POTIONS ARE FOR NOOBS - In WoW and many other MMOS.

Let's talk about... everything else
Xirucio

Re: POTIONS ARE FOR NOOBS - In WoW and many other MMOS.

Post#11 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:27 pm

Yep, that's pretty much the topic overall. That ''dishonorable'' in other games, like WoW for example it's ''skill-less''. So...i'm a bit shocked that people find this normal even in a small PvP context here.
Winning is indeed winning, but a quality WINNING it's something else.

Ads
tazdingo

Post#12 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:44 pm

what an odd thread

Elemint

Post#13 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:46 pm

Yeah, the core of this game is open realm vs realm, where there's no such thing as a fair fight. Winning fights isn't just winning fights here, it's how you progress your character - it's natural people are going to take every advantage they can get.
Compared to WoW, where the reward for winning a /duel is the good feel of winning a duel, ofc people are going to be looking down on using consumables - it's completely pointless. You've spent time or money getting a potion, that you will get absolutely no tangible reward for using. This game isn't anything like that, it's farm or be farmed

Xirucio

Post#14 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:48 pm

Yep, normality is subjective, popping pots it's normal but let's say not popping them and winning every versus, would not make you a better overall skilled player?
Edit for : tazdingo

tazdingo

Post#15 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:58 pm

you use pots to take pressure off your heals in key moments, like if your healer is getting pressured hard and you wanna let them focus on keeping themselves up for a few secs. it's not "noob spam" it's a strategic decision with a long CD that every1 has access to because double heal is so easy to obtain. idk where the absorb meta came from guess im behind the times

nobody cares about duels just pick sh or wh and win everything by default or get out for free if it looks like you're not going to
Last edited by tazdingo on Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elemint

Post#16 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:58 pm

That's extremely obvious, so i don't really see the point. I've told you multiple times, treatment of pots as core skills in this game comes from open zones being an extremely unfair and unforgiving place, so you need every advantage you can get, and the fact that pots are so efficient and trivial to get

Xirucio

Post#17 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:02 am

Elemint wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:46 pm Yeah, the core of this game is open realm vs realm, where there's no such thing as a fair fight. Winning fights isn't just winning fights here, it's how you progress your character - it's natural people are going to take every advantage they can get.
Compared to WoW, where the reward for winning a /duel is the good feel of winning a duel, ofc people are going to be looking down on using consumables - it's completely pointless. You've spent time or money getting a potion, that you will get absolutely no tangible reward for using. This game isn't anything like that, it's farm or be farmed
It's not a matter of resources, i mean how much a pot can cost in a WoW duel?...It's a matter of culture.
Pots are external factors that heal you and that's not acceptable in a ''skilled based'' environment. You are your class and that's what one have to prove, not absorbtion gizmos etc.
Regardless the first line, as the game been a large scale one, well ...I agree!

Elemint

Post#18 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:05 am

Oh believe me if WoW was Warhammer Online, WoW players would behave like Warhammer Online players. Speaking of which, what is your view on engineering?

Ads
Xirucio

Post#19 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:07 am

I'm a former GW2/WoW player and i struggle to accept this popping pots culture...for now.
Engineering? Yea, everyone use it. Rocket boots etc

Elemint

Post#20 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:09 am

So if i said
Xirucio wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:02 am Engineering is external factor that that's not acceptable in a ''skilled based'' environment. You are your class and that's what one have to prove.
how would you defend it?