Summer over. When will population come back?

Let's talk about... everything else
xoonerfree
Suspended

Summer over. When will population come back?

Post#1 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:34 pm

The summer has ended in the US and Europe. Thoughts when populations will return? It's been hard getting scenario pops.

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Re: Summer over. When will population come back?

Post#2 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:56 pm

Around 800 is kinda normal. If youre speaking about ranked sc - yeah they really arent popping at all. :(

Vri

Post#3 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:45 am

xoonerfree wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:34 pm The summer has ended in the US and Europe. Thoughts when populations will return? It's been hard getting scenario pops.
I think we peaked around 813 today. Winter is setting in soon, dont worry.

mynban

Post#4 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:49 am

Oceania evenings still at around 250.. we used to have 500+ same time

ExcretusMaximus

Post#5 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:52 am

According to most people in-game when this is asked, never, because they removed NerfedButtons and gave up 800 players voluntarily "for no reason."
<Countered By Skill> & <RUN AWAY>
...........(active)...................(inactive)

xoonerfree
Suspended

Post#6 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:53 am

mynban wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:49 am Oceania evenings still at around 250.. we used to have 500+ same time
Exactly. It's 8:50 p.m. EST and only 288 players in the game total. I remember having 500-800 around this time a year ago.

Maybe it's the new Amazon game, not sure. But people all said it was because of the summer pop was low. Maybe it will bounce back. Let's hope!

I've played many mmorpgs back to eq1 and AC1 to present. My experience once pop dies in group-based game it's very hard to recover. But not impossible!

abezverkhiy

Post#7 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:33 am

I play from AU and before NB ban or before summer or before The Burning Crusade release (choose the one you prefer) the population numbers in State of Realm were Warbands vs Warbands in two pairings simultaneously was business as usual.

So excuse me for finding this hard to believe that "Around 800 is kinda normal" as someone writes above. This is bullshit. We had 1500 during peak times and AU evening time when I played was 600-800.

I believe NB was greatest contributor. There is a website that stores web pages, I looked into history of past summers and looked for RoR main page. Summer drops were in place but magnitude was much smaller than in 2021. TBC is a PvE remake - we all played it, why would we en masse go and play it again? People here like warhammer pvp not warcraft pve. And amount of pain caused by NB ban was great, super long forums threads, complains ingame, frustration was and for some still is. We are not in North Korea to be told what to do some players thought and left.

When will people come? Who knows. Hope people in charge of the game learned something from this story.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Vri

Post#8 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:35 am

ExcretusMaximus wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:52 am According to most people in-game when this is asked, never, because they removed NerfedButtons and gave up 800 players voluntarily "for no reason."
1) WOW:TBC Classic, came out as well
2) Summer
3) Destro Nerfs
4) NB
5) People are burned out from Stronghold Event ending
6) The people i play with tend to take weeks or months off from ROR. I have taken five ish months off before
7) New World is out and running
8) Recent global events might be having a negative impact

Ads
Scottx125

Post#9 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:58 am

The game has always hovered around the 1000 mark at peak. Back in early 2020 there was a massive spike for a few months where the pop was regularly at 2000-3000 players. But that was simply too laggy. Generally the only time you get more pop is during winter and during special events. If you want SC's you should aim to queue during the afternoon EU time. During the evening guilds are organising for ORvR and nobody is queueing for SC's.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Omegus

Post#10 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:46 am

xoonerfree wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:34 pm The summer has ended in the US and Europe. Thoughts when populations will return? It's been hard getting scenario pops.
It briefly came back as expected, and then New World came out. A quick look at busy RoR discords will show where a lot of players are.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot