Recent Topics

Ads

what the new city bring to the game ??

Let's talk about... everything else
vanbuinen77

Re: what the new city bring to the game ??

Post#31 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:16 pm

Are the new City Quests on the Wiki?
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman

Ads
Stahn123
Banned

Post#32 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:50 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:53 pm
Stahn123 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:46 pm The cities basically brought a bunch of "epic" quests. A bunch of level 36 blue rewards equal to the epics from the t4 zones, but you have to run through t1-t4 zones and kill heroes and such to get them, meaning they require a small group to get them done. Basically if you are 40+ the new cities gave you 2 new pocket items, a few renown potions, and a place to buy your items while your city is being burned down.

That's just so far. I've done most of the quests in them and haven't found any reward a level 40 would use as of yet, but I'm only 38 on the character doing them. There may be others that haven't opened yet with rewards ACTUALLY worth doing that aren't bugged or broken. Hopefully there is something here that is useful or meaty content or the cities are going to very soon lose their luster and be more of a waiting area for city sieges and leveling characters who aren't 40 via a pve route because they are so hopelessly outnumbered in rvr. More of the quests need to give armor and such as most give weapons or just money. If it's meant to gear players to prep for 40 dungeons, they need actual gear beyond weapons to be useful. A few armor pieces of the same level wouldn't hurt, and making them look cool would encourage more players to do them even if it's just for the cosmetic.

Still trying to find quests there with decent rewards to share with the community that are worth doing. Doing ALL of them takes time, some are bugged for which reports have been filed and need to be patched, etc. But if I find anything worth doing, I will put it on the forums which lines to work on, which lines pair well with those good quest lines to maximize your time and efforts in the zones, and what the rewards are.
There aren't any R40+ dungeon caliber level rewards to be gained from City quests that don't have you do that type of challenging content. This wasn't a new top tier dungeon release, your expectations seem a bit skewed. If you're only doing the quests to find some incredible top end gear to rival Invader or something, it's not there. Enjoy the quests for the new stories that are being shared and the places you get to visit. It's about adding layers to the game and delivering on very very old promises.
It's not about JUST finding gear, but pve in this game is generally ignored because the loot from it is extremely subpar to pvp. So, hoping for something that allows for cool looking or alternative gear methods shouldn't be a pipe dream. It's not about finding warlord gear from a low quest, but a decent item or 3 that isn't easily passed over for others wouldn't be a bad thing. Something for a new or newish 40 to use would be nice. The epics get your through the 30s, but once you hit 40 they fall off in usefulness quickly, and these quests have you killing level 40 heroes and lords, yet give rewards weaker than the greenskin t4 that you can do in an hour, yet have you travel from t1 through t4 to get a weapon with literally the same stats with a different skin. A unique skin, a piece of armor or two, something to get along the way beyond exp and money would be nice. It's not about finding the super awesome stuff, but finding something useful. Obviously the best stuff is hidden behind a wall that no quest will touch, there are no new dungeons, so the rewards have only 1 other use: Finding something useful for the fresh 40s. Players like the story, but it's the rewards they are chasing. You do the story once and most will just click through it, if they even read it the first time. *I* am reading it, but I wouldn't need to do it twice. Promises are great, but if you want to get people to do the content, there needs to be something at the end to do it more than once. I doubt you want all that work to be gone in just 1 run through, right? Right. Like HV, gear isn't bad and is an alternative in stats/look that people still do it. Finding some "starter" gear for the 40's when the rvr is total crap would be useful, even if it's not a set, though that would be interesting to see as well. Many of the quests require PQ's to be farmed and Hero's and Lords to be put down. A nice looking but not overly powerful armor set with some weapons for completing all the chains in a series maybe? Or an unlock in the ToK that allows armor to be bought once the quests are complete? Players chase carrots and the best way to get them to do content is to give them something they can use and continue to use or consume. (like the talisman from bb/be and c/t) Just ideas to kick around content that is already present so the amount of work to implement them is minimal beyond designing them. Add them to the cities library, then if elf cities ever come in, you can do the same thing there or even add them to IC/Altdorf when you get around to it.

TLDR: it's not just about gear. It's about graphics and things players find useful once they've seen the story. They won't repeat content that doesn't give them a reason to do so, and I can't imagine someone doing all that work and being happy with everyone only having 1 play through.

CountTalabecland

Post#33 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:08 am

sullemunk wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:06 pm The New cities also is avalible while the other Ones are under siege, so you still have a home to go to while that's happening.
Exactly, I am glad to have somewhere to go eek out a living besides gypsy altdorf on the side of a cliff while the unending city sieges are going on.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

lobeau

Post#34 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:12 pm

For me and I'm sure a lot of other players, the cities were a dream that became a broken promise playing on the live servers. It brought me a ton of joy to zone in and explore. Its been fun and impressive to see what the team put together out of passion.

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#35 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:32 pm

New cities were done by a different dev team than the main one entirely, btw.

Aside from Max (and dalen at the last 2 months-ish of the project) I had zero insight on the cities as a standard developer beyond their existence and maybe a few screenshots of art assets, and did not provide support for them.

It's incredible that they were done, but they did not detract from LOTD or anything.

SepticDisaster

Post#36 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:37 pm

The new cities are cool as hell, so much detail and so many little quest chains with interesting rewards. I think they did an amazing job, if you don’t like it then don’t go?

Omegus

Post#37 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:38 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:53 pmThere aren't any R40+ dungeon caliber level rewards to be gained from City quests that don't have you do that type of challenging content. This wasn't a new top tier dungeon release, your expectations seem a bit skewed. If you're only doing the quests to find some incredible top end gear to rival Invader or something, it's not there. Enjoy the quests for the new stories that are being shared and the places you get to visit. It's about adding layers to the game and delivering on very very old promises.
While I understand there not being top-tier loot from the city quests, having done the majority of the quest chains there do seem to be a few were the level of the equipment being offered doesn't match the level of the content you're being asked to do. For example: clearing out R40 heros and getting an R35 weapon as the quest reward, and so on. I know it's probably a low priority but I believe it would be a good if another pass was made at the rewards just to make sure you're not giving people items which they would have already out-levelled in order to actually complete the quest offering the item.

That's about my only complaint with the new content - the quests have been great fun, even getting ambushed by a R44 lord in KV after I tried to sabotage his gyrocopter :D. It's been fun clearing out PQs I haven't done on ROR and found loads of other random stuff in the world while doing so, such as stumbling upon the path up the mountain that Sigmar took (I didn't even know that existed) just by going "hmmm... I wonder where that path goes" while at the back of a PQ.

edit: as an example,I'm doing the "Flyin' Dangerously" quest and I have to kill a R40 hero. The reward is a R29 ring.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Meliannia

Post#38 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:58 am

High Elves can kill Dorf npcs in the new city so that's no bad thing.

tho in the last 1 year have Devs obsessed with both Destro and Dorfs

luckily for us Divine High Elves we can kill Destro outside of cities and we can kill Dorfs in the Dorf City as God intended

don't ever expect a High Elf City or a Shadow Warrior buff or Heal Archmage buff though, wont ever happen.

'Swords In The Wind."

Ads