Recent Topics

Ads

2H Kobs or 2h SM ?

Let's talk about... everything else
rikthor89

2H Kobs or 2h SM ?

Post#1 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:43 pm

Hi guys
I'm undecided between leveling up kobs or SM. I state that I am also interested in solo play so I am oriented towards an HP regen parry build.

I read that Kobs does not do much damage and cannot kill anyone if there is a healer who supports him instead Sm has more damage and more mobility and therefore has many more opportunities to win a 1vsx battle where there is also a healer.

On the other hand, I have read that the Sm is less resistant than the Kobs .

so I would like to know from you if these rumors are true or is it just people who complain about their class and would like it to be enhanced? it would be enough for me to reproduce more or less the damage and resistance of my chosen 2h with build parry regen hp is it possible on SM or Kobs?

Ads
ashton007

Re: 2H Kobs or 2h SM ?

Post#2 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:52 pm

rikthor89 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:43 pm Hi guys
I'm undecided between leveling up kobs or SM. I state that I am also interested in solo play so I am oriented towards an HP regen parry build.

I read that Kobs does not do much damage and cannot kill anyone if there is a healer who supports him instead Sm has more damage and more mobility and therefore has many more opportunities to win a 1vsx battle where there is also a healer.

On the other hand, I have read that the Sm is less resistant than the Kobs .

so I would like to know from you if these rumors are true or is it just people who complain about their class and would like it to be enhanced? it would be enough for me to reproduce more or less the damage and resistance of my chosen 2h with build parry regen hp is it possible on SM or Kobs?
If you want dmg like chosen Sm does that and more also has better regen tactics. Knights damage depends heavily on armor debuff which he only has m1, Sm can debuff spirit effortlessly. I’d say you want an SM

Aethilmar

Post#3 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:55 pm

1) SM does do more damage
2) SM can't kill anything with healing support either though
3) Knight is generally far more survivable except when you have gone WoDS but ...
4) Knight can keep attacking while SM going WoDS is full defensive
5) SM has to be wary of all mdps while Knight laughs at them

So do you want to be a below average damage 2H tank with utility that doesn't die or a slightly above average (for a tank) "DPS" with crap utility?

Your choice.

rikthor89

Post#4 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:04 pm

sorry what does the term WoDS mean?

yes in fact my choice is more oriented towards the Kobs because of its usefulness in wb and in sc

I have both kobs and SM at 40 and since I have an 82 rr 2h Chosen I know how long and difficult it is to equip one so before choosing I wanted to know your experiences and advice.

Thank you

ashton007

Post#5 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:23 pm

rikthor89 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:04 pm sorry what does the term WoDS mean?

yes in fact my choice is more oriented towards the Kobs because of its usefulness in wb and in sc

I have both kobs and SM at 40 and since I have an 82 rr 2h Chosen I know how long and difficult it is to equip one so before choosing I wanted to know your experiences and advice.

Thank you
You might really like this build that requires 6pc sov, but it allows you to grab Both heals, the absorb, WW(cd reduction for group), and ether dance to have all your utility and considerable damage (still more than chosen) while being still very tough for a 2h tank, having one of the best utilities in the game, and having the most health regen of any tank possible that also heals party/WB. Kind of a Chinesehero style but I’m sure you play better

Fenris78

Post#6 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:32 pm

2H knight :
- Has been butchered of all his defensive tools, only left with crappy perseverance armor buff wich doesnt stack with other buffs. All other defensive skills and tactics being tied to shield only.
- Deals pityful damage and wont hit often, no armor debuff, no strikethrough options, physical damage only.
- Stat buffs wich are passive, but only 3 at a time.

Chosen is leagues ahead KotBS when it comes to 2H viability.

2H SM :
- You got plenty tactics to choose from, amongst them defensive for resilience (great weapon mastery, bolstering enchantment and/or Blessing of Hoeth for healing allies, 20% heal on yourself, and Vaul's Buffer if you want to play immortal solo tank), very efficient offensive ones (potent enchantment, 10% strikethrough tactics)
- You will hit pretty much everyone (discerning offense), hitting on debuffed spirit res (you have at least twice the damage of knight), and debuffing multiple stats at once with nature's blade + AoE skills, including initiative and weaponskill (120 stolen stats is huge when you have perma 3-4 at once on your party)
- You provide nice group buffs (Group absorb, Cooldown reducer, healing procs, stolen stats/armor buffs etc.)
- You got the best avoidance increaser of the game (+50% on all your defenses, and working 360° unlike hold the line), plus a 25% parry buff (only 5s tho... :/)
- You have the best 2H weapon proc of the game (Crimsonwind) for a tank.
- You can renown spec full defensive (3 Futile Strike, full Parry, full Disrupt, 3 Hardy concession) and deal very good damage while being very resilient.
- If you want to go SnB, the middle tree is very viable and some tactics are even better than the KotBS, (only Vigilance being superior to SM in middle tree).

Playing a 2H SM will not feel like being papermade or less useful for group, I garantee you. And you'll top-3 damage and protection (from all tanks), nothing to envy from any SnB around ;)
However, the mastery curve is harder for SM since you have to grasp the mechanic, and you still need many SC/PvE gear and renown to be fully effective.

I made a post in another SM topic if you want to look the whole 2H specs (it changed a bit, see further messages). ;)

ashton007

Post#7 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:28 am

Fenris78 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:32 pm 2H knight :
- Has been butchered of all his defensive tools, only left with crappy perseverance armor buff wich doesnt stack with other buffs. All other defensive skills and tactics being tied to shield only.
- Deals pityful damage and wont hit often, no armor debuff, no strikethrough options, physical damage only.
- Stat buffs wich are passive, but only 3 at a time.

Chosen is leagues ahead KotBS when it comes to 2H viability.

2H SM :
- You got plenty tactics to choose from, amongst them defensive for resilience (great weapon mastery, bolstering enchantment and/or Blessing of Hoeth for healing allies, 20% heal on yourself, and Vaul's Buffer if you want to play immortal solo tank), very efficient offensive ones (potent enchantment, 10% strikethrough tactics)
- You will hit pretty much everyone (discerning offense), hitting on debuffed spirit res (you have at least twice the damage of knight), and debuffing multiple stats at once with nature's blade + AoE skills, including initiative and weaponskill (120 stolen stats is huge when you have perma 3-4 at once on your party)
- You provide nice group buffs (Group absorb, Cooldown reducer, healing procs, stolen stats/armor buffs etc.)
- You got the best avoidance increaser of the game (+50% on all your defenses, and working 360° unlike hold the line), plus a 25% parry buff (only 5s tho... :/)
- You have the best 2H weapon proc of the game (Crimsonwind) for a tank.
- You can renown spec full defensive (3 Futile Strike, full Parry, full Disrupt, 3 Hardy concession) and deal very good damage while being very resilient.
- If you want to go SnB, the middle tree is very viable and some tactics are even better than the KotBS, (only Vigilance being superior to SM in middle tree).

Playing a 2H SM will not feel like being papermade or less useful for group, I garantee you. And you'll top-3 damage and protection (from all tanks), nothing to envy from any SnB around ;)
However, the mastery curve is harder for SM since you have to grasp the mechanic, and you still need many SC/PvE gear and renown to be fully effective.

I made a post in another SM topic if you want to look the whole 2H specs (it changed a bit, see further messages). ;)
You mean when it comes to damage... kobs is beating the 🐶 💩 out of chosen for utility. The 15% healing for your party alone beats almost any other single utility offered by a tank. Chosen is better solo I guess but this not a solo game.

rikthor89

Post#8 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:03 am

thanks a lot

so to speak when I say 1VSx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KosMaWn ... l=DagothUr

i don't know what equip uses but if i could reproduce this build it would be great. for Kobs there is not much on the tube so I have no method of comparison

Ads
Fenris78

Post#9 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:46 am

ashton007 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:28 am You mean when it comes to damage... kobs is beating the 🐶 💩 out of chosen for utility. The 15% healing for your party alone beats almost any other single utility offered by a tank. Chosen is better solo I guess but this not a solo game.
Blessing of Hoeth = heal for any ally (not only party) hitting your targets, stacking with similar effects from other SMs.
Bolstering Enchantment = unconditional party heal (but you still have to hit targets).

Blessing of hoeth alone can provide far more than 15% more heal on party.
You'll want to use both tactics (so yes it's a bit more costly) but actually you can provide 25 to 33% heal output from a pure healer, by yourself.

The only downsides are :
- Technically you dont boost the healers "burst"
- It's not working well in funnel situations, since you have to hit targets.

ashton007

Post#10 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:54 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:46 am
ashton007 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:28 am You mean when it comes to damage... kobs is beating the 🐶 💩 out of chosen for utility. The 15% healing for your party alone beats almost any other single utility offered by a tank. Chosen is better solo I guess but this not a solo game.
Blessing of Hoeth = heal for any ally (not only party) hitting your targets, stacking with similar effects from other SMs.
Bolstering Enchantment = unconditional party heal (but you still have to hit targets).

Blessing of hoeth alone can provide far more than 15% more heal on party.
You'll want to use both tactics (so yes it's a bit more costly) but actually you can provide 25 to 33% heal output from a pure healer, by yourself.

The only downsides are :
- Technically you dont boost the healers "burst"
- It's not working well in funnel situations, since you have to hit targets.
That is fluff heals man, you don’t typically use the heals in 2h build. I’m talking about actual group utility. Healing isn’t exactly a utility. 15% healing for your entire group is like nerfing healdebuff against your party.