Recent Topics

Ads

Orcapults debate

Let's talk about... everything else
wonshot

Orcapults debate

Post#1 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:02 pm

Hello,

With the Stage3 of the Live event one of the rewards have been the Orcapult to be used only in fortresses.

These have been in the game for a while now, but with a 7day expireing timer.
So many now is a good time to talk about if these are adding more to the fortress fights, or if they ruin the experience?

Ive been in like 3-4 fortresses where the attacking realm have used the orcapults, myself.
And while half of them were not severely impactful to the extend of carrying the fortress push,
there was atleast 1-2 fortresses where i would say the Orcapults opened up a hard defence in lord room an was the reason the attackers won (a possitve imho. even if i was defender)

So what does the orcapults actually do to a fortress stage3 the way i see it:
- Allow for a heavy funnel on both maingate + postern to be forced to split their attention to roof-level aswel. Making any defending criticalmass being split.
And while the Flyers are already an option, these are too easy to counter imo as the drop-off locations are too telegraphed and you can get shot in the air while come flying in.
- The orcapults take some time to launch a full warband up on roof-level, so the defenders have a short time periode to organize if they uproot from their defensive possitions and go clear the roof. Making the stage3 less static and more about organization and strategy.

While there are probably alot more points to this, these two stuck out to me to what orcapults and siegeweaponery add more flavor to keepsieges.
Orcapults make the players have more of a choice in the single most static piece of orvr content as of right now, Stage3 in forts. This stage is pretty much lucked in place of how it plays out despite fort mechanics with cauldron, kegs, jailbreaks etc. Yet most players might leave a fort thinking "well that was exactly like every other fort in stage3"

Basicly, i think more playerchoice and option are a welcome addition to Forts to break funnels. What do you guys think of Orcapults / ratogres / siegetowers or whatever can help break a strong funnel?
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
tazdingo

Re: Orcapults debate

Post#2 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:09 pm

no decay, allow at keeps, deploy # limit. delay is long enough, why not shake things up

Aethilmar

Post#3 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:22 pm

Firstly, I am 100% in favor of shaking things up so don't take my next comment as naysaying.

But what is in it for the defenders? The game is already built around zone flipping and it is pretty easy on the whole. Most forts stand or fall based on how many organized WB are attacking/defending and the zerg side tends to have the most of those.

So while this would make the fort fight more dynamic, it will just add another advantage for the attackers which they don't really need.

However, if the orcapult had a downside for the attackers (risk/reward) then maybe this would be a good idea. For instance if each deployed orcapult reduced the defense timer so the attackers had less room for error then maybe this would be an interesting change to mechanics.

zulnam

Post#4 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:00 pm

Always up for more siege equipment; perhaps after they add the new cities to the campaign. Deff wanna try endgame in some new zones.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Stahn123
Banned

Post#5 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:53 pm

Aethilmar wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:22 pm Firstly, I am 100% in favor of shaking things up so don't take my next comment as naysaying.

But what is in it for the defenders? The game is already built around zone flipping and it is pretty easy on the whole. Most forts stand or fall based on how many organized WB are attacking/defending and the zerg side tends to have the most of those.

So while this would make the fort fight more dynamic, it will just add another advantage for the attackers which they don't really need.

However, if the orcapult had a downside for the attackers (risk/reward) then maybe this would be a good idea. For instance if each deployed orcapult reduced the defense timer so the attackers had less room for error then maybe this would be an interesting change to mechanics.
Perhaps a chance to slam into the wall for instant death as was in the first Warhammer Online introduction? Rewarding all Defenders with a max reward for renown for the said attacker who splats? Order is almost ALWAYS the aggressor the majority of the day and the LAST thing they need is yet ANOTHER way to steamroll Destro 20 hours a day without penalty to the attacker or boost for the defender.

Vri

Post#6 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:21 pm

tazdingo wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:09 pm no decay, allow at keeps, deploy # limit. delay is long enough, why not shake things up
This ^ Lets spice things up in the lakes and forts.

tazdingo

Post#7 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:25 pm

order hasnt been that dominant in EU rvr lately destro has been crushing it with keep retakes.