Recent Topics

Ads

Bait....

Let's talk about... everything else
ufthakk
Suspended

Re: Scenarios....

Post#21 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:24 pm

Could add a barrier to eternal citadel, also some guards in tv and other scs.
Maybe it's working as intended but in howling gorge u have to hug the guards for them to react.

Ads
oaliaen

Post#22 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:23 pm

Should be all pugs and one or two 6v6

navis

Post#23 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:34 am

oaliaen wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:23 pm Should be all pugs and one or two 6v6
I agree.

Farrul

Post#24 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:00 pm

GamesBond wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:53 pmSome premade groups require you to be vocal on Discord, it's not a hardcore mentality nor an elitist mentality, it's how people play nowadays with the easily accessible QoL improvements that a 3rd party software may offer.
There are many potential issues/barriers with Discord ( voice com) that when forced upon people will make a lot of them simply quit rather than attempt socilizing, this is not unique to Warhammer online. For a variety of reasons, e.g language difficulties - not everyone feels comfortable talking in english - casuals that want to relax a moment with a game coming home stressful work, time constraints i.e real life responsibilities and no time to setup a team or follow guild schedules, social anxiety etc).

This exact topic was in fact very hot in the WoW classic forums 1,5 years ago when que times suddenly dramatically increased in the Battlegrounds (WoW classic equivalent to scenarios ) when casuals finally had enough of being farmed by premades for several weeks(this coincided with the release of ''event'' weekend Battlegrounds that promoted premade activity) . Interestingly enough It turned out that when the casuals were quitting the premade crowd lost interest as well, it seems their joy was to steamroll pugs for easy rewards and not fight the hard battles against other premades ( obviously a lot more demanding).

So back to Warhammer online, what can be learned from this? That there should be a balance between premade and pugs, without pugs(imo the lifeblood) most of these games becomes in fact very ''elitist'' and the communities/player base shrinks dramatically as a result.

The issue i see with RoR is that it does not have the luxury of numbers to sacrifice players like that (WoW classic had a 500k strong playerbase at that time).

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#25 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:18 pm

Farrul wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:00 pm
GamesBond wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:53 pmSome premade groups require you to be vocal on Discord, it's not a hardcore mentality nor an elitist mentality, it's how people play nowadays with the easily accessible QoL improvements that a 3rd party software may offer.
There are many potential issues/barriers with Discord ( voice com) that when forced upon people will make a lot of them simply quit rather than attempt socilizing, this is not unique to Warhammer online. For a variety of reasons, e.g language difficulties - not everyone feels comfortable talking in english - casuals that want to relax a moment with a game coming home stressful work, time constraints i.e real life responsibilities and no time to setup a team or follow guild schedules, social anxiety etc).

This exact topic was in fact very hot in the WoW classic forums 1,5 years ago when que times suddenly dramatically increased in the Battlegrounds (WoW classic equivalent to scenarios ) when casuals finally had enough of being farmed by premades for several weeks(this coincided with the release of ''event'' weekend Battlegrounds that promoted premade activity) . Interestingly enough It turned out that when the casuals were quitting the premade crowd lost interest as well, it seems their joy was to steamroll pugs for easy rewards and not fight the hard battles against other premades ( obviously a lot more demanding).

So back to Warhammer online, what can be learned from this? That there should be a balance between premade and pugs, without pugs(imo the lifeblood) most of these games becomes in fact very ''elitist'' and the communities/player base shrinks dramatically as a result.

The issue i see with RoR is that it does not have the luxury of numbers to sacrifice players like that (WoW classic had a 500k strong playerbase at that time).
The core misunderstanding is that neither you nor myself define how people should play. That's about it. If you're losing 24/7 (which I doubt, people exaggerate), then you need to change the way you're playing and that's for your own sake.

Being on voice coms is not at all an elitist thing if you actually would like to play in this era. Coordinating with your team mates is not an elitist thing. I understand many older players might consider Discord complicated or 'a barrier' - but that's not everyone else's issue.

We're not sacrificing anything. Discord is available, we won't shape the game because some people refuse to put their headset, left click on a channel and listen to orders. I know many people in the community who are old and they have quickly learned and adapted to Discord and voice coms to the point where they now require younger players to be present during their warbands, premades, etc.

You put a slight effort, you reap the benefits. You don't put any effort into organizing, you will lose when you face other people who are organized.

Farrul

Post#26 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:07 pm

GamesBond wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:18 pmBeing on voice coms is not at all an elitist thing if you actually would like to play in this era. Coordinating with your team mates is not an elitist thing. I understand many older players might consider Discord complicated or 'a barrier' - but that's not everyone else's issue.
Well as already mentioned there are several reasons as to why people dont want (or can) join and be part of a successful Discord party, besides when a game is complex like RoR the ''elitist'' factor increases naturally ( requires Tanks, Heals, Dps and due to class imbalances prefered meta classes ). This is not a simple FPS shooter, organizing takes time and not everyone is able to do it or joins at the correct time, shouldn't be underestimated imo.

However i definitely think people should group up and organize , but systems in-game could be improved to help facilitate pugs into organizing more efficiently to at least make the fights more interesting, e,g improved LFG and/or matching systems, my point is that voice coms are not always a good solution for everyone at all times, there is a large empty space between ''Pug'' and ''Discord'' that could be filled without harming anyone.

GamesBond wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:18 pmWe're not sacrificing anything. Discord is available, we won't shape the game because some people refuse to put their headset, left click on a channel and listen to orders. I know many people in the community who are old and they have quickly learned and adapted to Discord and voice coms to the point where they now require younger players to be present during their warbands, premades, etc.

You put a slight effort, you reap the benefits. You don't put any effort into organizing, you will lose when you face other people who are organized.
I disagree. Discord may be technically available but not practically at all times(especially as this community is a small one), i definitely believe there is room for improvement.

Automation

Post#27 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:16 pm

GamesBond wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:18 pm
Farrul wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:00 pm

The core misunderstanding is that neither you nor myself define how people should play. That's about it. If you're losing 24/7 (which I doubt, people exaggerate), then you need to change the way you're playing and that's for your own sake.

Being on voice coms is not at all an elitist thing if you actually would like to play in this era. Coordinating with your team mates is not an elitist thing. I understand many older players might consider Discord complicated or 'a barrier' - but that's not everyone else's issue.

We're not sacrificing anything. Discord is available, we won't shape the game because some people refuse to put their headset, left click on a channel and listen to orders. I know many people in the community who are old and they have quickly learned and adapted to Discord and voice coms to the point where they now require younger players to be present during their warbands, premades, etc.

Very well sayed
I really dont get all this whine posts.
I solo allot my self, and if i lose, i know why.
I dont go and make posts expecting it to be someone else problem.
I rarely say this but i couldnt agree more with youre post GamesBond : )

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#28 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:31 pm

GamesBond wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:18 pm
I know many people in the community who are old and they have quickly learned and adapted to Discord and voice coms to the point where they now require younger players to be present during their warbands, premades, etc.
How u aquire that information ? I think it's a lot of older mmo players that like to hang out in voice chat all day.
Voice chat is just another option to get an advantage. NOT a guarantee to win. Eternal Citadel is about bis ppl beating up lowgear ppl.

Ads
tazdingo

Post#29 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:06 pm

eternal citadel is abt not showing up without a proper dps and not rolling into a bg who knows how to punt. thank you tinker engis who keep queuing

sjemen

Post#30 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:17 pm

oaliaen wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:23 pm Should be all pugs and one or two 6v6
100%
shmemsy 82 IB sjem 75 WP sjembem 70 ENG shmem WH 67 sjemo 68 WL sjemsy 64 BW fatsjem 59 SLAY shmoom 52 AM sjemsjem 53 RP smemz 43 KotBSsjemel 59 SW
shmemz 68 SH sjemz 64 SHM sjemppa 48 BOsjemmy 50 CHP ssjemm 43 MAR