POTIONS ARE FOR NOOBS - In WoW and many other MMOS.

Let's talk about... everything else
Xirucio

Re: POTIONS ARE FOR NOOBS - In WoW and many other MMOS.

Post#31 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:13 am

CyunUnderis wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:20 am So you lost (again) a 1v1 with your WP 2H and decide to make a post about it on the forum ? That's a nice WoW player behaviour 8-)
Actually no, far from it.
The class and especially the spec is very rewarding for me, giving it's underdog status and i have quite some wins under my belt with it.

''To all'' thanks for the time and clarifications, and yea...i have to go with the realization that every game is a distinct entity and there is no such thing as an universal rule that should apply in all MMORPG's.
Cheers!

Ads
DaWolf

Post#32 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:34 am

Do we really need to have this kind of conversation? :roll:

warlover

Post#33 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:02 am

DaWolf wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:34 am Do we really need to have this kind of conversation? :roll:
Exactly

normanis

Post#34 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:39 pm

just remove divine assault and u will se how he will drunk potions. (or any ather damge to heal ability for hybrids).
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Collision

Post#35 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:00 pm

OP is wrong, potion aren't for noob as you need to farm for them.
Potion are just unfaire in 1v1 when you fight a "no life" player and pot for the advantage.
potion are fine in rvr

Omegus

Post#36 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:30 pm

Collision wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:00 pm OP is wrong, potion aren't for noob as you need to farm for them.
Potion are just unfaire in 1v1 when you fight a "no life" player and pot for the advantage.
potion are fine in rvr
1v1 is still RvR. If you want pure duels with arbitary rules then you can duel in the Garden.

It's a realm war.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Rhinochild

Post#37 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:02 pm

It's hard to prove how honourable you are in your rarely-found 1v1 in rvr because it so often turns into a 1v25.

And if you're against heal/absorb, are you also against armor pots? Liniments? They're a part of the game. Don't be shy. Use them.

ALTHOUGH... absorb pots? That's true try-hard mode. I almost never remember to use them, but would if I did.
Hamskull, Hamdisc, Hamblek, Hamball, Hambean, Hambeam, etc

Grock

Post#38 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:04 pm

Xirucio wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:47 pm Yes, because your subjectivity is based on your ranged experience (I just checked your signature).
EDIT: nwm.
But the question remains, why people resort so heavily in this game on them in order to generate some sort of result...i, as a result of my gaming history, i feel noobish to spam gazilions of absorption and healing pots.
I came from a ''gaming ideology'' where pots spamming takes NO SKILL .
What are you even talking about? Every potion type has 3 minute cooldown, you cant "spam" them in any way

Majority of classes in this game has no way to reliably heal themselves, and also don't really have any defensive CDs apart from M1, so potions fill both of those niches.

Im not sure what is that background of yours where using an important part of the game that takes time, preparation and grining is considered "no skill" but its certainly not an MMORPG mindset.
This isn't a duelling game, its an Open RvR game where you have no guarantee of a fair fight. An enemy might be baiting you or a 3rd party could join the fight at any minute.
Beyond that surviving and landing kills is the core of the game's progression and gameplay, expecting people to give up on that for vague fairness in a fight is not sensible.

That said though, many gankers who know each other prefer to do duels without potions, when possible. And will often disengage when joine by 3rd party.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
Xirucio

Post#39 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:13 pm

Guys, what i understood from all this 4 pages, is the fact that potions are normal in an Warhammer Online environment ...so
Let's stop it here!

TreefAM

Post#40 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:27 pm

lmao