Recent Topics

Ads

POTIONS ARE FOR NOOBS - In WoW and many other MMOS.

Let's talk about... everything else
Yeeha

Re: POTIONS ARE FOR NOOBS - In WoW and many other MMOS.

Post#41 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:53 pm

i come from the african steppe and our survival depends on the ability to run away from predators barefooted, it is also a culture of honour and we despise people that use running shoes for an unfair advantage. ure not a cheetah ure a cheater so i respect op as a fellow hotstepper. also dont wear helmets on ur bike it looks fkin ridiculous

Ads
dwar

Post#42 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:30 pm

OP, I see where you are coming from .. quiet similar in my case.

I refrain from detaunting - an ability that lowers incoming damage up to 50% (FIFTY - that's not good sportsmanship and poor taste) up to LOTS of seconds AND the detaunt isnt a base ability like ie flee, that makes it even worst than these gamebreaking potions. At least everybody has the option to use them .. still, they are a very very unfair strategy of war, of the "gaining advantage within limits" kind.

Well, there has got to be one non cynical statement to drive the actual argument. [check] .. and back to cynical rambling

I wish we had NB back, where one could outsource the dirty work of using potions to a certain threshold of "insert your creativ choice of dependencies". That was chugging in disrespect and without any effort - now look at them noobs :ugeek:

Skullgrin

Post#43 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:21 pm

Thanks for reminding me, I need to go farm more potion materials. :P

Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Cqengi
Suspended

Post#44 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:18 pm

Not using potions in this game is mongo, you'll find the better.players here do use them and they time them well, they even matter a lot in group/warband play. Use them

anarchypark

Post#45 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:44 pm

stat potions replace some class skills. i think that's one of problem.
for example, WP/DoK armor prayer. IB/BG stat buffs. knight/chosen aura. etc
i suggested reducing potion values, half of the skill, maybe 80%. or reduce duration.
it should only useful for solo, grouping should always be better choice.
but scaling and other unknown reasons prevented it i guess.

it's mystery to me why remove class skills from game by potion system.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Sulorie

Post#46 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:56 pm

anarchypark wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:44 pm
it's mystery to me why remove class skills from game by potion system.
Because there are resist potions too and in that instance the armor prayer had a reason on paper - in practice nobody besides some solo roaming IB with armor self buff uses them.
Nevertheless the armor buff is often used in lower tiers.
Dying is no option.

space44

Post#47 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:10 pm

bruh potions don't stack on anything you already buff so your using potions to buff a stat of second importance, potions aren't that good. they could be better.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Kwiggel

Post#48 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:44 am

Only buff and heal classes should be able to buff and heal!!!

Ads
Templa

Post#49 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:41 pm

Xirucio wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:52 pm Pots in games iv played were popped only if ''the other one'' did it in a PvP Context...but the shame was immense for the first that did it and people preferred to avoid them!
It was a subculture of shame and non-skill, if pots were a part of one's aresenal.
So yea, we did sold a lot of them at the AH for PVE /Raiding purposes.
Not popping pots, (but the buff ones) during a PvP fight was a measure of SKILL.
Every game that had access to pots had people in higher skill brackets always fully decked out and constantly using them. Because unlike the casual salty stealth rogue player who is to poor to buy or make potions, people actually having a goal in mind don't hesitate to use the whole available arsenal.
Even in Wow i used potions on all classes in PvE and PvP. Stealth Deathknight?...HELL YEAH...here i come.

It always falls back to balance. If our class stands no chance without pots why would you not use them? If your Opponent is unbeatable for you with pots, that sounds to me like a counter and not a balancing issue.

Join em if you can't beat em.
Image Image

Satirico

Post#50 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:32 pm

Imo, healer role should be nerfed. Extremelly nerfed. And a new system for heal and support should take its place. Potions, potions of res, etc, or maybe every class should have a healing ability.

Healers would work more for a supporting classe, giving some buffs on heal and res.
The big problem of an mmo with healers is the need of this classe for everything. The impact of a healer in a fight is tremendous, way more than a tank.

Then you have healers dps that break the system, because the whole team need heal support and the only source of it is trying to hit a tank with his 2h hammer...

If the heal base were removed from healers and given to another source, they could be dps and keep giving support to the team.

Anyways, this is just theorical, I dont even know if it was possible.