Recent Topics

Ads

what the new city bring to the game ??

Let's talk about... everything else
Akalukz

Re: what the new city bring to the game ??

Post#11 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:43 pm

so no NPC's and such?
-= Agony =-

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#12 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:44 pm

Land of the Dead will never be the same. The amount of custom scripting involved to get all the weird PQ's working is lost to the ages. Some mechanics will be similar, but in large part it's going to serve a completely different purpose at ROR. If you're a Live server traditionalist, you might want to start piling up your salt now for when it eventually releases and fails to meet your expectations.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Fenris78

Post#13 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:52 pm

I very much enjoy new content, even if it's pure PvE ; some quests need you to do some RvR as well.

It's actually very impressive to read and see all the questlines that have been added, most of them being chain quests that teach you more about the lore, and lend you to explore new and old Dwarf/Greenskins zones.

There is a huge amount of work behind all of this and it's very satisfying to see everything running smoothly, wich great respect to the lore, praise to all dedicated enough people who brought to life such new (and vast) content.

Of course we can still criticize "less ergonomic" services patterns, being distributed amongst cities 3 times bigger than Alt/IC, slightly alleviated by some shortcuts (available after some questing done), but pretty much everything is already here for huge capital battles in a probable future (or not, still the content by itself is refreshing, despite being purely PvE).

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#14 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:06 pm

The New cities also is avalible while the other Ones are under siege, so you still have a home to go to while that's happening.
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

Paxsanarion

Post#15 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:11 pm

BluIzLucky wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:43 am Oh boy.. Grandpa is lost again..
"Back in my day we only had two cities and that's all we needed"
😃

Dan666

Post#16 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:45 pm

what i`m trying to say and ask , the new city make everything more complicated , and confusing for me , here why

back them the time you lost chaos waste , you use your book or take a fly to The Inevitable City you end on the back of the city and you just have to queue , everything is done quick with no time waste and is great because defend the city is only for a limited amount of time so you need to queue quick

right now what i experience

you get teleport so far from the maw and the time i drop there i just have 0 clue where i am now , i can not find the fly path inside this giant dead maze because any player are there . also can not fly back to Inevitable City ? , so what i`m suppose to do ??? for sure to have this new city dont simplify everything for me ??? what i`m suppose to do i`m looking for answer and help ??? thank you

ashton007

Post#17 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:41 am

Definitely think the flight masters could be closer to the rally master. I see the vision but people are too used to convenience at this point to start back stepping.

navis

Post#18 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:44 am

Just think of it in terms of PvE. If you want to roll a new character and roleplay your dwarf/greenskin class, you can. You never have to step foot in Empire cities, except for maybe the scenario quest guy.
And not just basic pve quests. Many of them are bringing much-needed life to the various PQ's throughout the tiers 1-4. I am enjoying the return to these areas and seems many others are too as you can see players are out doing them.

Ads
ashton007

Post#19 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:43 am

navis wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:44 am Just think of it in terms of PvE. If you want to roll a new character and roleplay your dwarf/greenskin class, you can. You never have to step foot in Empire cities, except for maybe the scenario quest guy.
And not just basic pve quests. Many of them are bringing much-needed life to the various PQ's throughout the tiers 1-4. I am enjoying the return to these areas and seems many others are too as you can see players are out doing them.
There actually is a sc quest guy in Karak, idk about peaks.

Darks63

Post#20 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:06 am

ashton007 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:41 am Definitely think the flight masters could be closer to the rally master. I see the vision but people are too used to convenience at this point to start back stepping.
This i very much agree with. if you log out or port there your better off just war reporting out rather than trying to get to the FM.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.