Recent Topics

Ads

Please Fix Debolstering

Let's talk about... everything else
ExcretusMaximus

Please Fix Debolstering

Post#1 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:06 pm

There is no reason we should have to fight people whose stats are most-likely capped, even if debolstered, and get no RP for it. These high levels in the starting zone are part of the event, I accept that, but why are we doubly punished by having an almost impossible to win fight and getting nothing for it if we win?
<Countered By Skill> & <RUN AWAY>
...........(active)...................(inactive)

Ads
pvprangergod
Suspended

Re: Please Fix Debolstering

Post#2 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:38 am

apparently RoR team is really good at scaring away any potential new players

anarchypark

Post#3 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:40 am

aren't you t1 players at max lvl 15 ?
sometimes higher with bolstering ?
my sov tank debolstered to lvl 10 and was easy pray to t1 high lvls.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Husti

Post#4 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:41 am

pvprangergod wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:38 am apparently RoR team is really good at scaring away any potential new players
And apparently they keep buffing strong classes like the WE for no reason and don't even explain why. Same they did with the SHs over 6 month.

Remember the small note in the last city patch?

"Damage procs are now affected by outgoing damage stats. After close examination of many old videos from live, it has been concluded that this is how they worked on the live servers. It also simplifies it all to handle them in same way as regular damage in this regard."

WEs witchbrew proc went up in damage by 20% ... I'm not joking. It's true. They didn't even answer the question what was changed regarding proccs and why.

pvprangergod
Suspended

Post#5 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:04 am

Husti wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:41 am
pvprangergod wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:38 am apparently RoR team is really good at scaring away any potential new players
And apparently they keep buffing strong classes like the WE for no reason and don't even explain why. Same they did with the SHs over 6 month.

"Damage procs are now affected by outgoing damage stats. After close examination of many old videos from live, it has been concluded that this is how they worked on the live servers. It also simplifies it all to handle them in same way as regular damage in this regard."

WEs witchbrew proc went up in damage by 20% ... I'm not joking. It's true. They didn't even answer the question what was changed regarding proccs and why.
i mean that change does make perfect sense. i would consider it a quality of life update, they also need to fix tooltips to include information like ICD (internal cooldowns) because its really unintuitive how alot of abilities work in the game. or atleast update the career builder and put some sort of wiki with information about how abilities work, including what buffs/debuffs can stack with eachother and other useful info that is annoying to come by if you don't have a RoR veteran to ask or don't have the classes yourself to test ingame.

whether or not it makes witch brew too strong is another argument entirely. i would have to be a bis geared witch elf to tell you what the ideal spec options are for we. when ror team makes a change like that they should also put a note about what abilities it effects. also i can't work out how to search the forum to find only balance/ability fixes and changes, theres like 1 patch per week and thats way too much to try and search through to figure out what has changed recently.

what ror team seems to miss the point of entirely is that they can't "balance" broken classes, and especially cannot balance around stupid gamemodes like solo ranked. all balance should be directed at RVR and just genrally making classes more fun and feel more unique or impactful as i say in the next paragraph, generally each class should fit atleast 1 niche and then have specs which either explore that niche or provide alternate playstyles or group synergies. the devs like to hint at that they don't care about balancing around solo ranked, or don't balance around 1v1 either, but this is an outright lie because they have literally nerfed the shield dok multiple times purely based on "wow look at this screenshot i took that shows a big number, that means that class must be OP!" and the dev went and nerfed it several times.

there needs to be revival of classes by making their playstyle and specs more interesting. alot of "balance changes" ruin abilities and classes by either literally breaking them, and also just making them super unintuitive. an example of broken change would be the removal of black orc cooldown reducer, the replacement tactic does not give any toughness to the group members even though its supposed to. and one really unintuitive change would be the new warrior priest and dok detaunt changes, its explained here in great detail viewtopic.php?f=95&t=45337 but the simple version is that the tactic literally does nothing when you are shield or dps spec and when you are book/chalice it hardly functions as an aoe detaunt or at the very least is unreliable and unintuitive. the detaunt nerf was likely made because some noob player/dev/realmchamp thought that warrior priests and doks are "invincible" when standing inside a blob (read the patch note/link i put above, they literally claim something to this effect). meanwhile literally any half decent group or warband considers it hilarious when healers are standing inside the blob and just eat them up for free renown.

ExcretusMaximus

Post#6 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:12 pm

Can we stop with the intentional derailment and discuss the actual issue this topic is about?
<Countered By Skill> & <RUN AWAY>
...........(active)...................(inactive)

Sinisterror

Post#7 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:38 am

Lol it affects EVERY dmg proc not just witch brew so this is definetely good change. Witch brew is not that good, live it didnt have icd then it was much smoother compared to now. Wh bullets/WE kisses/riposte/wpn procs/jagged edge and all career mechanic+skill procs do more dmg after this change which is all positive.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Sulorie

Post#8 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:00 am

You seem to miss, that they nerfed WB DMG before. Now they are just back to normal. It was a unnecessary nerf tbh.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:03 am

ExcretusMaximus wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:06 pm There is no reason we should have to fight people whose stats are most-likely capped, even if debolstered, and get no RP for it. These high levels in the starting zone are part of the event, I accept that, but why are we doubly punished by having an almost impossible to win fight and getting nothing for it if we win?
Their stats are lower, not higher and they have less skills at their disposal.
You don't lose against them, because they are too strong in general, they might be just stronger than you but this would be true for a lot original t1 players as well. Did you ever think about what you are doing wrong?
Dying is no option.

Husti

Post#10 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:59 am

Sulorie wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:00 am

You seem to miss, that they nerfed WB DMG before. Now they are just back to normal. It was a unnecessary nerf tbh.
I don't know which damage procs were affected by that change. They didn't tell us. On my BW and SW I didn't see any difference.

The WEs witchbrew however is higher now. 536 after patch to 449 pre-patch.

before patch:
https://ibb.co/87QD51f

after patch:
https://ibb.co/zVzPmZF

That's around 2300 damage only from witchbrew in that last picture. I was lucky that no kisses procced.

However, arguing that they were unnecessarily nefed back then and this buff was kind of deserved really blows my mind. How can you say "it was that way in the past or on live and just implement it, without looking at how these classes currently perform?". RoR is a lot different then live was.

I mean look at the last screenshot again. That's the damage from a high rr top gear SW. I mostly did less damage then she with throwing daggers and procs... How can you argue that this is fine?