Recent Topics

Ads

Bait....

Let's talk about... everything else
Grock

Re: Scenarios....

Post#51 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:33 am

alexc wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:30 pm I just want to add. I see lots of complaints about how the community here is toxic. Want to know why? Because the only people that stick around are toxic elitist sperglords.
As opposed to civil and nice people who call others "toxic elitist sperglors"?
What the ****
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
Grock

Post#52 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:42 am

KenkuKensai wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:13 am The fact is, there is nothing lost by making pre-mades fight other pre-mades. Not one single thing.
Take your own words as a hint:
KenkuKensai wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:10 pmnot to mention that queueing for a single scenario significantly increases wait times
If queueing for pug sc significantly increases queue times, maybe there's not enough people to populate the "no-premades" queue?

That said though, i do agree that there should be more than one pug scenarios available(esp. now with GoE being pug sc for weeks due to event) and the feature itself should be more apparent, rather than being hidden behind an obscure chat command.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Everdin

Post#53 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:01 am

Husti wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:31 am Yes, that would be a good compromise. Having the event sc as pug also would be a great improvement. Also telling people more directly which is pug and which not and what does that mean (with yellow system messages when you queue up).
type .pug in chat and you have your yellow message
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#54 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:31 am

KenkuKensai wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:13 am You really can't see the hypocrisy in your post?

"...neither you nor myself define how people should play."

And then you proceed to say that people should be on voice-comms and whatnot, or else lose.
Adding to what Sulorie replied to you..

No I don't see the hypocrisy. If you proceed and read till the end, you will get that I'm highlighting on the options that you already have in-game in order to increase your chances of winning, you can completely ignore these viable options but don't waste your time trying to convince anyone here that pugging SCs is better than team-play.

After all, I'm not obliging you to be on voice coms or to team up with anyone, it's totally up to you but it's your optimal option if you are frustrated from all the losses that you experienced.
KenkuKensai wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:13 am The fact is, there is nothing lost by making pre-mades fight other pre-mades. Not one single thing.
Also adding to what Grock replied to you..

There are two important factors actually, not only one:
1. The ability to reap the benefits of coordinating and playing as a team which is a core value for the game in any game mode, RvR, SC and PvE.
2. The queue time. The moment the system matches premades together, it will drastically increase the queue times which will realistically force these groups to disband and queue solo.

tazdingo

Post#55 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:54 am

why not just have each sc have 2 seperate versions, pug & open? so when choosing sc you see

| morkain temple | morkain temple (pug) |

as separate things?

let people vote with their feet. is there a tech reason this can't happen?

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#56 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:16 pm

tazdingo wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:54 am why not just have each sc have 2 seperate versions, pug & open? so when choosing sc you see

as separate things?

At least if the event sc is 6v6. Maybe also restrict to sub rr70 if that's possible.

Everdin

Post#57 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:24 pm

ufthakk wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:16 pm
tazdingo wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:54 am why not just have each sc have 2 seperate versions, pug & open? so when choosing sc you see

as separate things?

At least if the event sc is 6v6. Maybe also restrict to sub rr70 if that's possible.
So you want to split the pug-players also in 2 tiers? Have fun with 2 sc pop at a weekend ;D

Or you just want that no post rr70 char can join?
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#58 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:45 pm

Yes. 70+ can join the normal sc. And i'm talking only about 6v6 we-event sc.
Maybe possible for other scs in prime time?

Ads
Everdin

Post#59 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:49 pm

Great, so pug que should be not available for rr70+? It's okay if they get farmend by premades?

Sounds a little bit intolerant, they also have feelings....

Edit:
What about a checkbox where you can opt in "I'm a Snowflake, and all enemys should have at least 10rr and 2 equip tiers lower then me?"
#AllClassesMatter

― John Burroughs

Ekundu01

Post#60 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:57 pm

This server doesn't have the population to support forcing the system to form perfect groups. We don't have multiple servers to pull players from we have one server. Doing SCs at low pop times are already slow we don't need it to be even slower. There is no way to change the system that wouldn't increase time waiting between SCs.

Even if the system was changed to pug vs pug only you will still have issues with too many dps queing up, but you wouldn't have the option to make a premade and be stuck with no support classes losing every match. There are too many dps heros and not enough support classes.

Players group up for SCs to make life easier so they make sure they have the right support to not insta die. Most classes need some sort of support, trying to play some classes that need support roles to function properly in some sort of pug setting is a nightmare. There is no magical fix to the system and no matter what que system we have in place has its own set of problems. What we have now for our server population is the best system and if you want a better time make a group or even a partial group can do wonders. Not every class has a viable solo spec and this is a game that is meant to be played grouped up. If you want to be a solo hero you should probably find a different game.
Trismack