POTIONS ARE FOR NOOBS - In WoW and many other MMOS.

Let's talk about... everything else
Xirucio

Re: POTIONS ARE FOR NOOBS - In WoW and many other MMOS.

Post#21 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:10 am

Not a factor that heals you or protect you every 3 minutes.(see topic title...)
Rocket boots, parachutes.
Last edited by Xirucio on Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Elemint

Post#22 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:15 am

Then why is it unavailable in arenas?

Xirucio

Post#23 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:16 am

Elemint wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:15 am Then why is it unavailable in arenas?
No idea or relevant to the discussion.
Dude, popping 2xheal pots every 3 mins, 1 x absorb one and 1x regen one...it's a game of POTS.
I may get used to it, because i felt in love of other parts of the game, like lore and especially the community ...but , this pots popping does not points towards a culture of skill based ...game, not at least in the known MMO environment.
Last edited by Xirucio on Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:26 am, edited 5 times in total.

Elemint

Post#24 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:19 am

Waaaaaaaait a minute, is this one of those high quality advertising threads, where a completely new forum account posts something that rouses the community to respond, and then a day or two after, when the thread reaches 10 pages an advertising link appears in the OP? If it's so, could you tell me more about this way of advertising?

Edit: I'm only asking for ̶a̶ ̶f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶ Bombling, i reckon he'd make a killing

Scottx125

Post#25 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:41 am

Elemint wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:23 pm Groupwise potions have absolutely no effect on class builds. As for soloing, yes, everyone uses pots. No, nobody gives a flying **** it's "dishonorable". Consider them core abilities.
Only if one person in the group uses it. If everyone has pots in the group it can absorb a chunk of a morale dump. I hate the use of potions personally. Stats potions etc are fine. But single use health potions and HoT potions shouldn't exist. The only reason people use them is because they give you a distinct advantage, or using it limits the advantage of anyone else currently using it. If health or action point potions didn't exist. It wouldn't make much difference to the game. It'd just be one less thing to worry about having to prep before organised RvR. It'd prob save guilds a lot of money and time as well.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

CyunUnderis

Post#26 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:20 am

So you lost (again) a 1v1 with your WP 2H and decide to make a post about it on the forum ? That's a nice WoW player behaviour 8-)

Pots are easy to get (30 silver the 1k5 green, 1h of butchering to get 200 potions of absorption, the rest come from RvR/SC) and can help a lot during organized fights (oRvR, GvG, 6v6, 6vX, ...). Pots are some defending skills that can let someone survive an assist : if the enemy notice that you used the three kind of pots, you become an easy target because you do not have any defensive skills up.

I don't see why potions are for noobs. I think this is the opposite : this is for people that want to play the best with all the tools the game can provide.

Caduceus

Post#27 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:28 am

Imagine classes get absorb potions and regen potions as their core ability set, and without the 3 min cooldown. (Yes, I'm looking at you dps healers and regen tanks)
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Caduceus

Post#28 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:35 am

Xirucio wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:16 am
Dude, popping 2xheal pots every 3 mins, 1 x absorb one and 1x regen one...it's a game of POTS.
I may get used to it, because i felt in love of other parts of the game, like lore and especially the community ...but , this pots popping does not points towards a culture of skill based ...game, not at least in the known MMO environment.

Using potions is generally to the advantage of the melee classes, because it buys them more time to survive the kiting of ranged classes, and when the kiting ends most ranged classes will be dead very quickly (except AM/Shaman, of course).

I know you are sort of a new player, so my advice would be, just try out running with potions for a while. You're right in that they are extremely important and powerful in RoR. I don't agree that they dilute the class identity; in fact, I think because fights carry on longer, the class identities flourish more.

However, it does seem to be to the advantage of certain classes, because the more survivable class is, the more effect those potions have. 4k health for a beefy tank with loads of regen to boot is a lot more than 4k health for a squishy sorc. On a tank it may cost you 2 minutes to burn through it, on a sorc it requires 2 seconds. So yea, not exactly a balancing factor.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Ads
BluIzLucky

Post#29 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:00 am

Welcome to the game!
If you do not have enough damage to kill somebody potting every 3 minutes... consider going more offensive or picking a class that will eat through a triple pot in 5 seconds.
As others have mentioned there's skill involved with proper use and everyone have access to the same pots.
They serve to help balance between classes and can fill in gaps in your build, and is a fairly big currency drain, which any game needs.

Going squishy? Be more deliberate with using high quality absorb+heal pots.
Going without AP regen or against AP drain?
Chuck AP pots.
Anticipating incoming crit burst? Time with absorb pot.
Going against a slow killing hybrid? Punish them with regen pots.

Think you can survive with cheap pots? Save hundreds of gold.

The stat boosting potions are arguably way worse since they nullify so many abilities. Though I don't have an issue with either.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

kirraha

Post#30 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:01 am

Xirucio wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:52 pm I mean, they should have an importance, but not at a level of game changing.
Absorbtion and recovery ones? They pretty much define every spec and class success in RoR.
Potions are not extensions of specs right?
You have the EXACT same tools and capability to use potions.

Buy them, or make them. Both ways are very easy!