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Gladiolix

Post#6 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:09 am

GamesBond wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:16 am
Toshutkidup wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:50 pm I want to know the purpose of them? Pve , Orvr?? What’s the point of it besides having it?
New city siege system that is different from the current one and that caters for the feedback of the community - so each pairing will have a unique siege system. New public interactive quests inside these cities and some more unplanned stuff that could be PvE or PvP.

We will surely share more details when available.
So the cities will be a platform for upcoming content, other than being a great feat of engineering by RoR team.
BluIzLucky wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:43 am Oh boy.. Grandpa is lost again..
"Back in my day we only had two cities and that's all we needed"
Made me laugh so hard :D
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr85)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr85)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr84)

KoBS rr70+, BW rr70+, WP rr60+

Caduceus

Post#7 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:51 am

Questing and exploring in the new cities has already produced hours of fun for my friends and I, and we've barely scratched the surface.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

tazdingo

Post#8 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:08 am

this is a warhammer game... it counts for nothing? if all you care about is numbers go play with spreadsheets

Ads
Acidic

Post#9 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:16 am

The new cities are very cool. Devs did a awesome job being able to release them.

Currently they are “just” PVE but there is no constrains for them to expand how they fit into the total picture. Stepping stones and this one was a big step and it is interesting to see them, they have always been covered by mystic smoke and leaked vids. To actually go in them is cool.

But imagine the fun if in future releases when u take the fort associated with a city you could enter the city and have it as a open fighting zone.
Actual orvr in city environment soo cool, possibilities and dreams

abezverkhiy

Post#10 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:39 pm

I expected such thread. Do not be ungrateful ****, they will populate them gradually as they rebuilt this whole game.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354